DAT Bootcamp Biology Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalsaurus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask those who have already taken the DAT a question regarding DAT Bootcamp's biology notes.

I'm shooting for a 22 or 23+ on the bio section, and I was wondering if the dat bootcamp notes (aka chapter notes, ~120 pages) are enough to reach this score, or if I'll need to study the dat bootcamp academy notes (~500 pages).

My current plan is to use the dat bootcamp bio notes (100 pg version) and supplement it with bootcamp's quizlet flashcards. Then I'm going to do dat destroyer bio and finish up with bootcamp's full length exams.

Obviously no one can predict what another person will score, but I just wanted to get your input. As I was studying the 500 page version, I felt like it was a little too dense and I can see myself forgetting a lot of the details in the weeks leading up to my exam. If I'm going to be forgetting all the little details in the 500 page version, why not just focus on the 120 page version and supplement it with other resources? It just feels like it might be diminishing returns...

Anyways, thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I used cliff AP bio and the 120 page bootcamp notes. If I had to go back I would have studied the larger set of bio notes (if time permits) then do the 120 page set closer to my exam day.

Reactions: 1 user
I read it twice and I read the ferralis notes twice. I would read the whole thing if I were you. The problem with bio is it encompasses so much material and you just don't know what will show up.

Reactions: 1 user
I used Cliff's AP bio then followed it immediately each day by the corresponding Ferralis note section. I think that every single question I had on the DAT could have been answered with that knowledge.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I read the entire 500 page bootcamp notes and read cliff’s AP Bio although it definitely didn’t cover as much as the Bootcamp notes. I didn’t read feralis as I found it to go too much in depth. Ended up scoring a 30 on the bio section.

Reactions: 4 users
Thank you to everyone who has answered so far. I think I'm going to run through the 120 page version first and follow it with a longer, more in depth study resource.

If anyone would like to input their two cents, feel free to chime in!