This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentspade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Taking my DAT for a second time in about 35 days. Was wondering your input on this study schedule.

Materials:
DAT Destroyer
Chad's Videos
Cliff's AP Bio
DAT Bootcamp

DAY 1 sample:
  • Read Cliff’s AP biology chapter 1 (Chemistry) and chapter 2 (Cells) as well as the corresponding Kaplan DAT Chapter 5 (Cell Biology)

• Rewrite/take notes
  • Watch Chad’s GC videos (in HD) 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.

• Watch Chad’s GC videos (in HD) 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3.

• Watch Chad’s QR videos (in HD) 1, 2, and 3

• Read scientific passage: Reading Comprehension | DAT Bootcamp

• PAT (15 problems per section, as needed as a break)

• DAT Destroyer

• Biology (30 questions)

• General Chemistry (30 questions)

• Organic Chemistry (30 questions)

• Quantitative Reasoning (15 questions)

Do you think this all might be too heavy for one day? Suggestions are welcome!

Also, I'm not very good in math, so I was wondering if I should replace Chad's QR videos with Khan Academy QR videos?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

it seems pretty heavy to me. in my last month i focused hard on destroyer (+review), cliffs, feralis, and practice exams (+review) and found that to be highly beneficial. most days i could only do 50 destroyer problems with careful review and 100 if lucky. i locked myself in a study room for 6-10 hours at a time too. then again i have a different study style (and maybe attention span) and i found it easier to just focus on tackling important high yield things the best i could one at a time (e.g. read all cliffs, do destroyer, etc). you can look at my breakdown if you want! it has more info and an excel sheet. also i didn't do much science reading at all and watched all of chad before i opened cliffs and destroyer.

Last edited:
I did the exact same thing minus Kaplan, about 33 days though. I take my test Wednesday. It is a lot and by the end you'll probably feel burnt out like I have this last week. I say go for it though, if you think you can handle it.

Chad's will just give you a foundation for QR. I went through Chad's and then did a few destroyer tests and BC tests and realized what I sucked at, then went and found extra videos on those topics.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Since this is your second time taking the exam. I assume you are familiar with most of the material. For biology, skim through cliff notes, and then start doing bio destroyer. 50 questions everyday. Every question you get wrong or not sure about, write it down in your own words. Then memorize! For ochem and Gen chem, do Chad, or go over the notes you made from last time, then start doing destroyer. 30+ questions per day. Make sure you understand every question you get wrong and make sure to study the questions you might think are too complicated to be on the DAT... been there, done it. They took the same question but changed the numbers. For PAT, 15 questions for each section everyday. Math... watch Chad and start doing bootcamp exams since they are updated (got GRE type of questions)... I believe. One month is enough time to score 23+. Best of luck.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I would suggest you make your plan at least 6 weeks and follow @8_man schedule.
Honestly, I tried to follow Ari's schedule which is nice but 8_man schedule is more manageable to me.
He got great scores in 7 weeks I think but you can try to make it 6 weeks if you can.

DAT Breakdown! [24AA, 23TS, 26PAT]

I hope you give yourself enough time to get the score you want this time.

Reactions: 1 users