dating in pharm school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Then you have bad taste or just low standards.

Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of the guys at work encourage me to continue dating the girl I'm with because I'd never have to worry about money.. It just so happens she's the boss/owner's daughter:smuggrin:

It is not about making it on your own. It is about not having to worry about the other person and living life like you deserve. Something you can't do with your girly broke bf.

That's obviously the best PharmDstudent can do....leave her alone.

She still got a shot. That dentist she mentioned may come back for his acyclovir soon.

It is not about making it on your own. It is about not having to worry about the other person and living life like you deserve. Something you can't do with your girly broke bf.
Who is opening his own electrical company in post-Katrina New Orleans in a couple of weeks. Does $50-100/hour for his labor sound better to you?

You remind me of the fat cat pharmacist who took half of my co-worker's specialty birthday cake home with him today, because he doesn't know when enough's enough. :rolleyes:

It isn't always about the money... or the prestige... or god only knows what else you'll bring up...

Who is opening his own electrical company in post-Katrina New Orleans in a couple of weeks. Does $50-100/hour for his labor sound better to you?

It isn't always about the money... or the prestige... or god only knows what else you'll bring up...

So it is not about money and prestige but you sure know when to pull those cards out. Oh wait, doing electrical work is not so....

So it is not about money and prestige but you sure know when to pull those cards out. Oh wait, doing electrical work is not so....
No. It's not like that. You have to wait a while before you can become a master electrician, which usually means living in poverty. He's been doing an apprenticeship, which is sort of like an internship, this entire time. Although, the debt hasn't pilled up like it does in a graduate program.

He isn't waiting for someone to die in order to get rich like another person I know...

Members don't see this ad :)
You didn't let me finish. Doing electrical work is not so boring!

good lord. way to make things personal you two!

You didn't let me finish. Doing electrical work is not so boring!
As what? Pharmacy? Prestige? Money? You lost me on that one.

This is how I see it. I want to live how I want to live and not under someone else's thumb. I'll live out in the middle of nowhere to avoid a whinny neighbor who wants to nit-pick every detail about my home's exterior and knocks on my door when my grass needs to be cut. I don't care about who makes the most or what the hell I drive.

Money equals status. Status is meaningless unless it involves personal growth and achievement.

I want to live how I want to live and not under someone else's thumb.

You don't want to live under his thumb but you sure want him to live under yours. You must have one big thumb.

You don't want to live under his thumb but you sure want him to live under yours. You must have one big thumb.
He doesn't care about that kind of stuff. I wish I could explain it, but beta is the best that I've got.

You reap what you sow, right?

He doesn't care about that kind of stuff. I wish I could explain it, but beta is the best that I've got.

Maybe he does but he's too afraid to speak up. That is if you let him speak at all. I guess some guys like to wear the panties in the family.

My eye is hurting. Allergy perhaps. I've gotta go...

Maybe he does but he's too afraid to speak up. That is if you let him speak at all. I guess some guys like to wear the panties in the family.
He isn't that innocent. Shy, but not innocent.

Panties are optional for women in my family. For Example: At my uncle's wedding reception, my aunt said that you can't tell a (my family's last name here) woman what to do. I think she's right.

In my class, one guy had a divorce and a religion change... all in the name of pharmacy "love". :rolleyes:

lol I am picturing you using your middle finger to scratch your eye
:laugh: Nah. You have to beat BMBiology over the head sometimes for him to see a different perspective. That's all. ;)

For whatever reason, my eyes are still itching. I hope it goes away before I have to go to work. Fexofenadine, I'm on my way.

I started dating a girl p2 year but we didnt break up til we were off on rotations. Still it kinda sucked having her tell my classmates every single detail about our relationship after that.

In my class, one guy had a divorce and a religion change... all in the name of pharmacy "love". :rolleyes:

I can kinda understand. I go to school with some hot young guys. If I weren't married.....:D

I go to school with some hot young guys. If I weren't married.....:D

What a small world! We must go to the same school. Married women are fine with me as long as their husbands aren't Mike Tyson or Kimbo Slice.

What a small world! We must go to the same school. Married women are fine with me as long as their husbands aren't Mike Tyson or Kimbo Slice.

For shame, mmafan, tsk...tsk...tsk. ;) We can't possibly go to the same school because all the hot guys at my school are "good boys." :D

My preceptor at my last rotation gave me a piece of advice: "If you want to do good in pharmacy school, date the smartest girl in the class." I took his advice... I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

My preceptor at my last rotation gave me a piece of advice: "If you want to do good in pharmacy school, date the smartest girl in the class." I took his advice... I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

I live with the smartest girl in the class; does that count?

how is dating in pharmacy school? sorry to revive a dead thread. Im entering into p3. I will be 23 and single. Are most of the females taken? I am attractive. I heard a lot of females complaining about the lack of attractive males in the program o.o.

how is dating in pharmacy school? sorry to revive a dead thread. Im entering into p3. I will be 23 and single. Are most of the females taken? I am attractive. I heard a lot of females complaining about the lack of attractive males in the program o.o.

You mean 3rd year in a 6-year school? That still makes you a P1.

HAVING SAID THAT, my wife was once my tech.....bad juju...the only reason
I even considered it was because I was LEAVING!!!!! ;)

Call me silly, call me extreme, I wouldn't even socialize in the town where I worked. GENERAL RULE OF THUMB; don't play in your own backyard if you
value your privacy or your paycheck.

Leaving the job, or leaving the marriage?

From my experience, if it doesnt work out,its very awkward to see them in every class. Besides, nursing girls look way hotter than pharmacy n med students :p

most pharmacy students are stuck up, overly focused on money or prestige, value achievement way more than they should, and or have very little idea of how to enjoy life due to spending so much time studying.

that about sums it up.

If I was looking for a partner I would not go looking for people in professional school

exceptions do exist, obviously.

edit. maybe it's just because im from the midwest and my school is filled with people from california

Last edited:
The biggest problem with dating someone in your school is the "high school" effect. As soon as you guys break up, it's going to be all over the school, along with any dirty laundry you might have.

The nice part about dating someone in professional school, though? They can definitely relate to what you're going through and won't whine about you not watching TV with them on a Sunday night. :smuggrin:

maybe it's just because im from the midwest and my school is filled with people from california
That's most likely the problem. My mom always told me that midwestern boys were nicer. It's true. Everybody in my family marries midwesterners (and no, we're not from the midwest...just live here now because I married a midwesterner). :D

Guys in pharmacy school... if youre not dating classmates, at least sleep with them lolz. serious though...

most pharmacy students are stuck up, overly focused on money or prestige, value achievement way more than they should, and or have very little idea of how to enjoy life due to spending so much time studying.

that about sums it up.

If I was looking for a partner I would not go looking for people in professional school

exceptions do exist, obviously.

I agree. Some people seem nice and very social when they're in front of a crowd or talking to prospective students. Then when you talk to them alone, they're very different. Almost to the point of being a completely different person.

The biggest problem with dating someone in your school is the "high school" effect. As soon as you guys break up, it's going to be all over the school, along with any dirty laundry you might have.

The nice part about dating someone in professional school, though? They can definitely relate to what you're going through and won't whine about you not watching TV with them on a Sunday night. :smuggrin:

I've heard about stuff like this. Some people in school say that there are pharmacists who end up marrying someone they met from being in the same class and the same graduating year.

I'm still not sure if I want to be married to a pharmacist.

I've heard about stuff like this. Some people in school say that there are pharmacists who end up marrying someone they met from being in the same class and the same graduating year.

That will be me! There were 2 couples in my graduating class (that survived pharmacy school), the others are also engaged. Both couples met freshman year of a 2+4 program. There were other couples and plenty of other hookups. There was a lot of drama when things went bad. It isn't something I would recommend. The "high school" issues were definitely there for couples with fights and breakups. We also spent way too much time together in classes and had a lot of the same friends, so it was difficult any time there was a fight. It was nice to have someone understand what I was going through with studying and have free time at the same time. It worked out too, but I just wouldn't recommend it to others just starting school!

The drama was there for couples/hookups between classes too. Our school was pretty close so people definitely knew if things were happening (students in the same class, different classes, graduates, and teachers!)

I don't want to get off topic but TWO pharmacists? If you were dating and married a classmate HOW ON EARTH r you both going to be able to land a job in the SAME city upon graduation? That is my question. It is already impossible to find ONE job position. HOW r you both going to find TWO job positions that will hired you both in the same city? HOW?

Just a thought...I think if you r dating your classmate you will end up breaking up after graduation b/c you will have to move around to *maybe* find a job.

I don't want to get off topic but TWO pharmacists? If you were dating and married a classmate HOW ON EARTH r you both going to be able to land a job in the SAME city upon graduation? That is my question. It is already impossible to find ONE job position. HOW r you both going to find TWO job positions that will hired you both in the same city? HOW?

Just a thought...I think if you r dating your classmate you will end up breaking up after graduation b/c you will have to move around to *maybe* find a job.

It's official... SDN can turn every topic into a saturation thread.