DAT Natural Sciences Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PHannoush

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am just wondering, as I am studying for the DAT right now, are the questions on the Natural Sciences section of the DAT organized or mixed? I know that there are 100 questions, 40 of them being Biology, 30 being General Chemistry, and another 30 being Organic Chemistry. What I mean by my question is, are those questions put together or is it random? Will I have 40 biology questions in a row and then 30 O Chem questions in a row or will the order of questions be random?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You will start with 40 Bio, then 30 GC, then 30 Ochem. Keep in mind the TS Score is based on the amount of questions you get correct in the science section. T/4 the more Bio questions you get correct, the higher your TS score will be.

Reactions: 1 user
You will start with 40 Bio, then 30 GC, then 30 Ochem. Keep in mind the TS Score is based on the amount of questions you get correct in the science section. T/4 the more Bio questions you get correct, the higher your TS score will be.
Can you skip to a certain section/question? Like skip to question 41 to do GChem first and then go back to question 1 for the Bio section after. Or are you forced to go from 1-100?

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally wouldn't recommend skipping through the sections. You need to physically hit skip to skip the questions, which is time consuming in itself. You may lose only 30 seconds, but you might need those at the end to check something over.

Train yourself to do BIO, GC, and OC in order.

Also, I highly recommend reading over the DAT guide posted by the ADA. It details exactly what to expect on test day. A quick Google will bring it up!

Reactions: 1 users
When I took my test I did the 40 Bio first, then the 30 OC, then went back and did the 30 GC since I needed the most time for that subject