DAT scores - think I'll get interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halpal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I just took my DAT and got my unofficial score report:

PAT 17
QR 20
RC 25
BIO 23
CHEM 21
ORG 18

TS 20
AA 21

Okay so I'm not too happy about my PAT or ORG but I honestly didn't practice PAT at all so that was my fault.

My nsGPA is 3.99 and my sGPA is 4.0.

I'm curious if my PAT & OCHEM scores along with the fact that I'm applying later than I should will hinder my ability to get interviews/acceptances. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Your GPAs are basically flawless! A 21 AA is solid. I think you'll be fine. PAT is one of the least important sections I think...

Reactions: 1 user
PAT is one of the least important sections I think...

Unless you are in Canada :(

Haha I think your scores are solid man , and you have an amazing gpa to go with it. I'm not an adcom member , but I think your solid bio and gen Chem scores will wipe any doubts that may arise from your ochem score (which isn't even a bad score )

Your GPAs are basically flawless! A 21 AA is solid. I think you'll be fine. PAT is one of the least important sections I think...

Thanks for your response! Yeah my friend just told me that she thinks the PAT is one of the least important sections. Hopefully that's the case!

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you are in Canada :(

Haha I think your scores are solid man , and you have an amazing gpa to go with it. I'm not an adcom member , but I think your solid bio and gen Chem scores will wipe any doubts that may arise from your ochem score (which isn't even a bad score )

Haha! I'm in Texas actually. Thanks, you guys are making me feel hopeful!

Don't be paranoid just because all the SDN people that post have like 25s... That's not reality. A 21 is like 93rd percentile which is awesome :)! I think you'll have no problems. I'd love to trade my stats for yours to be quite frank.

Don't be paranoid just because all the SDN people that post have like 25s... That's not reality. A 21 is like 93rd percentile which is awesome :)! I think you'll have no problems. I'd love to trade my stats for yours to be quite frank.

Yeah I saw all of those brainiacs! And thanks :) I'm sure your scores are just as good!

My scores are in my sig lol xD. I think they're decent but the little paranoid bugger in me wanted a 24+ LOL

I'm such a SDN noob it took me awhile to figure out where sig was and where to find your scores lol. Yeah we are PAT twins haha. I feel like I was doing better on my ochem practice tests so I'm kind of surprised I did so low on that section.

PAT is still important, but your other scores and GPA will surely help you out. You'll do well and I'm sure you'll have a few acceptances to choose from!

Last edited:
I'm such a SDN noob it took me awhile to figure out where sig was and where to find your scores lol. Yeah we are PAT twins haha. I feel like I was doing better on my ochem practice tests so I'm kind of surprised I did so low on that section.
You're PAT twins with my first exam xD. We're RC twins on the next one :). Hey it happens lol; I expected to do better in QR to be honest LMAO

You're PAT twins with my first exam xD. We're RC twins on the next one :). Hey it happens lol; I expected to do better in QR to be honest LMAO

You killed gen chem though! Do you know if the unofficial score report is accurate? Are my scores likely to change?

You killed gen chem though! Do you know if the unofficial score report is accurate? Are my scores likely to change?
Scores won't change unless there was some major disruption to the testing process like cheating/ a power outage. So there's a 99.99% chance you're good, congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)

PAT 17
QR 20
RC 25
BIO 23
CHEM 21
ORG 18

TS 20
AA 21

Okay so I'm not too happy about my PAT or ORG but I honestly didn't practice PAT at all so that was my fault.

I'm curious if my PAT & OCHEM scores along with the fact that I'm applying later than I should will hinder my ability to get interviews/acceptances. Thanks :)

Congratulations! Love that 4.o SGPA and so will the dental schools. Just curious, why the low Orgo score, did you run out of time? Your AA and TS scores will get in interviews especially with your GPA.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Congratulations! Love that 4.o SGPA and so will the dental schools. Just curious, why the low Orgo score, did you run out of time? Your AA and TS scores will get in interviews especially with your GPA.

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

I have no clue actually! I was doing better on my practice tests and felt okay. The test is all a blur to me now so I can't remember that section but yeah I was disappointed when I saw that! I do remember 1-2 problems where I kind of knew how to do it, but my study books didn't go over those specific concepts so I was stuck trying to remember how to solve it from my orgo classes like a year and a half ago.

I have no clue actually! I was doing better on my practice tests and felt okay. The test is all a blur to me now so I can't remember that section but yeah I was disappointed when I saw that! I do remember 1-2 problems where I kind of knew how to do it, but my study books didn't go over those specific concepts so I was stuck trying to remember how to solve it from my orgo classes like a year and a half ago.
What did you use to prepare for the Orgo?

What did you use to prepare for the Orgo?

I used the Kaplan DAT, Bootcamp, top score and some videos. My orgo section of the DAT didn't have very many mechanisms, which sucks because that is what I studied the most for.

I used the Kaplan DAT, Bootcamp, top score and some videos. My orgo section of the DAT didn't have very many mechanisms, which sucks because that is what I studied the most for.
Ok, I was just curious because a student with a 4.0 science SGPA that uses our materials would almost always score much higher.

But rest assured with your high gpa and other scores you will get interviews..

Wishing you the best..

Nancy

Do you really think you won't get interviews?

I was actually concerned. I have a lot of people telling me that I'm applying a lot later than I should and that I may be overlooked because of that. My PAT and ochem scores also scared the crap out of me. Now it's a waiting game!

PAT 17
QR 20
RC 25
BIO 23
CHEM 21
ORG 18

TS 20
AA 21

Those are great marks.
Btw, which method did you use for RC?

There's a lot of RC methods floating around on this forum! Go find one lol! There's mine if you want also I kinda explained it in my breakdown. You need to find what works best with you and stick with it.