Dancing Videos and "Surgery" centers in Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dchz

Avoiding the Dunning-Kruger
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't know how no one has posted this yet, but a dermatologist performing liposuctions and cosmetic surgeries had someone die.

Woman left brain damaged after cosmetic surgery

Anyone in the state could chime in on this? this seems to ridiculous to be real.

Apparently anyone in Georgia could offer liposcutions? where do i take these courses? Who needs GI procedures when you have this cash cow?'

Edited 06/18/2018:
This thread has derailed into a discussion about race and medicine. While I found it therapeutic to actually voice some of my thoughts. I also want to take this time to draw attention to an organization for those that really want to make a difference.

Big Brothers and Big Sisters of America.
Volunteer and help an underprivileged child today.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
From another article about the malpractice suits:
‘During her procedure on Feb 18, 2016, Cornelius was not intubated, and did not receive general anesthesia. She was given a cocktail of drugs, including propofol and fentanyl. The lawsuit claimed no end-tidal CO2 monitoring equipment was used during the procedure. In deposition Boutte said staff contracted to administer anesthesia did not think end-tidal CO2 monitoring was necessary”..........”Cornelius went into cardiac arrest while Boutte was sewing her tummy tuck incision. Her certified registered nurse anesthetist who was monitoring Cornelius’ vitals had already left the room”.
I hope both these idiots pay, and pay big.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus I just clicked on the link and watched her videos in the OR. I’m speechless.

Well i
‘During her procedure on Feb 18, 2016, Cornelius was not intubated, and did not receive general anesthesia. She was given a cocktail of drugs, including propofol and fentanyl. The lawsuit claimed no end-tidal CO2 monitoring equipment was used during the procedure. In deposition Boutte said staff contracted to administer anesthesia did not think end-tidal CO2 monitoring was necessary”..........”Cornelius went into cardiac arrest while Boutte was sewing her tummy tuck incision. Her certified registered nurse anesthetist who was monitoring Cornelius’ vitals had already left the room”.
Well i’m pretty sure the idiot that left the room and didn’t think ETCO2 was necessary is also in the video shown dancing and pointing. Just a hunch.

Reactions: 5 users
Wow. I immediately thought of the other Doc I read about years ago. Dr. Dodd who was an ER doc and had two patients die in her care. She was mentioned in the article and when I googled her, apparently she lost three of her licenses but the murder charges were dropped by the DA.

I totally was wondering if they were doing these procedures under heavy sedation without a doc/CRNA, but then I clicked on the dancing video.
They both need to lose their licenses and possibly face criminal charges. Wonder why the CRNA was not named in the suit/article? Maybe they are and not just in this article.

I honestly felt sick to my stomach reading and watching that. To lure innocent patients into such a dangerous situation with total disregard for their safety, it's terrible. So tragic but not surprising that when things went bad, they were totally unprepared.

Not a big fan of these witchhunts in general but that is pretty egregious

Reactions: 2 users
This is shameful. Hopefully this will lead to more patient awareness about unqualified practitioners doing budget cosmetic surgery...

What is shameful is that she still has a medical license after those Youtube intraop videos.

Reactions: 9 users
It’s so ridiculous I wouldn’t believe it if it wasn’t documented

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know how no one has posted this yet, but a dermatologist performing liposuctions and cosmetic surgeries had someone die.

Woman left brain damaged after cosmetic surgery

Anyone in the state could chime in on this? this seems to ridiculous to be real.

Apparently anyone in Georgia could offer liposcutions? where do i take these courses? Who needs GI procedures when you have this cash cow?

Nothing to see here guys. Just two healthcare providers practicing at the top of their licenses.

Reactions: 17 users
From article

"She never got the chance to wear her wedding dress, or get married. After a more than eight-hour procedure, Cornelius’ heart stopped. She suffered permanent brain damage and will need care for the rest of her life."

"During her procedure on Feb. 18, 2016, Cornelius was not intubated, and did not receive general anesthesia. She was given a cocktail of drugs, including Propofol and fentanyl. The lawsuit claimed no end-tidal CO2 monitoring equipment was used during the procedure. In deposition Boutte said staff contracted to administer anesthesia did not think end-tidal CO2 monitoring was necessary. "

"Boutte does not have hospital admitting privileges, and her Lilburn office is not a licensed surgery center. In deposition Boutte said she did not have her facility certified, as suggested by the Georgia Composite Medical Board.

Cornelius went into cardiac arrest while Boutte was sewing her tummy tuck incision. Her certified registered nurse anesthetist who was monitoring Cornelius’ vitals had already left the room."

8 hour mac case? CRNA left room prior to closing incisions? No CO2 monitoring necessary? Either derm is lying to cover her bottom or that nurse had no idea what they were doing. No admitting privilege if anything went wrong? Both of these dumba**es should be jailed but not before they lose their licences and are dragged out by the media.

My guess is they would have a real hard time finding any anesthesiologist who would go for this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Elective cosmetic surgery is one of the most dangerous procedures a patient can choose to undergo.

Elective cosmetic surgery is one of the most dangerous procedures a patient can choose to undergo.
FTFY.

In 200 years, we will look back at today's barbaric methods with the same disdain we think about bloodletting or barber surgeons today.

My guess is they would have a real hard time finding any anesthesiologist who would go for this.
That was my thought exactly. I highly doubt any legitimate anesthesiologist would work with her. If they did and they saw this it would have been the end of that. But I could be wrong, there are even some desperate ANESTHESIOLOGISTS as well with poor judgement.

Because corners are often cut in the name of the almighty dollar.

I don't want to sit on my high horse, but I can't understand anyone being in that situation and not speaking up. The whole situation looks totally wrong and I am sure it felt wrong. I would presume that ones that did speak up where soon looking for employment...but you think that would make for an easy court case. I personally like a relaxed environment, but that is totally lacking in respect for a fellow man/woman.

Reactions: 4 users
FTFY.

In 200 years, we will look back at today's barbaric methods with the same disdain we think about bloodletting or barber surgeons today.

Yes I can imagine our great-grandchildren saying, “They used to do what!!????”

I don't want to sit on my high horse, but I can't understand anyone being in that situation and not speaking up. The whole situation looks totally wrong and I am sure it felt wrong. I would presume that ones that did speak up where soon looking for employment...but you think that would make for an easy court case. I personally like a relaxed environment, but that is totally lacking in respect for a fellow man/woman.
Let me say this: if someone were to perform a life saving intervention on me i would not care if they tatooed my liver or teabagged me and post it all over the internet.

On the other hand an 8h office surgery with no proper equipement is an automatic bullet to the head to all parties involved in my book.

Reactions: 8 users
Let me say this: if someone were to perform a life saving intervention on me i would not care if they tatooed my liver or teabagged me and post it all over the internet.

On the other hand an 8h office surgery with no proper equipement is an automatic bullet to the head to all parties involved in my book.

We talking earl grey or what

Reactions: 9 users

Yeah agree, total lack of professionalism and judgement here. It is wrong on so many levels.

Not exactly. You can report someone to your state Medical board anonymously. Just tag the videos to your report. It’s easy to report without being identified. I’m just shocked that nobody did this in her arena. Did they all think it was cute?

Ok, we get the point but!

upload_2018-5-24_21-15-55.png

Edit: I just realized someone posted this same exact image up above... :(

Dude,you could be sitting on a Shetland pony in two feet of mud and still be head and shoulders above this douchebag

No worries. I think this one might be more apt:
Cornelius went into cardiac arrest while Boutte was sewing her tummy tuck incision. Her certified registered nurse anesthetist who was monitoring Cornelius’ vitals had already left the room

crnaweek.png

View attachment 234550

Edit: I just realized someone posted this same exact image up above... :(

Reactions: 13 users
No worries. I think this one might be more apt:
Cornelius went into cardiac arrest while Boutte was sewing her tummy tuck incision. Her certified registered nurse anesthetist who was monitoring Cornelius’ vitals had already left the room

View attachment 234595

I just saw a Zdogg MD video where he was saying the "anesthesiologist" in her video was the perfect hype man. Great. Everybody, including other MDs, thinks it's an anesthesiologist in the video. Joan Rivers, Michael Jackson, now this surgery center.. we always get blamed for everything even if it's not us.

I just saw a Zdogg MD video where he was saying the "anesthesiologist" in her video was the perfect hype man. Great. Everybody, including other MDs, thinks it's an anesthesiologist in the video. Joan Rivers, Michael Jackson, now this surgery center.. we always get blamed for everything even if it's not us.
We didn't get blamed for MJ. If anything, people now know how important is to have an anesthesiologist when getting propofol.

Otherwise, it's pretty true: when in doubt, just blame anesthesia.

Blame-Anesthesia-Algorithm.jpg

http://gomerblog.com/2014/06/anesthesia/

Reactions: 6 users
What is shameful is that she still has a medical license after those Youtube intraop videos.

Welcome to liberal America. If you revoked her medical license people would be crying racism

Welcome to liberal America. If you revoked her medical license people would be crying racism

As a black woman I take offense to that.

It’s about professionalism and practicing outside of her scope here. Nothing to do with racism.

Cut the crap. Liberal or not, we can all agree that she needs not practice medicine at all.

Reactions: 12 users
She is guilty of unprofessional behavior. But lets not throw the baby out with the bathe water. Complications happen. Why did the crna leave the room if end of surgery was not complete? Why is she doing 8 hr surgeries in her office. Sounds like someone who is pushing the limits of her practice.

Reactions: 6 users
Oh, please! Stop being offended. That's what brought Trump to power.

I disagree 100% with that poster. But the main problem of our society is not racism etc., it's not being able to have a free (speech) conversation about our problems, without anybody "taking offense".

She is guilty of unprofessional behavior. But lets not throw the baby out with the bathe water. Complications happen. Why did the crna leave the room if end of surgery was not complete? Why is she doing 8 hr surgeries in her office. Sounds like someone who is pushing the limits of her practice.

Practicing at the top of their license. No ETCO2. In fact, no monitoring needed.

Oh, please! Stop being offended. That's what brought Trump to power.

I disagree 100% with that poster. But the main problem of our society is not racism etc., it's not being able to have a free (speech) conversation about our problems, without anybody "taking offense".

Well, it’s very offensive to put such a blanket statement on it.

Well my free speech and free will allows me to be offended with such ******ed and stereotypical statements.

Who the hell are you yo tell me how to feel?

Oh and the reason Trump got elected is because a good number of White people started fearing their loss of power in this country and because we have an ancient electoral college system that was created at the time to keep said White peoples in power.

Give me a break.

Reactions: 3 users

Well my free speech and free will allows me to be offended with such ******ed and stereotypical statements.

Oh and the reason Trump got elected is because a good number of White people started fearing their loss of power in this country and because we have an ancient electoral college system that was created at the time to keep said White peoples in power.

Give me a break.
So what if it's offensive (to you)? Shutting him up will change his mind, will make this country (or forum) a better place? Or will it just sweep the garbage under the carpet until the next election? Just grow up and contradict him with proof, instead of complaining how it makes you "feel". Try to change his mind, like @Twiggidy.

A lot of whites voted with Trump for reasons unrelated to racism. I have been a minority of some kind my entire life, but I grew up in a country where the majority was not muzzled, hence I know exactly how they think (i.e. they are tired of all the whining about rights, and the paranoia). And I am telling you: the best way to push somebody away from the center is to punish him for his free speech. We need to learn to agree to disagree in a civilized (American) way.

Stop being so sensitive. And racist. Your blanket statements are not better than AB1's. When the electoral system was created, blacks didn't even have voting rights, hence it was not about blacks (or whites). It was about more populated vs less populated states, as it is today.

And before you put a label on me, too, let me tell you: I am on your side.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what if it's offensive (to you)? Shutting him up will change his mind, will make this country (or forum) a better place? Or will it just sweep the garbage under the carpet until the next election? Just grow up and contradict him with proof, instead of complaining how it makes you "feel".

A lot of whites voted with Trump for reasons unrelated to racism. I have been a minority of some kind my entire life, but I grew up in a country where the majority was not muzzled, hence I know exactly how they think (i.e. they are tired of all the whining and paranoia). And I am telling you: the best way to push somebody away from the center is to punish him for his free speech.

Stop being so sensitive. And racist. Your blanket statements are not better than AB1's. When the electoral system was created, blacks didn't even have voting rights, hence it was not about blacks (or whites). It was about more populated vs less populated states, as it is today. ;)
Black slaves where counted as something like 1/3rd of people when the electoral college was created.

Me being offended is most likely not gonna shut anyone up on an Internet forum or likely even in the real world. It most likely will create a heated debate that keeps going and going and going. I am allowed to be offended just as much as he is allowed to spew whatever stupid blanket statements he made.

You notice I said a “good number of White people” and not “all white people” but yeah, go ahead and call me racist. I have been called worse and it won’t be the last time.

Black slaves where counted as something like 1/3rd of people when the electoral college was created.

Me being offended is most likely not gonna shut anyone up on an Internet forum or likely even in the real world. It most likely will create a heated debate that keeps going and going and going. I am allowed to be offended just as much as he is allowed to spew whatever stupid blanket statements he made.

You notice I said a “good number of White people” and not “all white people” but yeah, go ahead and call me racist. I have been called worse and it won’t be the last time.
We have all been called stuff, especially on anonymous Internet forums. I exaggerated on purpose, and I apologize for that.

I don't have anything against you (or the groups you belong to). I am just overly sensitive to people being overly sensitive (i.e. PC). It pushes the country towards autocracy. We should all develop thicker skins and stop complaining about how we "feel". Almost everybody belongs to some special group and feels occasionally less than equal with others. But the solution is not limiting free speech. It won't fix anything. It will just make "them" more bitter. and angry.

Give me a break.
trump only won because hillary was such an atrocious candidate, it took a lot of work to be a worse candidate than Trump but she managed to pull it off

I actually agree with you that it was silly for the other poster to assume this doc still has a license because of racism accusation fears

Reactions: 3 users

It’s about professionalism and practicing outside of her scope here. Nothing to do with racism.

Cut the crap. Liberal or not, we can all agree that she needs not practice medicine at all.

My apologies

Honestly as a person of color. I want to know your opinions racist or not. I think people are too afraid to discuss how race impacts the working environment. In the military I wished my colleagues at least expressed curiosity as to how race impacts the workplace. We exist in a world that does not understand or expreses little curiosity in learning racial perspective. To the younger generation this doctor dancing in the operating room was “keeping it real”. Albeit amongst her community of peers it’s outside the norms of practice. Im more concerned about outcomes. How many malpractice claims has this Dr had also are her patients satisfied with her care. Show me a harm rate thats above the average.

She paid out about $1M for each of 3 cases, in less than 6 months. To me, that's waaay above average harm rate, especially for a non-acute care physician.

She paid out about $1M for each of 3 cases, in less than 6 months. To me, that's waaay above average harm rate, especially for a non-acute care physician.

No kidding. This is a dermatologist playing plastic surgeon. To have such disastrous outcomes, it is obvious she is not practicing at a level remotely close to standard of care

trump only won because hillary was such an atrocious candidate, it took a lot of work to be a worse candidate than Trump but she managed to pull it off

I actually agree with you that it was silly for the other poster to assume this doc still has a license because of racism accusation fears

As atrocious as she was she still won the popular vote which doesn’t mean crap in this country with its winner take all the state votes electoral college system.

They were both atrocious. Let’s be real on that.