DAT DatQVault.com

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Putitinabiscuit

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello PreDents,

The first exam on our website is FREE! After the initial free exam, Datqvault will be giving away one free full access membership to our website www.datqvault.com, which includes 9 more practice exams. The member will be selected from those sdn members that check out the FREE practice exam we have on our site and post a comment here on this forum. Please use your sdn username on the website so we can verify your access.

See screenshots from the site below. Datqvault.com will give you instant feedback on your exam results and accurately compare your score to others who have taken the same test. Access includes over 10 exams.

Check the website out. After all, the first exam is FREE!

Thanks!

datqvault_graphs.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey Kahr,
Yes, that's benchmark test #1. We've noted down your name, so you'll be entered in the raffle ;)

You're very welcome. We've been around for a year plus, and have been improving the site, adding content, and spreading the word. (So please feel free to recommend datqvault to predents that you know, especially if you like the product!)

If you have feedback as well, that is very welcome and will be acted upon.

Best,
John-Paul / datQvault developer

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the $21.99 a one time fee that includes access to all of the questions and all of the practice tests? The word "subscribe" threw me off. Are the tests timed or do you have to manage the time for each section yourself?

I also had never heard of this resource but it looks interesting.

Is the $21.99 a one time fee that includes access to all of the questions and all of the practice tests? The word "subscribe" threw me off. Are the tests timed or do you have to manage the time for each section yourself?

So far it seems timed at 30 minutes per test, since it's only covering the biology portion of the sciences.

It's a one-time fee. You're right, the word subscribe isn't quite fitting, we'll change it to something more appropriate.
You may take as long as you want on each practice test; the 30 minute timer is there as a guide so that your pace is similar to the pace necessary to finish the D.A.T. natural science section on time. But if you don't finish our practice tests within 30 minutes nothing happens; you can still go on answering questions.

Thanks for your feedback, and if you have anything else that comes to mind please don't hesitate to mention it.

John-Paul / datQvault developer

how similar in difficulty are the questions on this site to the actual DAT?

Do you have statistics on the success rate of people that have used your website?

Wow I have to admit I was slightly skeptical at first, but after checking out the site and taking the free practice test I really am impressed with the material. I took the test before studying for the biology portion of the DAT (currently I'm studying for the chemistry sections), just to gauge were I'm at. With that being said the site was very beneficial in that sense, the site's analysis was very informative. The predicted score, the statistical breakdown, along with strength and weakness chart was very helpful. But the site is not limited strictly to gauging ones current standings, I found the in depth solutions along with the difficulty ratings to be very good for reviewing the material. Overall I give this site an A+++, thanks for bringing light to yet another great study aid for DAT prep, keep up the good work and I will defiantly be recommending this to friends.

PS: i like the sites name, good choice

how similar in difficulty are the questions on this site to the actual DAT?

Do you have statistics on the success rate of people that have used your website?

We designed the practice tests to have a variety of question difficulties, and also to cover different types of questions (recall, verbal application, and visual application questions). While we think the questions on the tests are of a similar difficulty to the actual DAT, we think the ability to compare yourself to all other test-takers on datqvault and see where you fall on the curve is the best way to judge your placement on the test. We also provide an estimated DAT score which is based on a direct translation from your % correct.

We don't have statistics like that unfortunately, but we would like to explore gathering statistics from our users, such as university of choice and DAT score. This would be for the purpose of sharing this information with our users, who could then gauge their chances of gaining entrance to their preferred university.

Thanks for your questions!

@duvaldentist Wow! Thanks so much for your feedback, and we're glad you liked what you saw. You also have access to more questions and explanations through the practice questions functionality, so feel free to explore that as well.

Your most certainly welcome, and thank you for supplying myself and the many other aspiring dental students with such a wonderful source of material… I will definitely be checking that out, keep up the good work ;)

Wow! impressive website. I will surely pass this information along to my friends. Im studying for the DAT now and this is the prefect time for me to stumble upon this. Thanks for the site!

Hey, I was just wondering how your biology questions compare to those of the other study materials (i.e., Kaplan, Topscore, Destroyer, etc.), and why have you chosen to focus on just the biology portion of the DAT? Cant wait to check out the site!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you plan on adding subscriptions to other subjects that are on the DAT in the near future?

Request to those who recently took the DATs: Can you take this free bio exam and let me (and other SDNers ofc lol) know how it compares to the real thing? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! :)

I just tried out the program and I have to say, I like the format of it!

Very informative site, I'll definitely take the practice exam!

I'm wondering--how is the comparison graph generated? Is it just from other people who have taken the same exam on the site or is it from data that you have gotten from elsewhere?
I'm just wondering whether this is an "accurate" comparison, I guess.

I just tried out a few of the questions avaliable on the website, and I did catch one mistake on a question. You asked for the fluid located between the lens and the cornea, which is aqueous humor, yet on the explanation you also have vitreous humor as the answer also?

Very informative site, I'll definitely take the practice exam!

I'm wondering--how is the comparison graph generated? Is it just from other people who have taken the same exam on the site or is it from data that you have gotten from elsewhere?
I'm just wondering whether this is an "accurate" comparison, I guess.
The comparison graph is generated purely from people on the site and their actual practice test scores. Also, to make sure that data from peoples' second try at the exam (the scores are usually inflated) doesn't skew the graph, we only include results from peoples' first try at the exam. (However, on the second try, you will also see peoples' second try, and so on for however many times you try the practice test.) This keeps the comparisons as useful as possible.

I just tried out a few of the questions avaliable on the website, and I did catch one mistake on a question. You asked for the fluid located between the lens and the cornea, which is aqueous humor, yet on the explanation you also have vitreous humor as the answer also?
Thanks for catching the mistake, we'll take care of this before the weekend starts, and anything else we find.

Thanks, John-Paul / datQvault developer

I just tried out the program and I have to say, I like the format of it!
Hey tnylight,
First of all, cool username. Also, we're very glad you like the format! We're always open for suggestions to improvement as well, and if we like them they get implemented.

We do plan on adding more content for the other subjects, although that effort has only started recently. We really look forward to having that available for people, but expect it to take some time as we are very focused on question quality.

Thanks again for your questions!
- John-Paul / datQvault developer

Wow! impressive website. I will surely pass this information along to my friends. Im studying for the DAT now and this is the prefect time for me to stumble upon this. Thanks for the site!
Thanks! Yes, please do pass along the word to your friends. We're very glad you are enjoying the website, and hope it comes in useful for a successful D.A.T. :)

I'm so glad I found this website because I'm taking DAT soon. Thanks for the amazing website! Does it only have biology or are there other subjects as well? I'm desperately looking for reading comprehension practice tests. :oops:

This website does look very promising. I believe having practice questions, esepecially available online and for just one section of the DAT will help students keep their material organized and study more effectively.

Wow! The questions on the tests are really good. Why am I finding about this website sooo late!!!

How do these questions compare with the difficulty of real DAT questions?

Also, I agree that a reading comprehension test section would be extremely helpful for us. It would definitely be something I would pay for to be able to practice for the DAT. I think a lot of other people would be willing to pay too.

I REALLY like this site. Not only is the content good but like tnylight said, so is the format. And thank you for the exhibits. I had planned on making tables like these for plant and animal phyla/taxonomy but now I dont have to :)

The only minor suggestion I have is to include the length of time spent on each question if possible. Sometimes its nice to know (although time doesnt seem to be as big a factor in the bio section as compared to the others). Though of course the best thing you could do is to add more sections of the DAT to your site and thats something I'll be looking forward to. Any chance of this happening in the next month or so? :xf: (Based on what you said ealier I know its a longshot but I thought it couldnt hurt to ask)

Thanks again for the great feedback everyone!

@Sally0627 Better late than never ;) A lot of care went into preparing the questions, and we're really glad they are helping you! Best of luck on the exam. =)

@GTOwned Although we've had experience with the D.A.T. in particular, after authoring the questions we asked the same question; we wanted the questions to be as similar as possible to the actual test. The average score on our tests is 25/40, which translates to a ~17 DAT score. This is about the same as the average for the actual test (the average for accepted students being ~19). It's not a thorough analysis but it does give us the idea that our tests are not too easy, and not too hard. And as mentioned in a previous post, we focused on including a diverse set of questions in each test, including as many subsections as possible and varying difficulty.

@GTOwned and ecft07 and MrFantastik:
Firstly, thanks for expressing interest! It's great to get the confirmation that it's a sweet product and that more sections would be welcome. We are planning on adding more sections as soon as possible, but it does take time! We wanted to judge the response and how much people liked the product with just Biology. The response has been good so it is in our sights to author additional questions for other parts of the DAT.

Hope that answers your questions. Will we have content in the next month? That would be very optimistic ;) I'd expect more content by the end of the summer. But hopefully you get excellent scores this Spring so that you won't need to use our content by that time. =)

Best,

so, I did end up purchasing the entire set of tests. There are a few mistakes on some of the questions but nothing major. Hopefully you guys will fix them asap. Other than that, all the questions are great!

Hello Sally0627, thanks for your purchase and we wish you the best for the exam. Glad you like the questions ;)

We just fixed 13 questions which had a typo, or which had the correct answer switched with an incorrect one. With that there should only be a few (2-ish) questions left with potential problems and we are looking at those as well. (All thanks to users leaving feedback on individual questions through the site.) Sorry these weren't fixed sooner.

Best,

I've also never heard of this site before but it looks pretty good! I might have to add it to my test-prep quiver - a free subscription would be fantastic!

Thanks for your work, does the vault only include Bio questions?

Thanks for your work, does the vault only include Bio questions?
Hello colorific,
Yes, currently datqvault only includes Biology questions. We are actively looking into expanding into several new sections within the next few months, and certainly by mid-summer there will be plenty of additional content. Hope that helps!

Best,

Wow, I am so glad I stumbled across this site. I took the practice test, and I'm very impressed. I think it would be a great idea to expand it to include Ochem and Gchem. I see you are taking question proposals, so I am glad to see that is in the works. Great job! When is the drawing for the raffle?

this looks like an awesome site.
I just took the benchmark test and i scored a 19, which is what i actually got on my Real DAT Bio section last summer. hopefully if i continue to study I can bring that score up!!
great site.

Hello, I already paid for 200 dollars for all the tests on dat qvault to have the 90 day subscription. It's going to expire at May 21st 2013
Due to family emergency, I have not been able to complete all the tests. My dat is scheduled on June 26. I was hoping that if you guys can given me free extension until then? thank you very much

Hi,
I can't open the Dat Qvault page....It says that the safari can;t find the server.......

Status
Not open for further replies.