DAT bootcamp difficulty vs difficulty of real DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TenaciousPreDent

Reaction score
Hey everyone apologies if this has been asked a lot already. My DAT is coming up in a week. I've used bootcamp a lot for practice tests, and my scores were usually 18-21 on all the science practice tests except bio. I was wondering how the difficulty of bootcamp compared to the actual test, and how any of your scores on BC differed from the real thing. Thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone apologies if this has been asked a lot already. My DAT is coming up in a week. I've used bootcamp a lot for practice tests, and my scores were usually 18-21 on all the science practice tests except bio. I was wondering how the difficulty of bootcamp compared to the actual test, and how any of your scores on BC differed from the real thing. Thanks !

This might be a little late, but here it goes. Just took the real thing yesterday, and used Bootcamp to study. My score was:
PA 21
QR 21
RC 15
BG 19
GC 21
OC 19
TS 19
AA 19

My scores were pretty close to the Full lengths I took on Bootcamp. I got a 1 point higher in each category on the actual thing, so I guess Bootcamp's exams were a little more difficult. I found the GC and OC content to be really good and I used Khan Academy for a portion of Bio that I needed a refresher on. Overall, I think they have good content, but their price is a little higher than others.

I hope this helped. Let me know if you have any questions.

Disclaimer* I only studied for 5 weeks with Bootcamp and I have taken the test the previous year.

Reactions: 1 users
How did your scores come out? I am a few days away and scoring 17-18 on sciences, trying to decide if I can go ahead and take it or push it back

How did your scores come out? I am a few days away and scoring 17-18 on sciences, trying to decide if I can go ahead and take it or push it back
im in the same position , usually people will say push it back but depending on how many days you have left, I would just keep practicing every minute . I devote my entire day to one subject to gain the most out of practice/material. it has really helped me do better; especially with the O.C and G.C - and for bio, you either know it or you don't ; some people may disagree with me but for bio what's helping me is NOT the practice tests. It's reviewing my notes like crazy. So I suggest you devote a day for lets say, O.C then as "breaks" review your bio notes. Trust me , it'll really help, the info will stick in the long run.

Relying on any timed test to predict an exact score is a fool's folly. You might score higher, but you might score lower, no one has a crystal ball. I wish I could tell my students take this test and whatever you score will be the same as the DAT, would make my job a lot easier. The better approach it to know the concepts, and things will turn out just fine.

Keep going you are on the right path, the DAT is challenging, BUT with proper preparation you can Destroy it!

#think30 and wishing all yet to face the DAT Beast the best of luck.

Nancy

Reactions: 1 user