DO d

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOnutsfordonuts

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
d

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm not an expert on here, but here's my $0.02. I would suggest that you apply next cycle after you improve your grades (>3.7 Grad GPA). Your MCAT score is good for most DO schools though, and according to the wise Goro, they reward reinvention (which will be great if you perform well in your Master's program). Get >3.7 on file against next cycle, and apply broadly, and you should receive interviews. Good luck OP! :)

Oh and make sure you get that DO to write a letter for you.

You should be able to receive interviews at some DO schools and I suggest all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
ICOM
BCOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
Apply this month and submit all your secondaries by August.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not an expert on here, but here's my $0.02. I would suggest that you apply next cycle after you improve your grades (>3.7 Grad GPA). Your MCAT score is good for most DO schools though, and according to the wise Goro, they reward reinvention (which will be great if you perform well in your Master's program). Get >3.7 on file against next cycle, and apply broadly, and you should receive interviews. Good luck OP! :)

Oh and make sure you get that DO to write a letter for you.
I have two amazing DO letters of recs! Thank you so much for your input!

What was your GPA the first time? Was it below 3.0 in either cumulative or science? If so, since you got up over that filter that will help a lot.

What happened with CARS, especially in context of your other section scores being very good. Is English your second language?

Your cGPA and sGPA are both above the screening cutoff for many schools. Your extra EC's and a good MCAT score of 507 should help you this time. Apply to all the schools I listed.

Reactions: 1 user
GPA first time was 2.99 (or so) cum 3.02 science. CARS is not my second language, it was honestly super super weird because I scored 129+ on both of the AAMC FLs.
Maybe just a bad day. But anyway since you got past the magic 3.0 screening mark now, you should have a much better chance. Congratulations on improving!

Reactions: 1 user