DAT Prep Materials? The best for its value

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brittax5

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

So I am going to bombard this post with a lot of questions.
I am trying to study for the DAT this summer. Taking it this Winter.
I am trying to save the most money by buying the least amount of prep materials that are of the best value.
I was wondering what people suggested for DAT Prep Materials?
I know that DAT Destroyer, Chad videos, Cliff's Bio are one of the top. I was wondering if Math Destroyer is worth it as well.
Which one should I get Crack the DAT or DAT bootcamp? What is the difference between the two?
Also, is the Kaplan DAT book with Review and Strategies is worth it? I read past forums and got mixed reviews for it.
What resource would be best for Reading Comprehension?
Is there any other resources (free or not) people recommend that I did not list?
Sorry for so many questions, I am going to buy these books with my own money so I want to save as much money as I can.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

My suggested materials: DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer including Math Destroyer, Feralis Bio notes, and Cliff's AP Bio.

Yes Math Destroyer is worth it, but if you're looking to save money I'd pick up a slightly older version and rely on DAT Bootcamp to fill you in on the newer QR questions. You can also substitute Mike's videos included with Bootcamp for Chad's videos (I thought both were great). New Feralis notes are included with Bootcamp (I think).

I can only speak to the quality of Bootcamp as I did not purchase Crack the DAT. That being said, I can't imagine that there is a program better than Bootcamp. The practice exams, test format, PAT questions - all very close to what you will see on the real test. HIGHLY recommend.

If you use the resources mentioned above, I see no reason why you'd need the Kaplan book. As for RC, I didn't use any resources other than the Bootcamp practice exams and it went very well, but I felt pretty confident about this section coming in. Check out PAT videos and other test advice on Youtube as well. One thing to be aware of is the 90-day subscription with Bootcamp, not sure how that fits your timeline.

DAT Destroyer seems like the most inclusive study material out there for an affordable price. Check out the DAT Bootcamp study group on Facebook to see how others have done using the same material. I know one just expired but DAT Bootcamp have some discount codes on occasion to save some more money! Best of luck studying!

DAT Destroyer seems like the most inclusive study material out there for an affordable price. Check out the DAT Bootcamp study group on Facebook to see how others have done using the same material. I know one just expired but DAT Bootcamp have some discount codes on occasion to save some more money! Best of luck studying!
Thanks! Okay I will look into it!

Members don't see this ad :)
My suggested materials: DAT Bootcamp, DAT Destroyer including Math Destroyer, Feralis Bio notes, and Cliff's AP Bio.

Yes Math Destroyer is worth it, but if you're looking to save money I'd pick up a slightly older version and rely on DAT Bootcamp to fill you in on the newer QR questions. You can also substitute Mike's videos included with Bootcamp for Chad's videos (I thought both were great). New Feralis notes are included with Bootcamp (I think).

I can only speak to the quality of Bootcamp as I did not purchase Crack the DAT. That being said, I can't imagine that there is a program better than Bootcamp. The practice exams, test format, PAT questions - all very close to what you will see on the real test. HIGHLY recommend.

If you use the resources mentioned above, I see no reason why you'd need the Kaplan book. As for RC, I didn't use any resources other than the Bootcamp practice exams and it went very well, but I felt pretty confident about this section coming in. Check out PAT videos and other test advice on Youtube as well. One thing to be aware of is the 90-day subscription with Bootcamp, not sure how that fits your timeline.

Thanks! Do you know where exactly a used copy would be sold?

feralis bio notes or cliff? what do you recommend more . i dont have the time to go over both