DAT BREAKDOWN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Me17x

Reaction score
DAT BREAKDOWN
SCORES:
PAT- 21
QR- 22
READING COMPREHENSION- 22
BIOLOGY- 25
GENERAL CHEMISTRY- 23
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY- 30
TOTAL SCIENCE- 25
AA- 24
RESOURCES USED: DAT Booster and Math destroyer book
BREAKDOWN:
PAT- For Pat, I first watched videos for every section then after I understood the idea and the way to solve it, I would take 2-3 days solving around 15 questions of that section until I master it. Then I repeat the process for a new section, practicing questions from the sections I covered. Been doing that until I covered all 6 sections of the PAT, then I started solving around 5-10 questions of each question daily. MY BIGGEST ADVICE is to practice daily no matter what, there were days where I just did 3 questions! But the key to succeed in the pat is to do it every day.
QR- Last time I took math was in high school. So I watched all the videos on Booster and took notes as if taking a math class in college. After I mastered the concept I started solving. In the beginning, I wasn’t getting any questions right. But one thing that made a difference is that I made my notes including the type of questions that appear on the dat. For example, age questions, combined work, rates, etc. This made me solve faster since I'm already familiar with the type of questions. Besides Booster, I watched all of the math destroyer videos on youtube and also had the math destroyer book. Overall the real QR section on the exam was way simpler than all the practice tests.
Reading Comprehension- English is my second language so this was the hardest section on the DAT for me. After trying all the methods, reading the full passage with highlighting and answering the questions in order worked best for me. I would also read the first question and have it in mind before starting to read just in case I came across the answer while reading.
Biology- Besides Orgo this was my strongest subject, I’m a biology minor and took several bio classes in school. So using booster’s notes and solving the practice exams prepared me well. It’s important to solve all practice exams cause booster’s exams are the most representative of the real dat.
Chemistry- For chemistry, I watched all the videos on Booster and took notes as well since I took gen chem during con=vid online and I barely learned anything. So I was learning all the concepts from scratch. The real exam was easier than all 10 practice exams on the booster.
Organic Chemistry- I took organic chemistry right before taking the Dat so the information was fresh in my brain. Also, I had a really good professor so I found the organic chemistry part of the dat to be easier than what I took in school. However, I printed out all the notes from dat booster including the reaction sheet. I mastered and learned the reaction sheet by heart. I had also some copy paste questions from dat booster’s practice exams.
My absolute advice for all sections of the dat is to do as much as practice exams as you can. Booster had the same level of difficulty as the real exam, so don't worry you won’t be burnt out solving them if you studied the material of each subject well. Best of luck future dentists!!
U-MRUqADk3uY1Gwt7JaLw6_SDer4aC5x8sSVMzyAIcstRnCBOSFSZc5hAJOB3vwcQSyk4Y3_UIToQZxy1F5igOQAXkjyiW8IYyjaUNEJaJOmiJQFa_bWU1MGTj0tONYtewU7ANuixJWq7CS-54BwY0Q

Members don't see this ad.