DAT Bootcamp vs Real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoverBoys

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is in two days and I have been spending this week taking tests on DAT Bootcamp. I know a lot of people say these tests are similar to the real DAT, but my question is how similar? I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone could compare their Bootcamp scores to their real DAT score. Thanks!

Below are my current Bootcamp Scores:

Bio
X / 23 / 21 / 21 / 18

Chem
X / 20 / 23 / 24 / 18

Orgo
X / 20 / 19 / 24 / X

Math
X / 20 / 20 / X / X

PAT
23 / X / X / X / X

Members don't see this ad.

My real DAT scores were higher than my Bootcamp scores. You will not see a topic on your DAT that was not covered on Bootcamp. My test, wording wise, was similar to Bootcamp.

It's the same style of question format that you will see.

Reactions: 1 user
I've only gone through the gen chem, one math test and a bio exam. I like the gen chem A LOT, math I wasn't too crazy about, and their PAT is on point, it doesn't let you get away with counting lines which is a problem if you use crack PAT. Good luck, I haven't taken exam yet after taking bootcamp but i've taken it too many times to get a feel for it. I think it's solid, good luck!

Hey I just took my DAT today too! For others reading, I used datbootcamp as well and I've gotta say it was worded very closely. MUCH better than CDP for the PAT for sure. Even though they only released the PAT section 2 days before my exam, it helped tremendously. All the science stuff was good, didn't really have time to go over the math as I only bought it 2 weeks before the exam. The gen chem helped A LOT because I am truly awful at gen chem - barely passed it freshman year.

First time I took DAT:

PAT - 17, QR - 16, RC - 18, Biology - 17, Gen Chem - 16, O Chem - 20, Total Science - 18, AA - 17

Today (thanks to the help of bootcamp and a lottt of prayer) my official new DAT scores:

PAT - 21, QR - 17, RC - 20, Biology - 22, Gen Chem - 20, O Chem 21, TS - 20, AA - 20

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I just took my DAT today too! For others reading, I used datbootcamp as well and I've gotta say it was worded very closely. MUCH better than CDP for the PAT for sure. Even though they only released the PAT section 2 days before my exam, it helped tremendously. All the science stuff was good, didn't really have time to go over the math as I only bought it 2 weeks before the exam. The gen chem helped A LOT because I am truly awful at gen chem - barely passed it freshman year.

First time I took DAT:

PAT - 17, QR - 16, RC - 18, Biology - 17, Gen Chem - 16, O Chem - 20, Total Science - 18, AA - 17

Today (thanks to the help of bootcamp and a lottt of prayer) my official new DAT scores:

PAT - 21, QR - 17, RC - 20, Biology - 22, Gen Chem - 20, O Chem 21, TS - 20, AA - 20

did you use anything else besides bootcamp to study for GC? I mean in terms of practice tests

Ha, well... I had a lot of trouble with study materials. I had destroyer, which was definitely worth it for the 486 bio questions it had. I didn't even use it for gen chem or math, got through about 1/3 of the o chem in it.

I bought the kaplan 2007-2008 for $5 on amazon just for the CD, but found out that the CD doesn't work on new computers (im talking windows 7). I did take the practice test in the book, it was ok, but a lot of the explanations were hard to understand and unclear.

I also had "McGraw Hill 2013 DAT," which I got for $17 on amazon. not worth it at all.

I also have Crack royal flush edition. The science section is garbage, math is OK, reading is so-so. The Crack DAT PAT did NOT prepare me for the real PAT. Before my first DAT, I was consistently scoring 20-22 on CDP, got 17 on the real thing. The datbootcamp PAT (currently only $20!) was very difficult, but very true to the real test and good for preparation.

I also had a 47 page biology outline from ??? that someone sent me that I used to review all of my biology stuff - wrote everything down word for word. That was definitely gold for me. I'll try to figure out how to put it in an attachment for you.

My bad, misread. I tried using Kaplan with limited success for GC. I didn't even bother with destroyer because I wanted to focus on other sections and have trouble comprehending GC as it is. I used datbootcamp for 90% of GC studying I did. I also think I got easier questions today for GC, and I had very few calculations or acid-base problems.

My bad, misread. I tried using Kaplan with limited success for GC. I didn't even bother with destroyer because I wanted to focus on other sections and have trouble comprehending GC as it is. I used datbootcamp for 90% of GC studying I did. I also think I got easier questions today for GC, and I had very few calculations or acid-base problems.

Thank you for getting back to me.
About those bio notes I think you are reffering to Alan's notes. I have them

Yeah I think they are Alan's notes. Those were definitely excellent to use as a study guide. Much better than reading through 200+ pages of a review book for bio alone. I'd never be able to make it through my 800 page Kaplan book, just being honest lol.

I really liked DAT Bootcamp. The way they worded the questions were representative to the real test. I even think they were little harder.But it really forces you to read the questions completely and not just plug and chug.

My DAT is in two days and I have been spending this week taking tests on DAT Bootcamp. I know a lot of people say these tests are similar to the real DAT, but my question is how similar? I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone could compare their Bootcamp scores to their real DAT score. Thanks!

Below are my current Bootcamp Scores:

Bio
X / 23 / 21 / 21 / 18

Chem
X / 20 / 23 / 24 / 18

Orgo
X / 20 / 19 / 24 / X

Math
X / 20 / 20 / X / X

PAT
23 / X / X / X / X
What did you end up getting, my DAT practice scores are right around what you got.

Bootcamp is the BEST prep for the dat. Please dont waste your money on anything else, you will not regret it.
Thanks Ari :)

DAT Bootcamp seems really helpful. I enjoy taking the test more than Crack the DAT because I think they are closer to what the test will be like. Their PAT is amazing practice and the Science questions are sometimes hard but they really test to see if you understand major concepts and sometimes if you can figure out something based on question (something you will probably have to do on Bio section if you encounter smth you haven't sen before) The nice thing is you can review all the tests and the explanations are so great. I use them as outlines in a way to learn everything in all answer choices. I think I will be ready by the time the DAT comes thanks to Ari and Bootcamp

First time I took DAT:

What did you do to study? I have a month left and only used chads videos which wasnt effective. Now I am studying my week points and doing destroyer, crack, and bootcamp daily

What did you do to study? I have a month left and only used chads videos which wasnt effective. Now I am studying my week points and doing destroyer, crack, and bootcamp daily
That is from 2013.

i see all these posts about Bootcamp VS real DAT, so I've decided to share my opinion a bit here. I'm a predental student, and just took DAT yesterday. i thought Bootcamp resembles the real DAT pretty much exactly, except for RC and QR.
RC is much harder in bootcamp compared to the real one, partly is because your questions are not being asked in order, and questions are not direct. Also, you gotta be able to recognize a lot of those implied messages in bootcamp. my actual RC on DAT, the first two sections in were in order, but not the 3rd, which i was able to get a 20. (reading has always been the most difficult subject for me to overcome, because english isn't my first language. so if i could get a 20, YOU CAN GET AT LEAST A 21 OR ABOVE!!! NO JOKE). Just to make you feel even better, i was never able to score a 16 or above on Bootcamp~

QR on the real DAT was hard. i thought QR was the part that will boost up my grade, but NO. i blanked out for the first 5 questions, marked at least 3 out of 5, and i had only 9 minutes left to finish up the last 10 questions. However, questions at the end weren't as brutal as the first 10. Therefore, i was able to get a 20 at the end. My suggestion to QR section is to skip IMMEDIATELY for the ones you are like......huh?? and come back for them. so that you will have enough time to finish up all the questions that you have absolute confidence in!! DON't struggle for the ones you don't know and rush through the ones you do like i did.

For the Bio Section, all i can say is to prepare as much as possible. You would never know where those questions are coming from. However, Bootcamp was a very goooood source for me because every question has at least a 10 pages explanation for it LOL. When i was preparing for it, i had a word doc. open, and i write down all the things that i don't know when i was reading those explanations. Not only go through the ones you missed, but also the ones you got them correctly. there were always info in the explanation section that were brand new to me. I ended up getting a 23 on bio section. Luck does play a role, but it's not the only thing determines your score!!

GC and OC on the real test were very similar to the questions you see in bootcamp. Try to go through them once, twice, or even thrice. you might think you remember the ones you missed, but truth is.... NO, YOU DON'T. Do them multiple times to enhance memory is always the best way. and again, write down anything conceptual in the word doc (you should have a word doc. created by now btw~~). Chads Video was my primary source to prepare for these 2 sections. All i can say is THAT BALD GUY ROCKS!! i feel like he knows soooo much about anything, and at the same time, he's awesome at teaching. His sections are concise and to the point. i actually got a 24 for both GC and OC. Thanks Chad.

PAT on the real test was hard, but bootcamp wasn't easy neither. I thought this section is nothing related to luck. if you do well on bootcamp, you do well on the real exam! Not really a suggestion, but just do as many questions as possible to get yourself at the spot where you needed to be. i personally got a 23 for this section.

i apologize its a hella long essay. the last thing i wanted to say is thank you Ari for creating bootcamp, it really did prepared me well for the exam. my membership expired a month before my exam date, and Ari was able to help me out on that! From this i can see that he really wants to help you succeed as a person, but not a website owner! Let me know if you have any questions. DON'T panic, you are going to do great!!!

Bio 23
GC 24
OC 24
RC 20
QR 20
PAT 23
Tot. Science 24
Academic Avg. 22