This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

es11722

Reaction score
Hello all!
I’ve just gotten involved on SDN and have been reading everyone’s dat success stories and feel more motivated that ever. Of course, like every other normal person on earth, I’m still anxious about the DAT.
I’ve been studying since May 1st (My actual exam is on August 17th) and I’ve been doing roughly 6 hours a day of studies. I’ve been using Bootcamp, Cliffs AP Bio and Ferralis mostly and I’ve just started using DAT Destroyer 2018 a week ago.
I have yet to take a full length (first one next Friday!!) or any of the math/orgo practice tests yet but my practice scores for the first 5 exams for Bio, GC, Reading and PA are as followed:

Bio: 23,21,22,24,20
Gc: 22,17,22,20,19
Reading: 23,23,23,21,24
PA: 20,19,18,18,19
Math: no exams taken yet
Orgo: no exams taken yet

My main concern is math. Never have I been a stellar math student and I’m hoping you guys can give me some tips.

Any advice for further studying or any encouragement you’d like to give id greatly appreciate for my confidence sake!! Appreciate all of you and wish us all nothing but the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all!
I’ve just gotten involved on SDN and have been reading everyone’s dat success stories and feel more motivated that ever. Of course, like every other normal person on earth, I’m still anxious about the DAT.
I’ve been studying since May 1st (My actual exam is on August 17th) and I’ve been doing roughly 6 hours a day of studies. I’ve been using Bootcamp, Cliffs AP Bio and Ferralis mostly and I’ve just started using DAT Destroyer 2018 a week ago.
I have yet to take a full length (first one next Friday!!) or any of the math/orgo practice tests yet but my practice scores for the first 5 exams for Bio, GC, Reading and PA are as followed:

Bio: 23,21,22,24,20
Gc: 22,17,22,20,19
Reading: 23,23,23,21,24
PA: 20,19,18,18,19
Math: no exams taken yet
Orgo: no exams taken yet

My main concern is math. Never have I been a stellar math student and I’m hoping you guys can give me some tips.

Any advice for further studying or any encouragement you’d like to give id greatly appreciate for my confidence sake!! Appreciate all of you and wish us all nothing but the best.
The 2019/2020 Math Destroyer (not the QR section in DAT destroyer) Is what I used plus Orgomans videos for certain concepts that I struggled with like probability. I went through the Math destroyer basically two times. The first pass I did each test timed. I didn’t cut myself off at a limit, but wanted to see how long the 40 questions took. I then went through and reviewed the questions I got wrong, and the ones I struggled with that took me a long time. I made sure I knew how to do that type of problem (shared work, cards from a deck, etc.) not just this particular problem. The second time through I only did the problems I missed or struggled with. I also watched videos when I consistently kept missing certain problems.

Every question on my real DAT I had seen before in the Math Destroyer, just with different values and a different story. Because I had practiced and seen the problems before I didn’t have to waste time trying to figure out how to set up each problem either. Finished with about 7 minutes left and ended up getting a 30 in QR. Just be familiar with the different problem types in Math Destroyer and know how to quickly set up the problems

Reactions: 1 user