DAT in 2 weeks/reschedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds_2024

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only had 7 weeks to study for the DAT after summer school session 1 because I am going on a dental mission trip the third week of September.

I am now only 2 weeks away from my test date and I am basically only halfway done with Ari's Study guide.

I started doing the gen chem bootcamp and average about 16-17 only, pat bootcamp also averaging 16-17, and let's not get started with how difficult it is for me to answer the destroyer questions.

I'm thinking of rescheduling, but if I do I am gone from September 14-22 and then I go on a family vacation September 25-Oct 4, meaning I'll have a month gap.

I need advice on my scheduling/should I just take and then retake it? HELP :(

Members don't see this ad.

If you really do not feel prepared and you haven't been able to get through all of the resources you planned to, I would recommend rescheduling. If you take it and do not perform well, that score is going to stay with you for awhile.

What materials have you been able to go through?

As for your situation, would there be any way to review material while you are on vacation? It will be easy to lose information when you are away from the books for that long, if you do end up rescheduling.

Reactions: 1 user
Few questions

When are you planning to apply?
When does your DAT eligibility end?
Do you think you will be able to study at all on your trip or mission? I.e. Reading cliffs/Barron's on the plane - watching Chad's/Mike's at night - doing some angle ranking/hole punch practice on your phone when waiting around etc

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
If you're applying next cycle, absolutely reschedule to a later date you feel more comfortable with - even if it's much later (October - December assuming your ticket is still valid for that time). Only getting halfway through the study guide means there's still plenty of ground left to cover.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only had 7 weeks to study for the DAT after summer school session 1 because I am going on a dental mission trip the third week of September.

I am now only 2 weeks away from my test date and I am basically only halfway done with Ari's Study guide.

I started doing the gen chem bootcamp and average about 16-17 only, pat bootcamp also averaging 16-17, and let's not get started with how difficult it is for me to answer the destroyer questions.

I'm thinking of rescheduling, but if I do I am gone from September 14-22 and then I go on a family vacation September 25-Oct 4, meaning I'll have a month gap.

I need advice on my scheduling/should I just take and then retake it? HELP :(
I would like to see you 2009 ADA scores. Feel free to pm me and we can discuss y study plan to avoid any possible retake.

If you're applying next cycle, absolutely reschedule to a later date you feel more comfortable with - even if it's much later (October - December assuming your ticket is still valid for that time). Only getting halfway through the study guide means there's still plenty of ground left to cover.

You're right, I was rushing through it and my foundation was lacking. I have decided to take my exam in the second week of December (I will be rescheduling it tomorrow). The 6 month period expires in January. The only reason I am choosing to take it during the second week of December is because I didn't want to lose another week or so because of the Christmas festivities and then take it in January. I thought it would be pointless to have a break before the exam.

Few questions

When are you planning to apply?
-Next cycle

When does your DAT eligibility end?
- January

Do you think you will be able to study at all on your trip or mission? I.e. Reading cliffs/Barron's on the plane - watching Chad's/Mike's at night - doing some angle ranking/hole punch practice on your phone when waiting around etc

-I am hoping to be able to do this, I am bringing as much flashcard/hard copy resources as I can on the mission trip as there will not be internet in the area we are going to. My family vacation will also be out of the country so I am not sure if I'll always have internet connection to watch Mike's and do PAT problems.

What I know I can for sure bring because internet will not be needed:
-ferali's notes for sure (i've read from people on SDN that they read it about 3-4x and I'm hoping to be able to do that)
-I have made flashcards for ochem and took notes on the roadmap from destroyer.
-i will be aiming to make flashcards for gen chem and math (hopefully before I leave)

If you really do not feel prepared and you haven't been able to get through all of the resources you planned to, I would recommend rescheduling. If you take it and do not perform well, that score is going to stay with you for awhile.

What materials have you been able to go through?

As for your situation, would there be any way to review material while you are on vacation? It will be easy to lose information when you are away from the books for that long, if you do end up rescheduling.
-like i

I plan on rescheduling my test date to the second week of december. As of right now, I have gone through mike's GC videos, khan academy qr, 1/2 of cliff's, 1/2 of mike's OC videos and the first week of month 2 on ari's schedule. (I know, I was trying to condense with the time I had and could not do it)

I mentioned above what I will be bringing, but basically flashcards, ferali's study guide, ochem road map from destroyer, and other notes I have :)