DAT bootcamp bio notes vs Dr. Romano Dynamite Bio notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mocizzle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any logical preference of 1 set of notes over the other or any previous posts have covered this topic

thx

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of people say to utilize Destroyer books because they teach you what you need for the bio section. Dr. Romano tailored the Destroyer notes for the Destroyer bio section, so I'd assume his notes are very good at teaching what you need. I've also read a few chapters and they read like he's talking to you. I looked at the new Bootcamp notes the other day, and they seem very choppy like powerpoint slides, and I personally don't like trying to figure out how the concepts connect in that way. I'm sure they're sufficient for the DAT, I just don't like the style they're written in. Also, Dr. Romano has been prepping students well for the DAT for decades, whereas a lot of the BC team are dental students who only made BC I believe 5ish years ago. Not that there's anything wrong with that because many people still do well with Bootcamp. My personal preference is to just be taught by someone who's been doing it for a while. However, you should figure out how you learn best. Maybe skim the first few chapters of each.

Reactions: 1 user
I prefer the bootcamp notes because they are a lot more organized.

Dynamite Bio is all over the place.

However, if possible your best bet is utilizing both.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am utilizing both. However, I have more confidence in Feralis Notes since I've read over 20 DAT breakdowns saying that's what they used and they scared very well. While Feralis Notes might be a bit dry, at the end of the day I know it'll get the job done. Romano's notes have just been out for a couple months and albeit he's an incredible professor, I don't have much to go off just yet. So from that, I decided to use both resources to supplement one another, which I think would be a great combination. Good luck.

Where can I access Romano's Bio notes?? I have the new Bootcamp Bio notes and have started reading those, but would love to compare to, or supplement with, the other alternative!

Where can I access Romano's Bio notes?? I have the new Bootcamp Bio notes and have started reading those, but would love to compare to, or supplement with, the other alternative!
if you search for the destroyer facebook group, they will be under files in that group