DAT Done- 06/10/08

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realityhigh

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used Princeton Review, Destroyer, Achiever and TopScore to prepare. I was getting 22 and 23 AA on the practice tests. I also was getting 21 and 22 in the QR during practice tests.

My scores today were:

PA: 22 97.8%
QR: 27 99.9%
RC: 25 96.5%
Bio: 27 99.9%
GC: 24 95.4%
OC: 29 100%
TS: 26 99.8%
AA: 26 97.3%

Overall, I am very pleased with all my scores, even though my GPA is a little on the low side. I put the percentiles in even though they do not mean much. I have a 3.42 GPA and 3.33 science. I am a Bio major and was wondering if I still had a shot at schools such as Harvard, Columbia and UCSF?

Any input would be greatly appreciated. THanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
to everyone reading this: this is not slander, it is an example.

i work as a dental assistant in ******. There is a dentist in my building who (apparently) had a 100% (not 1 question wrong) or on his dat and nbde. I shadowed him for a week and can honestly say thay i pity his patients ( he is an orthodontist). Observing him makes me feel that dental schools should have a manual dexterity competency cutoff. this guy has practiced for years and remains a nuisance. I want to cut in on him every other minute. Not only is he the epitome of book smart, he belongs in a storybook - ivy league, 3.98gpa, 26dat, etc, much like pryda and his pal in this thread, sorry dudes....but you suck. great scores tho. flap your gums to adcoms to get a kick, but not here. no pun intended. c-ya......

I used Princeton Review, Destroyer, Achiever and TopScore to prepare. I was getting 22 and 23 AA on the practice tests. I also was getting 21 and 22 in the QR during practice tests.

My scores today were:

PA: 22 97.8%
QR: 27 99.9%
RC: 25 96.5%
Bio: 27 99.9%
GC: 24 95.4%
OC: 29 100%
TS: 26 99.8%
AA: 26 97.3%

As far as I know, Princeton doesn't make specific DAT material, so that makes OP full of honkey ;). Second of all, just like many of the other posters, 26 AA can in no way be 97.3%, I got a 22 (which I thought was good at the time until I read all these 23's 24's and 25's) and my percentile was 95.6% or something like that.

And about this PrydA or whatever his name is, I THINK that you can only get a 29 in biology, but every once in a while a 30 might be possible so I'm not sure. But you would think that a 26 on Ochem would be higher than 97% I think 26 on Ochem runs around 98.5% or so... Just my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad :)

i work as a dental assistant in ******. There is a dentist in my building who (apparently) had a 100% (not 1 question wrong) or on his dat and nbde. I shadowed him for a week and can honestly say thay i pity his patients ( he is an orthodontist). Observing him makes me feel that dental schools should have a manual dexterity competency cutoff. this guy has practiced for years and remains a nuisance. I want to cut in on him every other minute. Not only is he the epitome of book smart, he belongs in a storybook - ivy league, 3.98gpa, 26dat, etc, much like pryda and his pal in this thread, sorry dudes....but you suck. great scores tho. flap your gums to adcoms to get a kick, but not here. no pun intended. c-ya......

Now I don't think that's entirely fair. There are plenty of incredibly "book smart" people that make GREAT doctors/dentists/whatever. Just because you're brilliant does not automatically mean that you're introverted, uncomfortable, awkward, and asocial. Some are, but many who succeed are not.

The booksmart @ my school have social difficulties...I can't imagine having to deal with patients.

As far as I know, Princeton doesn't make specific DAT material, so that makes OP full of honkey ;). Second of all, just like many of the other posters, 26 AA can in no way be 97.3%, I got a 22 (which I thought was good at the time until I read all these 23's 24's and 25's) and my percentile was 95.6% or something like that.

And about this PrydA or whatever his name is, I THINK that you can only get a 29 in biology, but every once in a while a 30 might be possible so I'm not sure. But you would think that a 26 on Ochem would be higher than 97% I think 26 on Ochem runs around 98.5% or so... Just my 2 cents.

No I think PrydA is legit... I had a 26 on Ochem and the percentile was 97.7... now ONLY if I had repeated that score in Bio and GChem :(. I also thought my scores were awesome until recently :scared:...

i don't think this should be your basis for accusing someone. i posted my dat scores on my signature before, and somebody said they are too high to be true because i sounded too modest...

This could've just been a typo, but you claim you had a 26 AA, and a 25 on RC, yet your last post in the thread where you reported your scores was as follows:

"No, actually I quitted grad school and spent about three months preparing for DAT while doing shadowing/volunteering. I guess I had more time to prepare for the test than most people did, and that's probably one reason I did so well."

You probably did score as high as you claim - no one can really know for certain except for yourself (if you really did, congratulations... that's quite an achievement). But as I've said before (and I'm going to say it again here)... I find it baffling that there are people on these forums, who are applying for acceptance into professional schools, that still manage to butcher the English language (unless, of course, you're ESL) and cannot express a clear thought in writing.

You report a score that only 0.1-0.2% of all DAT test takers are able to achieve, and then you post something like that and expect me (and others) not to be skeptical about your scores?

Btw... does anyone know roughly how many people take the DAT each year (I'm too lazy to look up the numbers on the ADA website)?

Man, those percentiles must be completely worthless because my test said that my 24 AA was in the 99.2 percentile. So if the OP's 26 AA is only in the 97th then that makes little to no sense to me.

Either way, congratulations on those scores. Don't worry about your GPA with a DAT like that you should get in anywhere you apply.

This could've just been a typo, but you claim you had a 26 AA, and a 25 on RC, yet your last post in the thread where you reported your scores was as follows:

"No, actually I quitted grad school and spent about three months preparing for DAT while doing shadowing/volunteering. I guess I had more time to prepare for the test than most people did, and that's probably one reason I did so well."

You probably did score as high as you claim - no one can really know for certain except for yourself (if you really did, congratulations... that's quite an achievement). But as I've said before (and I'm going to say it again here)... I find it baffling that there are people on these forums, who are applying for acceptance into professional schools, that still manage to butcher the English language (unless, of course, you're ESL) and cannot express a clear thought in writing.

You report a score that only 0.1-0.2% of all DAT test takers are able to achieve, and then you post something like that and expect me (and others) not to be skeptical about your scores?

haha, yes in fact i am ESL as i mentioned somewhere in that thread (or another).

if the reason you specifically made the word "quitted" bold was to point out my grammar mistake, please keep in mind that quitted is still a legitimate use of past tense. yes it's very rare to almost nonexistent here in america, but i certainly saw its appearances on a few occassions.

Last edited:

What is your point? You give us an example of a dentist who does great on tests then bash on anyone who gets a good score on their DAT?

sadly, im not booksmart at all.

What is up with pryda? Why is he so defensive? Maybe he made up his scores too...

Members don't see this ad :)
Its so funny how the OP wasted some precious minutes of his life to make up fake DAT scores so that he can anonymously brag about them and appear smart on a forum on the internet.

Anyone else see how the OP yesterday went back to edit a post he made in May because his posted-GPA there was inconsistent with the one he posted on this thread? Jigabodo, you were actually the one to quote his post in the other thread.

To the OP: good luck on the DAT when you take it! Perhaps if you put as much time into studying as you did into making up scores and percentiles and editing month-old posts, maybe you indeed would earn some pretty decent scores.

i could just upload pics from the prometric print-out if you guys want lol

Last edited:
Hey pryda, nice scores.

As for all the haters, I had a 28 in QR and had 100.0 percentile. Someone else had a 29 with a 99.8 percentile. Because of this experience, I can safely say that your argument isn't strong when you are comparing your percentile scores to his. Due to different test batches and times when tests are taken, the percentiles might not be consistent. And if you think pryda displayed false information. Who cares? He does what he wants. No need to hate.

Hey pryda, nice scores.

As for all the haters, I had a 28 in QR and had 100.0 percentile. Someone else had a 29 with a 99.8 percentile. Because of this experience, I can safely say that your argument isn't strong when you are comparing your percentile scores to his. Due to different test batches and times when tests are taken, the percentiles might not be consistent. And if you think pryda displayed false information. Who cares? He does what he wants. No need to hate.

Haha you're all about that aren't you? Lovin it...

i actually had a friend who scored extremely well on the DAT...only to have his prometric center call him a couple of weeks later and tell him there was a miscalculation, and that his scores were actually lower. his scores were still good, but anyone else have that happen to them too?

freakin awesome, AWESOME SCORES!! congrats to you. im pretty sure you'll get into any school you want.

nope no FRAP question. the questions were surprisingly basic.. but the way they were worded requires you to approach them from different angles.

when you study, make sure to think about all the ways the test can approach the material, and know that the test-makers know what the study materials cover. none of the questions were similar to topscore/achiever/destro etc., but they all asked about similar topics if you know what i'm saying. so.. just cover your bases.

i actually had a friend who scored extremely well on the DAT...only to have his prometric center call him a couple of weeks later and tell him there was a miscalculation, and that his scores were actually lower. his scores were still good, but anyone else have that happen to them too?

How often does this happen? Is there any way to confirm the official scores that the ADA sends to schools?

i am wondering if the % scores are in real-time and actually fluctuate as more and more tests are taken. For example a 20 might be a 87% today but a 90% next week if there are more scores under 20 than over 20.

Does anybody know if this is the case? That might shed some light on the nasty battles going on in this war...

Wow, these are really unbelievable scores. You have really done a terrific job. Congratulations.

people are scoring motherf-------- high. i guess even though peopel are getting ethics and **** if u want to get into your top choice u better score mf high also.