DAT Score Review & Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athlete87

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a few quick questions.
1) I took my DAT two weeks ago, and I am just curious how long does it take to show up on the ADA.org website? I know it only takes a few days after that to show up on my main application.
2) I submitted my application a little late in the process, and I know that it is rolling . I figured that I would rather take my time and submit a well put together application, than submit early without a well written essay. Also I am doing a year of volunteer work through a volunteer corp, so I have invested a majority of my summer into studying and my work. Additionally, I have worked in a laboratory for three years and was captain of my university sports team. Do dental universities leave a few chairs open for later applicants?
3) I am a little worried about my Quantitative Reasoning section. I am very strong at complex math such as Differential Equations and Linear Algebra, but I have difficulty with quick math. I am a math minor, so I hope they take that into consideration.
PA: 19
QR: 16
RC: 20
Bio: 20
GC: 21
OC: 20:
TS: 20
AA: 19
I know with a 19 I am competitive, but I am worried about the 16 in QR. I'm the first Latino-American in my family to graduate high school and attend/graduate from university, so any advice about the Dental School process would be great. I am thinking about attending a community career interview practice that is offered by a local nonprofit, just in case I get a golden ticket to an interview. Thank you for the help!!! :highfive:

Members don't see this ad.

this depends on where you applied, your GPA, LORs, PS and what your ECs are in terms of dental experience.
Being a math minor and scoring low on QR may reflect badly on your school. You would have to check the schools for their cutoffs.