DAT Booster: Extra questions vs Practice questions difficulty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrapperCrops

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have gone over all the extra questions that were provided for DAT Booster. I am going to do the practice questions soon (40 question increments.) I read on the website that the practice questions are more representative of the DAT, not the extra questions. For those who have already done both, were the extra questions harder, or the practice questions harder? Or were they about the same in terms of difficulty? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The practice questions were much harder IMO, but they helped point out areas that were still my weakness. For example, on QR I realized that I was still not comfortable with some probability questions. Even though my real DAT did not have questions as difficult as the ones on the extra practice, it helped me pinpoint weak area(s)!

Reactions: 1 user
I found that redoing extra questions over and over for me was really helpful. For example, I was really bad at math, for both calculations for GC and qr, and doing them over and over again got me really confident, and I eventually learned all the question types that could be asked. And once you know how to do this question types, you don't really need to know how to do use your brain to problem solve, just follow what you have done before. But the question for practice were definitely harder, but the range of difficulty for dat questions is so large, from the easiest questions to multi-step calculation problems, I really can't say which one is more representative. I guess only thing I can say confidently is that doing both on DATbooster really prepares you.