DAT score for cali school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lafootdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whats up everyone!!
Quick question that I was wondering If I could get some honest opinions on?

Im gonna be starting pod school in cali in aug. I already got my acceptance but they are still waiting for me to take my DAT which I'll be taking in early march. Being that Im already accepted, do you guyz think that I'll have to do really good on it, or would you guyz think that i basically just have to show my face for the exam. They say that they want an avg score of about 17 or higher, but do u guyz think i'll be cool if i get lets say like a 16. Also do u think that they put a lot of pressure on the perceptual part
thanks alot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not going to attend CSPM but according to the acceptance, it says that they need officials scores for the GRE, MCAT or DAT. Since you are accepted already, I don't think your score matters. HOWEVER, it would really help you if you prepared for the DAT because you would review basic sciences and it would get you into the academic/study groove so you would be more prepared to start school rather than just sit through the test because you have to.

Some are going over anatomy and biochemistry before they start so just preparing for the DAT would be a good option in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
jonwill said:
Just take it and you should be fine.
thanks for the response guyz. So you think that the dean is kinda full of it when he says that he really looks the exam and wants a competitive score??

I dont think he is serious. I have never heard of anyone being declined by California. Everyone at my school who interviewed at California were accepted at the end of the interview day on the spot. Studying for the exam could help you polish up on some science though, so I would not take it lightly. I think a better score could help in scholarship money as well.

Do the best that you can, although you don't have to. If the schools let someone start without obtaining an official test score (MCAT, GRE, DAT) and their official transcripts, the school can loose their accrededation.

I think it will serve you in the long run to study for the DAT and do well. It might also help you with scholarships, etc.