DAT MATH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanami

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I am planning to take American DAT, and for Math section, and I am a bit concerned as I haven't looked at Math for 6 years after high school.
For those who have studied for DAT Math, would it be possible to study for it?
If possible, which book would you recommend??
If not possible, i will try to take Canadian DAT T_T

Thank you for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. I took my DAT two weeks ago and got a 24 on the math section.
I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a math guy, but it was one of the sections where I did not spend too much time because I felt like the DAT math isn't very complicated. I have taken two math courses like 4-5 years ago....

With that being said, I used Chad's Math videos (I kinda watched them, did not take notes), Math destroyer, and Bootcamp. For Chad's, it was a nice review but I definitely did not feel like I was ready for some real practice problems. It was just a nice introduction to the QR section. I did Math destroyer, though I only did 5 sections out of like 18 or something like that. They were great representations of the actual QR portion. Bootcamp was also a nice representation. Both were a tad harder than the actual DAT QR, but they are a good source to practice and get a feel for.

I think the best way to approach the math section is by doing problems. If you come across problems where you have no idea what to do, there are plenty of free resources online, and you can always google similar problems.
And of course, there isn't one book or one way that will help everybody, but this is what I generally did.

Reactions: 1 user
22 on the QR here, I strongly recommend Math Destroyer! Check my dat breakdown for more, and read other's breakdowns for all the advice you could possible want

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for detailed information and sharing your experience! :)
Hi there. I took my DAT two weeks ago and got a 24 on the math section.
I wouldn't necessarily consider myself a math guy, but it was one of the sections where I did not spend too much time because I felt like the DAT math isn't very complicated. I have taken two math courses like 4-5 years ago....

With that being said, I used Chad's Math videos (I kinda watched them, did not take notes), Math destroyer, and Bootcamp. For Chad's, it was a nice review but I definitely did not feel like I was ready for some real practice problems. It was just a nice introduction to the QR section. I did Math destroyer, though I only did 5 sections out of like 18 or something like that. They were great representations of the actual QR portion. Bootcamp was also a nice representation. Both were a tad harder than the actual DAT QR, but they are a good source to practice and get a feel for.

I think the best way to approach the math section is by doing problems. If you come across problems where you have no idea what to do, there are plenty of free resources online, and you can always google similar problems.
And of course, there isn't one book or one way that will help everybody, but this is what I generally did.

22 on the QR here, I strongly recommend Math Destroyer! Check my dat breakdown for more, and read other's breakdowns for all the advice you could possible want

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you so much! I will look into your breakdown for further resources