Dating in pharmacy school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There you go. You found your problems. If you want an extremely good looking woman you have to have money. You have to be successful. Donald Trump anyone?

You have to work on yourself first. Make yourself successful, make yourself stand OUT. You are in pharmacy school right? Well, work hard do well. Prove that you are a good leader and get a good job (Try to get Its Z's job if you can that will help attract women ;))

I tell this to my guy friends all the time. You want a hot girlfriend. Work on yourself first. Make yourself successful and the women will start coming to YOU. I can promise you this.

If your family don't have money that's okay. As long as YOU have a good career and make big bucks you will never have to worry about not finding a hot woman. That's a guarantee. Work on yourself first. Good luck. :)

Lastly, don't ever be desperate or worst let women know you are desperate. Posting a thread like this shows that you are desperate! That's a major turn OFF. Putting yourself on a dating website that's also desperate. Adversting yourself hardcore to try to get dates is extremely desperate. Telling a woman she is hot is very desperate. DO NOT do anything desperate. The more confident you are and the less you care if you have a girlfriend or not the more attractive you will be. Don't ever do anything desperate.

I hate video games. I only played Mario a few times b/c I thought Yoshi was really cute. lol

Does it matter which school you currently go? Will a girl go "oh, you went to x school, but I know this guy who went to Y school." that sort?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it matter which school you currently go? Will a girl go "oh, you went to x school, but I know this guy who went to Y school." that sort?

Having a degree from a very well known college does help. My first boyfriend has an MBA from Harvard. Yeah, that helps but it isn't required.

If you are successful, confident, and make good money that's whats most important. If you are successful, confident and make good money, it doesn't matter what school you went to HOT women will be after you I promise. Once you have those qualities YOU will be doing the choosing and not the other way around.

Having a degree from a very well known college does help. My first boyfriend has an MBA from Harvard. Yeah, that helps but it isn't required.

If you are successful, confident, and make good money that's whats most important. If you are successful, confident and make good money, it doesn't matter what school you went to HOT women will be after you I promise. Once you have those qualities YOU will be doing the choosing and not the other way around.

Why, thanks hot Asian colleague. You really brighten my day :love:

I'd hit on you, but you seem too well off for someone like me.

Members don't see this ad :)
There you go. You found your problems. If you want an extremely good looking woman you have to have money. You have to be successful. Donald Trump anyone?

You have to work on yourself first. Make yourself successful, make yourself stand OUT. You are in pharmacy school right? Well, work hard do well. Prove that you are a good leader and get a good job (Try to get Its Z's job if you can that will help attract women ;))

I tell this to my guy friends all the time. You want a hot girlfriend. Work on yourself first. Make yourself successful and the women will start coming to YOU. I can promise you this.

If your family don't have money that's okay. As long as YOU have a good career and make big bucks you will never have to worry about not finding a hot woman. That's a guarantee. Work on yourself first. Good luck. :)

Lastly, don't ever be desperate or worst let women know you are desperate. Posting a thread like this shows that you are desperate! That's a major turn OFF. Putting yourself on a dating website that's also desperate. Adversting yourself hardcore to try to get dates is extremely desperate. Telling a woman she is hot is very desperate. DO NOT do anything desperate. The more confident you are and the less you care if you have a girlfriend or not the more attractive you will be. Don't ever do anything desperate.

I hate video games. I only played Mario a few times b/c I thought Yoshi was really cute. lol

I find most of this to be true except many of the hot women I ever knew not only wanted to be told they are hot, but it was a requirement. Daily.:rolleyes: I don't think they view it as desperate unless you continue to do if after they already rejected you, but sometimes not even then.
I also don't think there is anything wrong with online dating sites. They are perfectly fine for the busy professional who doesn't have much time to meet people the traditional routes. How else do you expect us to bring in all that income for you unless we are too busy working nonstop?

Wow I didnt think i would find myself quoting SHC, but she is probably right on the money in this case.

A few other tips to the OP.. think a little bit about what you are looking for. A smart, highly attractive woman who loves to have fun and is a little adventurous. This type of person is likely NOT going to be in pharmacy school. Hot women who are smart , probably are smart enough to realize pretty quickly that they have tons of avenues to succeed in life. Personally, I am interested in the creative and imaginative type of woman. A chick who is smart , good looking, and creative, is wayy more than likely NOT going to pick an 8 year professional, science based program.

STOP LOOKING IN PHARM SCHOOL. Also drop your requirement for a mate to be a high earner. You already will be making top 5% , theres no reason to look for that in a potential partner unless you are super greedy.

Get involved in things off campus. Bolster your confidence and credibility. I met my fiance through starting a small business (in my field of interest, as a hobby during school). Turned out we were both interested in the same things, so we partnered up professionally and ended up doing the same personally a year later.

Find something you can do that is unique and will increase your level of power/financial/business/professional strength. Like SHC said, once you have some success personally, other people will see that and be drawn to you, and then you'll be in a position to pick and choose, which you are NOT at the moment. Introversion and analytical ability will help you in pharmacy school but these arent exactly traits that people love. Develop yourself!

Why, thanks hot Asian colleague. You really brighten my day :love:

I'd hit on you, but you seem too well off for someone like me.

Haha..You're funny. I don't play video games so we won't work.

Seriously work on yourself. Get some CONFIDENCE, become a successful leader and make tons of money. You WILL get MANY hot women after you faster than you can blink. :thumbup: Good luck. :)

I find most of this to be true except many of the hot women I ever knew not only wanted to be told they are hot, but it was a requirement. Daily.:rolleyes: I don't think they view it as desperate unless you continue to do if after they already rejected you, but sometimes not even then.
I also don't think there is anything wrong with online dating sites. They are perfectly fine for the busy professional who doesn't have much time to meet people the traditional routes. How else do you expect us to bring in all that income for you unless we are too busy working nonstop?

From what you guys said, success is important. My personal view of success has to do with me completing my educational goal. So, my goal includes doing a 2 year residency and work as a clinician. By time I achieve my goal, I will be in my late 20s. By then I'm afraid all the women available will be old... Not to say that I don't like old women, trust me, many are very attractive. But I have to consider family planning. We all know that a child's chances of congenital disorder increases as a woman increase.

Online sites are up for debate. Personally, I don't prefer it but fine others do. I think meeting the NATURAL way is the best.

Of course being complimented is nice! What I am saying is that in order for you to be a chick magnet you can't come off as desperate. Telling your wife or long-term serious girlfriend she is the most beautiful person to you is GREAT and should be done. What I am saying is when you first meet someone or when you are first dating etc. Please do not try too hard, telling someone a million times that they are hot BEFORE they are your girlfriend is VERY DESPERATE. In the begining you don't want to look like you are desperating trying to date someone. You don't want them to feel that you want them very badly or that you have to have a girlfriend or you will die.

The vibe you want to give off is "I am a very successful person and I have MANY options. Tons of women like me and therefore you are lucky to date me. I will NOT try very hard at all and I do NOT overcompensate at all b/c I don't have to. I have tons of options and I don't need to beg anyone for anything." Thats the vibe that you want to give off. And people that give off that vibe do NOT tell a women they are HOT until that women is their girlfriend. Even then they will say it maybe once in a blue moon so it will actually mean MORE when they do say it.

Guys I like most are always very confident and NEVER try super hard to impress me and they NEVER feel they have to over compensate for anything b/c they are confident. Men that are super successful really do not have to try very hard (aka suck up to women by telling them they are hot a million times a day) to get a girlfriend. YOU want to give off that vibe. You never want to give off that "I am very desperate. I'll take anyone. I'll do anything including kissing your ass if you will date me! I really need a girlfriend or I'll die vibe!" haha...

Reactions: 1 user
From what you guys said, success is important. My personal view of success has to do with me completing my educational goal. So, my goal includes doing a 2 year residency and work as a clinician. By time I achieve my goal, I will be in my late 20s. By then I'm afraid all the women available will be old... Not to say that I don't like old women, trust me, many are very attractive. But I have to consider family planning. We all know that a child's chances of congenital disorder increases as a woman increase.

Most successful men look for a wife when they are in their 30s and when they are successful they can have anyone and they usually choose women in their 20s.

Wow I didnt think i would find myself quoting SHC, but she is probably right on the money in this case.

A few other tips to the OP.. think a little bit about what you are looking for. A smart, highly attractive woman who loves to have fun and is a little adventurous. This type of person is likely NOT going to be in pharmacy school. Hot women who are smart , probably are smart enough to realize pretty quickly that they have tons of avenues to succeed in life. Personally, I am interested in the creative and imaginative type of woman. A chick who is smart , good looking, and creative, is wayy more than likely NOT going to pick an 8 year professional, science based program.

STOP LOOKING IN PHARM SCHOOL. Also drop your requirement for a mate to be a high earner. You already will be making top 5% , theres no reason to look for that in a potential partner unless you are super greedy.

Get involved in things off campus. Bolster your confidence and credibility. I met my fiance through starting a small business (in my field of interest, as a hobby during school). Turned out we were both interested in the same things, so we partnered up professionally and ended up doing the same personally a year later.

Find something you can do that is unique and will increase your level of power/financial/business/professional strength. Like SHC said, once you have some success personally, other people will see that and be drawn to you, and then you'll be in a position to pick and choose, which you are NOT at the moment. Introversion and analytical ability will help you in pharmacy school but these arent exactly traits that people love. Develop yourself!

Cool we agree.

A few things though. If a girl is smart she will make good money. Most smart people aren't broke. If she is broke then she most likely ain't that smart.

Yeah, it could have been smarter to just marry rich and not worry about going into a 8 year program. That I totally agree with. It was my parents idea that I apply to pharmacy school...def NOT my own.

Pharmacist top 5% earner? Nah, I don't think it's that high. MDs that specialize most likely make in the top 5% but pharmacist? I would guess top 20% at best. Which still isn't very bad.

Online sites are up for debate. Personally, I don't prefer it but fine others do. I think meeting the NATURAL way is the best.

Of course being complimented is nice! What I am saying is that in order for you to be a chick magnet you can't come off as desperate. Telling your wife or long-term serious girlfriend she is the most beautiful person to you is GREAT and should be done. What I am saying is when you first meet someone or when you are first dating etc. Please do not try too hard, telling someone a million times that they are hot BEFORE they are your girlfriend is VERY DESPERATE. In the begining you don't want to look like you are desperating trying to date someone. You don't want them to feel that you want them very badly or that you have to have a girlfriend or you will die.

The vibe you want to give off is "I am a very successful person and I have MANY options. Tons of women like me and therefore you are lucky to date me. I will NOT try very hard at all and I do NOT overcompensate at all b/c I don't have to. I have tons of options and I don't need to beg anyone for anything." Thats the vibe that you want to give off. And people that give off that vibe do NOT tell a women they are HOT until that women is their girlfriend. Even then they will say it maybe once in a blue moon so it will actually mean MORE when they do say it.

Guys I like most are always very confident and NEVER try super hard to impress me and they NEVER feel they have to over compensate for anything b/c they are confident. Men that are super successful really do not have to try very hard (aka suck up to women by telling them they are hot a million times a day) to get a girlfriend. YOU want to give off that vibe. You never want to give off that "I am very desperate. I'll take anyone. I'll do anything including kissing your ass if you will date me! I really need a girlfriend or I'll die vibe!" haha...

This. There are exceptions to every rule but most girls feel this way. There's no bigger turn-off than a clingy, desperate guy. Like once I met this guy downtown, he was sooo good looking. Turned out he was super clingy and desperate. Didn't matter that he was very good looking, his desperate nature completely killed it for me. Point being, looks matter, but only to an extent. Having that confidence can compensate for subpar looks, but good looks can't compensate for no confidence.

Regretfully, this is true.

I had a hard time finding a girlfriend in undergrad/early pharmacy school. And then all of a sudden, I'm about to graduate, people where I hang out know that, and all of sudden girls wanna talk to you. Get your hand out of my pocket!

Members don't see this ad :)
You can date 10 years younger than you no problem... although I'd say 20 year old vs 30 year old woman has a big difference in maturity level, like apple and orange, most below 25 yo does not even think about marriage and your relationship is probably bound to fail >_>;

But seriously you have to work on survival value (what women want in men):
1. Perceived quality of you – every quality they look in a man must meet core needs what they must fulfill. Attracting woman is like going to the bank for a loan: the more likely you need it, the less likely you are going to get it. And, "You have to be cooler than her" - if you get this sentence, all your problems are solved
a. Leadership – dominance: standing up for yourself, high status, making decision, taking initiatives, aspiring people to listen to you, inspiring people by making them feeling respected, being social leader, busy and popular, having presence everywhere you go
b. Excellence - in every way you do; people that are successful in life, they are successful across the board! Don't do things half ass
c. Confidence – man who has confidence, helps women deal with their own anxiety; women worry about their social currency (physical attractiveness), their safety, their social being. IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT AND STRONG, she can never be vulnerable with you! You want her to think "I can be a woman around you."
d. Authenticity – not trying to please people all the time, being interested in her as a real person (connected), let your guard down (so she can let her guard down also)
e. Fun, humor, originality – makes her disinhibited; you want her dirty, this is your key!
f. Abundance of life, friends, wealth, happiness, women around you. No scarcity mentality. No pessimistic attitude. No approval seeking "Why don't you like me? Please give me a chance. I will do whatever for you" No, No, and NO. Got turn down, next, you have tons of options!
2. The way you make them feel – Women are addicted to the way you make them feel, they fall in love with the emotion then they will try to rationalize why you are right for her later
3. Your life styles - nuff said

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question:

Those who gave me advice...are any of you in a healthy relationship?

Basically, I'm looking for a hot asian pharmacy/medical student who is on her way to making big bucks. She cannot be strongly political (anti-this, pro-that), religious is fine, but not too religious. Her parents must like me, and cannot be strict as to prohibit her spending time with me. She has to be witty and smart, and must be able to make me laugh. She has to love playing video games, and once in a while make a comment on how sexy/hot I am. She has to be liberal enough to get down and dirty with me, but be conservative enough to not cheat on me.

You forgot to add that she must have her own pick-up truck, own boat and hunting rifle, if they don't have that forget it.

Yea I'll try that. I'm guessing chicks dig pharmacy dudes.

I would say IMHO yes, saying you were a pharmacist did loosen the knicker elastic just like MD, attorney and pilot do. But I have noticed a change recently and a lot of people just say that it looks like a boring and stressful job :(

Dating the hot Asian is fun until it's not (or insert any hot girl for that matter). Generally, the hotter they are, the less personality they have and more maintenance they need. In the end you'll feel like you took on a psych project rather than a companion. Id focus my list on core values. Find someone that is kind hearted and has strong family ties. That's the sort of person you can spend a long time with.

Quick question:

Those who gave me advice...are any of you in a healthy relationship?

Joe is right.

I have dated a few guys but never really in any super serious relationships b/c my relationships usually don't last very long. I am pretty high maintenance and men also don't like taking on psych projects. :oops:

SHC should try misstravel.com to get some sugardaddy LOL

SHC should try misstravel.com to get some sugardaddy LOL

LOL...with the job market the way it is I might have to. I graduate in 2013. If I can't find a job in 3 months I'll put myself on there. LOL...

LOL...with the job market the way it is I might have to. I graduate in 2013. If I can't find a job in 3 months I'll put myself on there. LOL...

By then I may change my persona to suit to your liking. Let me know in 2013. :cool:

Haha..You're funny. I don't play video games so we won't work.

Seriously work on yourself. Get some CONFIDENCE, become a successful leader and make tons of money. You WILL get MANY hot women after you faster than you can blink. :thumbup: Good luck. :)

I did all those and I don't even like video games but no hot women ever hit on me.
.and I don't stink.or anything
:smuggrin:

I did all those and I don't even like video games but no hot women ever hit on me.
.and I don't stink.or anything
:smuggrin:

Hmmm....maybe you studied too much and didn't go out enough?

Well right now if you want you can go on sugardaddy.com and put yourself up as a sugardaddy. Make sure to put your income and networth on there. I can guarantee you hot women will be after you in 2 seconds. :D

Well right now if you want you can go on sugardaddy.com and put yourself up as a sugardaddy. Make sure to put your income and networth on there. I can guarantee you hot women will be after you in 2 seconds. :D

Awesome. Im on it!

Awesome. Im on it!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The site offers tons of options. There is an option that allows you to list yourself as married, but looking so you don't have to worry about what to list yourself as! ;)

The site offers tons of options. There is an option that allows you to list yourself as married, but looking so you don't have to worry about what to list yourself as! ;)

Nah...just kidding.

Unfortunately, I seem to attract mostly flawed women with bad relationship histories, or daddy issues, or both.
1725063-barney_having_dinner_with_robin_barney_stinson_2635351_546_513_super.jpg

Problem with these kind of websites is, let me quote, woot.com...
"Ladies, if a guy has acquired the wealth and yet has no social skill to convince some attractive woman, he's at best socially repugnant and at worst the guy from American Psycho. Men, if a woman is willing to accompany you in exchange for money, she's already proven she has no problem using you to achieve her goal and will have no problem finagling her way out of any "totally not required but kind of obligatory" sex you're imagining you'll be owed. It's a lose lose lose. The third "lose" is for the piece of your soul you never get back."

Problem with these kind of websites is, let me quote, woot.com...
"Ladies, if a guy has acquired the wealth and yet has no social skill to convince some attractive woman, he's at best socially repugnant and at worst the guy from American Psycho. Men, if a woman is willing to accompany you in exchange for money, she's already proven she has no problem using you to achieve her goal and will have no problem finagling her way out of any "totally not required but kind of obligatory" sex you're imagining you'll be owed. It's a lose lose lose. The third "lose" is for the piece of your soul you never get back."

You are right. In all seriousness, and I already mention this earlier...if you are not desperate you will NOT use a dating website.

You should be meeting people in normal everyday setting.

floydfloyd said:
What? no weight specifications? or preferred first names?
Well I do like her normal weight, but without the beer belly. Also, she MUST have a hourglass figure. First name must be classy, preferably French-classy.

This exchange really demonstrates the need for a sarcasm emoticon.

What exactly are "daddy issues"? I guess I don't have them, as I love my daddy.

What exactly are "daddy issues"? I guess I don't have them, as I love my daddy.

Daddy ignores the girl. So the girl, starving for attentions go out looking for them by hooking up with dudes. Later on, when the dudes ignore her, she starts looking for options to make her look pretty. In a nutshell this is what daddy issues are.

I wonder if there are men with daddy issues. :p

Daddy ignores the girl. So the girl, starving for attentions go out looking for them by hooking up with dudes. Later on, when the dudes ignore her,she starts looking for options to make her look pretty. In a nutshell this is what daddy issues are.

I wonder if there are men with daddy issues. :p

Like what?

I knew a guy with daddy issues once, he was a train wreck. He got fired not to long ago for sexual harassment on multiple employees.

Got a story:

Ask a female colleague out on a Friday date once. She was delighted. Then on Friday she said she only dates men of certainethnic reference.

Got a story:

Ask a female colleague out on a Friday date once. She was delighted. Then on Friday she said she only dates men of certainethnic reference.
On Friday before or after the date? Also, if they're a colleague it doesn't have to be a "date" at first. Could just be dinner or drinks. But be careful to avoid the FriendZone!

On Friday before or after the date? Also, if they're a colleague it doesn't have to be a "date" at first. Could just be dinner or drinks. But be careful to avoid the FriendZone!

Friend zone is just an excuse men and women used to soften the blow of rejection to the opposite sex. Frankly, I think women and men should not be friends. There's always a motive when you're friend with the opposite sex.

You seem to know your way around this site ;) I'm teasing. All joking aside, I have friends that have found luck on respectable dating websites like eharmony, match.com
As far as sugardaddy.com or misstravel.com are concerned, I would put those in a different category. I agree with you that the websites operating for physical exchanges only are for the desperate.

All that gender role crap is a lot of work. I love my guy friends and I love my girlfriends. I tend to get along with men and confident women best. I'm glad I don't have to find my way around all those "norms". So exhausting! Can't you just be yourself and still be friends with the opposite sex? I often wonder what that's all about. Why IS there so much tension between heterosexual men and women? Can someone please advise. Cannot compute. Is it really just the sex thing because, if it is, that's so sad.

Can't you just be yourself and still be friends with the opposite sex?

I often can be JUST friends with the opposite sex if we both are NOT attracted to each other.

Attraction is NOT a choice

Most of the time, if one is attracted to another, then the friendship is shot because the other party wants something more, or tries to manipulate another into liking him/her. The female/male at this point likes being around someone who likes him/her, knowing full well the other party is just a validation point for him/herself, and nothing more will EVER happens... the other party feels like ****, so it's a lose-win, which I will not get my self into

It's easier for a woman to be friends with a guy than a guy to be friends with a woman. The guy usually wants something more and only befriends the girl as some kind of relationship with her is better than none at all.

After reading this thread I feel very well versed in relationship dynamics.