Dating as a resident?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

med_stud_07

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's the dating scene like for single residents? My assumption is that it'll only be nurses and other residents, since I'll be in the hospital quite frequently.

Members don't see this ad.

Depending on where you go and what specialty there will be lots of hot single (and not single) people in the hospital. Don't forget there are RTs, OT, PT, Social workers, etc in addition to nurses. However, I had a sage senior resident advise me once not to "dip your wick in the company ink" and I think that is pretty sound advice in most instances. Not to be too pessimistic, but people have all kinds of agendas in this world today and as a doc you are no longer just joe schmoe. Of course, if you go into Ortho the opposite seems to be true -- you have to shag as many as possible during your 5 years.

In my experience, residents that are not attached when they start tend to date/marry other residents. More a testament to how much of your life you lose during residency than anything else.

That may be true for male residents, but what about female residents? There's not a lot of patient care support staff (nurses, PT, OT, RT, SW, etc.) that aren't female, at least in my experience.

Actually, I haven't come across very many single residents...seems like fourth year of med school is when everyone decides to tie the knot.

avendesora said:
. Not to be too pessimistic, but people have all kinds of agendas in this world today and as a doc you are no longer just joe schmoe.

Of course, if you go into Ortho the opposite seems to be true -- you have to shag as many as possible during your 5 years.

agendas today? could you explain that one?

Also, why ortho and all the dipping of the wick in the ink?

I'm Stoked For Med School Chicks

(humorous editorial from hippocritis.com

I ?m starting medical school this week and, dude, I'm totally stoked. My frat brothers have all been telling me that it's going to be all about biochemistry and neurons and muscles and I said ?You mean the main muscle bro, because I'm gonna be all up in the house with the ladies.? Then we lit up some stogies.

Being pre-med was awesome, but now that I'm the big dawg, the chicks are going be like ?wuuzup.? Just last night I was giving medical advice to six complete strangers including the bar tender, who said his sister had leukemia. I was telling him it's usually not that bad bro, and that I was thinking of being an Oncologist but that it blows because everybody is dying. The whole time this hottie across the bar was checking out my student ID badge that I ?accidentally forgot to take off after class.? Then we slammed Mojitos.

The sweetest babe action is going to be with the honies in the hospital though. Now that I'm a Medical Student the nurses will be all like, ?Who's the new white coat?? And I'll step up with ?Yo, check me out,? then they'll be all ?Wazuup baby baby?? And I'll say ?EKG this, Daaaayum.? And then we'll make out in the supply closet.

And when the all the chicas learn I was a Fiji , no contest bro, game over.

- Todd Stanton, MSI

Philo beddo, you have a very wrong impression of med school. LOL. Wow. Its funny.

That was a satiracal article from hippocritis.com making fun of people who do think that way.

There were several in my med-school class. I graduated in 2001.

Hippocritis.com is a medical humor site operated by residents for other residents and medical students.

Check it out.

Philo Beddo said:
That was a satiracal article from hippocritis.com making fun of people who do think that way.

Hippocritis.com is a medical humor site operated by residents for other residents and medical students.

Check it out.

Several what in the class???

Anyways, guy resident's tend to get more play in the medical field. Any of you single guy resident's have an experience with this?

Dermatologists Unveil Plan to Destroy Sun.

A national panel of dermatologists presented its recommendations at a press conference this week. The group concluded that the only certain way to irradicate the threat of skin cancer was to go ahead and destroy the sun with a 400 megaton nuclear device.
States Dr. Winklestein, who heads the panel, "Skin cancer is a national epidemic. We've been telling people for years to do things like: wear thick, scratchy clothes that cover their extremities at the beach, and to avoid going outdoors during daylight unless they are covered in water-soaked blankets. Finally we will be able to root out this cancer at its source!"
The group has nicknamed the ballistic missile "Pimple Popper One" and will apply a thick layer of Coppertone Sunblock SPF 45 to its surface prior to launch.

:laugh: hippocritis.com

Philo Beddo said:

Check it out.

OOPPss, i need to stop posting so late at night, cant read straight that late!! LOL