DDS from Canada or US ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ava palindrome

Reaction score
hey! I'm an Indian dental student. I'm planning to go for a DDS program. Can you please help me decide which country should I go to? I have heard that dental market in US is oversaturated , and is basically a gamble for foreign trained dentists. Please, can you guys give me some insights on the same?

Members don't see this ad.

hey! I'm an Indian dental student. I'm planning to go for a DDS program. Can you please help me decide which country should I go to? I have heard that dental market in US is oversaturated , and is basically a gamble for foreign trained dentists. Please, can you guys give me some insights on the same?
[/QUOTE]

Canada is oversaturated also, the income is lower and taxes are higher in Canada. Canada also has more competitive DDS program to get accepted into.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
In order to make a decision you need to consider many more things, then just saturation
First of all - are you eligible for an equivalency process? You might not even need to get DDS to practice in Canada
The cost of tuition in Canada is much less then in the US, but a lot fewer seats available
At the same time Canadians are much more tolerable to immigrants then Americans. Dentistry is saturated everywhere. If you do not have US residency, just having DDS is not enough to get it. You might have to work in a rural area for less money for years before you get green card
And then my favorite question - do you have enough money to pay for an IDP in the states and are you able to get student and visitor visa?
Keep in mind that thousands of people with similar to yours circumstances are trying to establish themselves in both countries

If you can manage to get into one of the tremendously competitive Canadian schools then that would be the best thing to do. Youll come out with much less debt and an equivalent degree