This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDental777

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have my dat exam in less then a month this is my second time taking it first time i got
Pat 19
QR 16
RC 19
Bio 16
Chem 19
Ogro 21
AA 18
TS 18
Gpa 3.5
Did not even get interview
First time all i used was the destroyer and had a weak bio foundation

For this tome around i have been studying since February and working at the same time
I have been doing DAT Destroyer currently on my 4th rerun on gen chem and orgo and 3rd rerun on bio
I have also added dat bootcamp i have been averaging in the twentys in the sciences and have been averaging 18 in PAT
did two practice test in reading and got 18 and 17

For math i have been doing the questions in the destroyer and the questions in dat bootcamp i have taken one practice test and got a 17 but i know ive improved since then i like the sectional breakdown better on BC especially for the new conparison questions

Overall just wondering if anybody can give me some close to exam tips that have worked for them
I really hope i do better this time
I honestly feel ive actually been studing this time around

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

DAT Bootcamp is your friend. Go over practice tests over and over and over again. It especially paid off with GC for me (25), and I got 20+ across the board. Do the problems again and again until it becomes second nature.

For math, it's all about timing. Practice marking and skipping the hard questions. Saves a TON of time. Find out which questions trouble you the most (i.e. take up more time) and focus on them.

DAT Bootcamp is your friend. Go over practice tests over and over and over again. It especially paid off with GC for me (25), and I got 20+ across the board. Do the problems again and again until it becomes second nature.

For math, it's all about timing. Practice marking and skipping the hard questions. Saves a TON of time. Find out which questions trouble you the most (i.e. take up more time) and focus on them.
Thank you for the input
Ive been doing just that with the math basically learning to the most easy questions before getting stuck on the long ones

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you're being pretty thorough with your practice material but what kind of content review did you do ahead of time?
The content i used were general bio notes i had from college but i had marked what sections the DAT looks for i dont waste time on things i wont be tested on
For Gen same thing as well as orgo. And of coarse googled and youtubed what ever i needed extra explanations for.

The content i used were general bio notes i had from college but i had marked what sections the DAT looks for i dont waste time on things i wont be tested on
For Gen same thing as well as orgo. And of coarse googled and youtubed what ever i needed extra explanations for.

How can you predict what will and won't be tested on the DAT? It's a very broad scope test.

Hello everyone
I have my dat exam in less then a month this is my second time taking it first time i got
Pat 19
QR 16
RC 19
Bio 16
Chem 19
Ogro 21
AA 18
TS 18
Gpa 3.5
Did not even get interview
First time all i used was the destroyer and had a weak bio foundation

For this tome around i have been studying since February and working at the same time
I have been doing DAT Destroyer currently on my 4th rerun on gen chem and orgo and 3rd rerun on bio
I have also added dat bootcamp i have been averaging in the twentys in the sciences and have been averaging 18 in PAT
did two practice test in reading and got 18 and 17

For math i have been doing the questions in the destroyer and the questions in dat bootcamp i have taken one practice test and got a 17 but i know ive improved since then i like the sectional breakdown better on BC especially for the new conparison questions

Overall just wondering if anybody can give me some close to exam tips that have worked for them
I really hope i do better this time
I honestly feel ive actually been studing this time around

Thank you.

one of my biggest tips is mentality. You want to go into the exam with a good, clear mentality. There will always be questions that will trip you up on the DAT. I think its important that you recognize this and be prepared to answer these types of questions.

In terms of content review, I feel like you are reviewing the right materials. Take some practice exams and review areas where you got questions wrong.