DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TNTina

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've recently completed my bachelor's degree majoring in biology but outside the US (in Iran) and I'm willing to study dentistry here in the US. Can I take DAT or do I have to wait for my credits to be transferred and evaluated?
Has anyone had the same situation?

Thank you in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone

I've recently completed my bachelor's degree majoring in biology but outside the US (in Iran) and I'm willing to study dentistry here in the US. Can I take DAT or do I have to wait for my credits to be transferred and evaluated?
Has anyone had the same situation?

Thank you in advance
I’m not certain, but I think you have to graduate from a US undergraduate institution for your credits to be accepted by a dental school. Otherwise you will have to have your degree analyzed by ECE (education credentials evaluators) to make sure your degree could be accepted.

I would first reach out to dental programs you’re interested in attending and ask them before paying and studying to take the DAT. There may only be a handful of schools that will accept credits from an accredited school outside the US/Canada versus if you graduated as an international student from a US/Canadian school. So make sure to do your research!

Here are some helpful links:

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not certain, but I think you have to graduate from a US undergraduate institution for your credits to be accepted by a dental school. Otherwise you will have to have your degree analyzed by ECE (education credentials evaluators) to make sure your degree could be accepted.

I would first reach out to dental programs you’re interested in attending and ask them before paying and studying to take the DAT. There may only be a handful of schools that will accept credits from an accredited school outside the US/Canada versus if you graduated as an international student from a US/Canadian school. So make sure to do your research!

Here are some helpful links:

Thank you so much for sharing this information with me. I appreciate it

Reactions: 1 user