Deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yamaniakit

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the deadline for most EM residency applications (basically when does ERAS have to be complete for them)?

Members don't see this ad.

Most programs I have seen have a Nov. 1 deadline. My last letter was uploaded yesterday. Before that I was debating giving the writer a bit of a push for this very reason. You have to think that letter writers are aware of these deadlines for the most part. There is something a bit deflating about the fact that all of this has been done year after year and we are just the next group in line. Takes some of the excitement out I would say.

Friends of mine submitted their application in the last few days and are doing fine for interviews. Crazy.

3 out of 4 of my letters are still not in! i've sent out reminder emails just in case, now just sitting, shaking in my boots :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't' you agree though. Unless the letter writer is a first year attending, they have to know that they have to get it in before the November 1 deadline. I would think the writers who are habitually late have been harassed by students to get their stuff in year after year.

one would think... and yet only one of my three missing letter writers is a new attending (and not EM anyway). man, i hope the letters come in before nov 1.