dansko clogs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sledge2005 said:
DANSKO'S SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Although, dankso's did come in handy once in the OR when blood was splashed on them b/c it was easy to rub off. Whereas, had I been in my sneakers, it might have soaked through, eewwwww.

you weren't wearing shoe covers in the or?

Members don't see this ad.

Rockports all the way. Even their dress shoes are comfy enough to stand in all day.

I've heard through the grapevine that you aren't allowed to wear shoes that don't have heels on the wards? Is this true in most hospitals? Has anyone had a problem with clogs?

Members don't see this ad :)
docchick said:
I've heard through the grapevine that you aren't allowed to wear shoes that don't have heels on the wards? Is this true in most hospitals? Has anyone had a problem with clogs?
Yeah, flip-flops are out of the question!

Andrew_Doan said:
I have two pairs. They are great for the OR too. I wear mine every day.

You can find great deals on the Dansko Outlet site: http://www.danskooutlet.com/

I purchased my clogs for less than $70. Retail is over $120. ;)

I looked at the Dansko Outlet and it seems like they have good deals. I was wondering though,bec. they say that since the shoes are handmade, you have to try them on to see which pair works for your feet. Is that true? I'm just worried that if I buy them online that the fit might not be the best, or maybe there is not much variation in them to worry about???
thanks!

Also,I just saw that they dont have a wide selection of sizes on the Dansko Outlet website....
Are there any other good places for buying cheap Dansko's???

Thought I would throw in my $0.2. I love Merrel clogs and have worn them for many years. Recently I started putting an insole in them made by SuperFeet. Superfeet insoles rock and I now use them everwhere, running shoes, ski boots. So no matter what shoe you end up with consider a pair of superfeet too, get'em at REI.

I got a pair of Danskos for the clinics because everybody is always raving about how comfortable they are, and like a few other people on here they just kill my feet. I can only wear them about twenty minutes or so. I tried several different types of shoes and finally got some Eccos. They are pricey ($150!) but it is worth it for my feet not to hurt.

beary said:
I got a pair of Danskos for the clinics because everybody is always raving about how comfortable they are, and like a few other people on here they just kill my feet. I can only wear them about twenty minutes or so. I tried several different types of shoes and finally got some Eccos. They are pricey ($150!) but it is worth it for my feet not to hurt.

Danskos feel great on my feet, but I think that has something to do with the fact that I have high arches - the shoes have a built-in arch support. For the poster looking for Dansko deals, do a quick search on eBay. I bought mine for $70 (with s/h included) and they had been previously worn for only several days. To get a feel for your size, go to a specialty shoe store and try them on. They're in European sizes (I think 7.5 US womens = 38.5 Euro womens).