This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyPomme

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Boy does it feel good to get this exam over with! :soexcited: To everyone out there still studying, just know that all of it will pay off and you will soon be able to enjoy the rest of your summer :nod:

I also wanted to let everyone know that it is possible to do well on this exam even if you re taking a summer class. I was taking O-chem 2 during the months of May until the first week of July and my DAT was scheduled for the 19th of July. It obviously wasn't ideal, but unfortunately my circumstances did not permit me to take o-chem any sooner or later. On top of that, we all have essays to write, secondaries to fill out, etc, and all I can say was these past months were NOT easy, but definitely worth it as now my application is complete. All this to say that yes, it will be a rough few months trying to juggling the application process, studying (and maybe summer school like me), BUT it is okay, you will succeed and it will be worth it in the end, don't forget that ;)

Though I did not score anywhere near the awesome scores you find on this forum, I think it helps for everyone to see that it is totally okay and satisfying to get an "average" score.

Here are DAT scores:

Bio: 21
Gen Chem: 22
Organic Chem: 22
PAT: 19
Reading: 20
QR:18

TS:22
AA:21

==> for QR, I did not have any trig questions on my DAT, maybe they finally implemented the changes? (maybe not though, honestly who knows haha)

Also, if anyone else is wondering like I was how Bootcamp compares to the real DAT, my scores were pretty similar or a tad higher:

Bootcamp average:

Bio: 21
Gen Chem: 20
Organic Chem: 19
PAT: 18
Reading: 20
QR:17

AA:19

I think the practices for bootcamp really helped, especially its interface because it felt just like I was taking full-length bootcamp test! One week before my scheduled DAT, I did one full-length DAT which really helped with timing and determining the best strategy for the reading comprehension.:)

I cannot express how much this SDN community has helped with studying and motivation, thanks to all of you out there! I am would be more than happy to contribute so if anyone wants some more info, I would be more than happy to help out as much as I can :smug:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats on your scores!! Pair them with a competitive GPA and excellent PS & LORs and I'm sure you'll be on your way to dental school!

Thanks @artist2022 I really do hope your right lol. I have a science-GPA of 3.68 and an overall-GPA of 3.79 so Im crossing my fingers that will get me in the schools I applied to :xf:

And i'm assuming you are also applying this cycle? If so, best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience and letting everyone know you can indeed score well while taking classes. You did awesome and have a great GPA, best of luck in the application cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
You have a great GPA!!! Maybe you should post a "chance me" in the Pre-Dental forum to get an idea of the schools that are OOS friendly with your stats.
And you should also definitely post your study guide/schedule (if you want to)- it'll really help other students taking classes like you did!

I am! But I haven't yet taken my DAT (Aug 2nd :confused::eek:). Thank you, and good luck to you too!!

Yeah that's a great idea actually, I couldn't really find any threads like that when I was looking for the before starting summer school. Will definitely post one soon :cool: