DAT BREAKDOWN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seungmeen331

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I never thought I would be here posting about the DAT Breakdown. I initially joined this group hoping to gain motivation to grind on this exam, but seeing 25+ on this page didn't really motivate me much but induced my anxiety. I had to step away from this page to focus on myself and see what methods would work and not work. I am here to post for those in a similar boat that I was once in and want to make sure that your feelings and anxiousness are very valid.
Bio (22):
I focused on learning the material rather than getting a good score on the practice exams. I mainly read through the Feralis-Booster biology notes to comprehend the material. After I went over the material, I took Practice Exam 1-5 to see what I had to focus on and understand the questions I got right or wrong. Even if I did get the question correct, I read over the explanation to see if I had arrived at the correct conclusion with accurate knowledge. I realized that many questions were not in-depth but focused on a bigger picture. So, I want to emphasize the importance of creating a bigger picture than the smaller pieces of information. I was also terrified of how much information we had to retain, so I signed up for bio crash courses. I HIGHLY recommend it if you struggle to narrow down the concepts to highlight. I am an auditory learner, so I could hear the material as I reviewed it, and having the condensed version of the material was beneficial.
GC (21):
I looked at general chemistry when I was a junior in high school, which was about five years ago. I did have good knowledge of basic chemistry. Still, I thought about going over the problems, seeing the common topics tested, and identifying the method for specific questions. I wish I had focused more on the concept-based questions and strengthened my understanding to best answer those concept questions since they showed up frequently on my exam.
OC (24):
I LOVED Bootcamp reaction question bank. Since DAT itself didn't test you to understand the mechanism, putting yourself to be familiarized with each reaction was highly important. Being able to recognize the reagents and know what those reagents will create as the final products, you will be more than prepared for this section. I continuously practiced active learning with organic chemistry, meaning that I would look at the reaction summary sheet, and the following day, I would write down all the reactions that I could recall. Also, I cannot emphasize the importance of ranking the acid/base strengths and solubility rule. If you have those concepts DOWN, then those are your free points. Look for the overlapping questions throughout the practice exams and hone those questions down!
QR (24):
I have always been good at math, so this was my least concerned question. But, there is no better way than constant practice for the math questions. Be familiar with all the questions and know the EQUATIONS! Try to recall the equations you have been using throughout the practice exams. Also, be comfortable with the probability questions because you WILL encounter at least one of them. For me, it took some time to get comfortable with the calculator that was provided, so I would really practice it and be comfortable with it.
Overall, I definitely recommend if you are looking for a resource that accurately represents the actual DAT, you should sign up for DAT booster. If you are wanting to gain in-depth knowledge on the material, then you should sign up for the booster. Lastly, the overall advice that I wanted to give is to understand that you are worth more than this standardized test score. You can do this, and please don't give up! YOU GOT THIS EVERYONE
🙂

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I'm not pre-dent but I so appreciate you sharing your encouragement and strategies! Awesome job!!