DAT friend or foe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egots

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how the questions for DAT are chosen..do they have specific exams that are readministered at random or are the questions just chosen from a pool of questions so there will never be two identical exams? And also how do they evaluate the difficulty of one exam relative to another? I know people who took the test twice and have said that one was more or less difficult then the other

Members don't see this ad.

It's different version of the exam, I think

If you two people took different exams, it's possible that one was better prepared then the other. or was lucky ot have what they studied on the exam. :p

egots said:
Can someone explain to me how the questions for DAT are chosen..do they have specific exams that are readministered at random or are the questions just chosen from a pool of questions so there will never be two identical exams? And also how do they evaluate the difficulty of one exam relative to another? I know people who took the test twice and have said that one was more or less difficult then the other

There're about 4 sets of exams at the test centers and they are being reused with very minimal swapping of questions among them. Not all of these have been set at equal level of difficulty. A candidate feeling he has done the test appreciably well may not be assigned as high a score as he may have expected so, simply because many others have been able to perform as well as he's done if not any better. Some, being unlucky, ended up getting certain set(s) of test(s) that is/are a lot harder and wished that they had studied more diligently for the DAT.

Your best bet is be prepared for the worse so you don't have to waste another 90 days to prepare for the same DAT again.