DAT TEST DAY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gubster

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm wondering about any last minute DAT test day tips. It can be anything useful at all. (E.g. Using the optional tutorial time to set up hole punching is an awesome idea). I take my test this Friday (6/2/17) :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I'm wondering about any last minute DAT test day tips. It can be anything useful at all. (E.g. Using the optional tutorial time to set up hole punching is an awesome idea). I take my test this Friday (6/2/17) :)
I gonna take on Tuesday(5/30/17) , super nervous

Take mine on June 11, scared and ready to get this over with!! How many times did you guys go over destroyer and feralis notes?

I followed Ari's study guide pretty much exactly. Currently going through Destroyer and finishing all the questions I never got to. (Ari's guide only went through 80% of them). I'm just to the point now where I need to take this test and be done with it!

Study materials I used: Chad's GC, OC, AP Bio, Kaplan blue book (for bio), McGraw Hill book, DAT Bootcamp (where I spent most of my time).

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you eat a nutritious breakfast. You're going to likely hit test fatigue at some point, because of how long the DAT is. The better you eat the night before/morning of, the better off you will be. Just don't down a ton of water right beforehand lol. I highly recommend "ensure" shakes. They're expensive, but they're great for drinking during the break of computerized tests. I drank one of those and ate a granola bar on the break.

Also, don't over-caffeinate. I drink a lot of coffee in general, but trust me: adrenaline will keep you awake for the test. Just drink whatever you normally do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Make sure you eat a nutritious breakfast. You're going to likely hit test fatigue at some point, because of how long the DAT is. The better you eat the night before/morning of, the better off you will be. Just don't down a ton of water right beforehand lol. I highly recommend "ensure" shakes. They're expensive, but they're great for drinking during the break of computerized tests. I drank one of those and ate a granola bar on the break.

Also, don't over-caffeinate. I drink a lot of coffee in general, but trust me: adrenaline will keep you awake for the test. Just drink whatever you normally do.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/QU
Can you compare DAT with B.C?

I would strongly recommend not studying the day of or during your break (if it's even allowed). You've spent months leading up to the test date so there's no point in trying to cram in a few extra pieces of information when odds are it will just stress you out even more.

@Ali_mr64 I think it has been covered pretty extensively on this forum already. Imo, bootcamp is the most representative of the real DAT in terms of how questions are written. There is no way to accurately predict your scores. The '07 and '09 tests, bootcamp, etc. all vary from real test scores. It all comes down to how you perform on test day. You could do better or worse than you do on bootcamp. Sleep well, eat well, and try to relax the day beforehand! If you put in an honest effort and used the right study sources, you will get good results.

Reactions: 1 user
Took my test last week. This might be a dumb tip but I was near the end of QR and was out of space on my scrap paper so I used my fingers to just erase some of writing. I was told that the markers were not erasable by some peers but erased just fine

Took my test last week. This might be a dumb tip but I was near the end of QR and was out of space on my scrap paper so I used my fingers to just erase some of writing. I was told that the markers were not erasable by some peers but erased just fine

Thanks for the advice! How did the real thing relate to your study prep?

Members don't see this ad :)
I followed Ari's study guide pretty much exactly. Currently going through Destroyer and finishing all the questions I never got to. (Ari's guide only went through 80% of them). I'm just to the point now where I need to take this test and be done with it!

Study materials I used: Chad's GC, OC, AP Bio, Kaplan blue book (for bio), McGraw Hill book, DAT Bootcamp (where I spent most of my time).

Hi! I am about to start the 10-week schedule as well in a few days. Do you recommend Chad's videos or Mikes videos for OC? Also, how long did it take you to complete the studying per day? Like how many hours did you spend per day studying?

Thanks for the advice! How did the real thing relate to your study prep?
Bootcamp was pretty on par. Some of the 2009 test seemed a little outdated to me, mainly the QR. The QR on the real thing had like 8 or so quantitative reasoning questions. Most of them were much easier than the ones on BC. Best of luck to you

Hi! I am about to start the 10-week schedule as well in a few days. Do you recommend Chad's videos or Mikes videos for OC? Also, how long did it take you to complete the studying per day? Like how many hours did you spend per day studying?

Do Chad's videos for GC/OC. The studying seriously varied for me. I was able to knock it out pretty quickly but it really builds on itself towards the latter half of the schedule (when Destroyer is introduced). I would consistently review your notes through the whole process too. I feel like I took TONS of notes that I hardly reviewed afterwards!

Bootcamp was pretty on par. Some of the 2009 test seemed a little outdated to me, mainly the QR. The QR on the real thing had like 8 or so quantitative reasoning questions. Most of them were much easier than the ones on BC. Best of luck to you

Thank you! I found the RC tougher on 2009 DAT than Bootcamp. Thoughts??

I just took mine recently, I would say relax, sleep well and take care of your health day before going into exam. SNS wasn't too scary but QR changed recently. My breakdowns in my siggy if you need it! I used Chads videos and 2009 RC was ridiculous to me.

I'd check with the testing center people to make sure that they allow preparing for the PAT section during the optional tutorial. Mine did NOT allow me to write anything down during the tutorial.

Wear a hoodie over a t-shirt because the testing room can be over air-conditioned. I was freezing by the end of my DAT.

Avoid eating anything that's heavy. I had some oatmeal and an hard-boiled egg. Stay hydrate.

I'd check with the testing center people to make sure that they allow preparing for the PAT section during the optional tutorial. Mine did NOT allow me to write anything down during the tutorial.

Wear a hoodie over a t-shirt because the testing room can be over air-conditioned. I was freezing by the end of my DAT.

Avoid eating anything that's heavy. I had some oatmeal and an hard-boiled egg. Stay hydrate.

ohh thats rough. mine wasn't too strict on the tutorial so they were fine with it! then again, it is possible to pre-prepare for PAT in the last few minutes of SNS. finishing early for SNS is also doable imo. great scores btw!

So you wasted like a minute to draw 15 4x4 boxes for hole punching section?

ohh thats rough. mine wasn't too strict on the tutorial so they were fine with it! then again, it is possible to pre-prepare for PAT in the last few minutes of SNS. finishing early for SNS is also doable imo. great scores btw!
Thanks! Yeah, lucky that I finished the science section with about 14 minutes to spare, otherwise I would be screwed.