Cyclopentolate - I need your help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LUBDUBB

Freakaholic
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Question for you guys.

My quick history : myope (-7.50 OU), occ. SCL wearer, have had glasses since very young, have been dilated many times before, but never cyclopleged.

Two weeks ago I was cyclopleged with 1 drop cyclopentolate right eye. During the two days of full dilation, I felt a mild persistant ache in my right eye. After 48 hrs, the pupil began to constrict and accomodation returned to normal. Now, the pupil has still not returned to its original size and remains ~1mm larger than the fellow pupil. Today, pupils are equally reactive, although a few days ago, swinging flashlight revealed that the affected pupil may have still had a weak constricting response.

Furthermore, I have always been very observant (bord.obsessive/compulsive) of my eyes and am therefore confident that this is not physiological anisocoria.

I am sure it was Cyclopentolate, not Atropine. I do not take any other drops or meds.

I'm starting to get really paranoid now and have even convinced myself that my RUL feels "heavy".

I would really appreciate any feedback or advice anything.

Thanks A Lot Guys!

~Lubdubb

Members don't see this ad.

LUBDUBB said:
Hi all, Question for you guys.

My quick history : myope (-7.50 OU), occ. SCL wearer, have had glasses since very young, have been dilated many times before, but never cyclopleged.

Two weeks ago I was cyclopleged with 1 drop cyclopentolate right eye. During the two days of full dilation, I felt a mild persistant ache in my right eye. After 48 hrs, the pupil began to constrict and accomodation returned to normal. Now, the pupil has still not returned to its original size and remains ~1mm larger than the fellow pupil. Today, pupils are equally reactive, although a few days ago, swinging flashlight revealed that the affected pupil may have still had a weak constricting response.

Furthermore, I have always been very observant (bord.obsessive/compulsive) of my eyes and am therefore confident that this is not physiological anisocoria.

I am sure it was Cyclopentolate, not Atropine. I do not take any other drops or meds.

I'm starting to get really paranoid now and have even convinced myself that my RUL feels "heavy".

I would really appreciate any feedback or advice anything.

Thanks A Lot Guys!

~Lubdubb

If you're really concerned, go get an eye exam but I would say try to forget about it. If you're checking your own pupils in a mirror, you'll get screwy results because you're accommodating.