Cycloketocaine... (NCAA Football rambling thread)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a feeling that game was the highlight of our season...and it will be downhill from here.

Man...I called it. We will probably get beat by WVU...although we have a shot against OSU since its at home.

We don't get called Choklahoma for nuttin!

Members don't see this ad.

Landthieves over couchburners.

But y'all got baylro ..... easy win.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Man...I called it. We will probably get beat by WVU...although we have a shot against OSU since its at home.

We don't get called Choklahoma for nuttin!

WVU's team is in shambles due to interpersonal lockerroom sleepin' with my babymomma drama between some of the stars on offense.

They couldn't beat Baylor or Texas at this point. They are a different team than they were in September.

Really louisville ..

this is why no one respects the big east. and for good reason.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, they'll (Bama) wake up in the second half. No way that Saban lets A&M beat him

I needed a beta blocker drip for the past 4 hours.... surprised I didn't stroke out.

Alabama can still make it to the BCS championship game. They only have one loss

My life span reduced by 3.5 years today.

How long before the SEC adopt up tempo offense?

They better learn to defend it.

Gawd.....SC loses

LSU squeaks by....

Cyclo vs. Mikey .....where's the trash talking mud slinging...

What a weekend...

U of NJ and MD to Big10?

What a weekend...

U of NJ and MD to Big10?

Yuck...no thanks. I liked being a Midwest conference....plus penn state. Can we have Norte Dame, Kansas St, or Mizzou instead?

What would they gain by adding those schools in terms of TV market compared to Rutgers and MD? Maybe KC and SL. But NY and DC/BMore are better markets. I do believe Mizzou was once turned down.

What would they gain by adding those schools in terms of TV market compared to Rutgers and MD? Maybe KC and SL. But NY and DC/BMore are better markets. I do believe Mizzou was once turned down.

True, but I am not looking at it from that side of things. Obviously from a financial side it makes more sense....which is the bottom line when all is said and done.

They added Nebraska last year and that probably only added that TV market, which is relatively small compared to a lot of other areas. Nebraska fits in with the Big10 and adds good competition.

Well....Nebraska fits...I guess. Not sure they meet the academic criteria as an AAU member...and the TV market.

SEC pick up of Texas A&M has been the best move by far.

TCU and WVU in Big12 ...the biggest bonehead deal of all.

Well....Nebraska fits...I guess. Not sure they meet the academic criteria as an AAU member...and the TV market.

SEC pick up of Texas A&M has been the best move by far.

TCU and WVU in Big12 ...the biggest bonehead deal of all.

lmfao...yeah, ok... :rolleyes:

WVU has 3 BCS wins in very recent history. Like last year. I think TAMU limped to one back in like '98 or something and got stomped. TCU long term is iffy...but WVU is a top 15 program in all-time wins. TAMU isn't even on my radar.

I won't even talk basketball, you'd just embarrass yourself.

TV markets are so 2003.

We are approaching a time of cord cutters and live streaming. In 20 years, the Big Ten won't be worth ****. Programming will be a la carte via internet stream subscriptions and the good people of Chicago, Philly, DC, and NYC won't be forced to subsidize that ****.

College presidents can't see the forest for the green. The SEC and the Big 12 got it right (except for TCU and Missouri, but, whatever..). To hell with markets, they just want teams that will bring interest. And when you only get money from people that want to watch you play...that's all that will matter.

I hope the Big Ten locks themselves into a dying content delivery model with two very average programs who happen to be in big media markets. They may add UNC and GT, too. The SEC will gobble up VPI and NC State. The Big 12 can get their choice of FSU, Clem, Pitt, and Louisville.

lmfao...yeah, ok... :rolleyes:

WVU has 3 BCS wins in very recent history. Like last year. I think TAMU limped to one back in like '98 or something and got stomped. TCU long term is iffy...but WVU is a top 15 program in all-time wins. TAMU isn't even on my radar.

I won't even talk basketball, you'd just embarrass yourself.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_win-loss_records

#24 and #25.

TAMU I believe went to the tournament 5 straight years...last 6 years.

Let's revisit this when WVU is a full fledge member of the Big12... Has WVU gotten a pay out of the LHN? Oh wait...:smuggrin:

PAGE 100 BIATCHES
:smuggrin:

TV markets are so 2003.

We are approaching a time of cord cutters and live streaming. In 20 years, the Big Ten won't be worth ****. Programming will be a la carte via internet stream subscriptions and the good people of Chicago, Philly, DC, and NYC won't be forced to subsidize that ****.

College presidents can't see the forest for the green. The SEC and the Big 12 got it right (except for TCU and Missouri, but, whatever..). To hell with markets, they just want teams that will bring interest. And when you only get money from people that want to watch you play...that's all that will matter.

I hope the Big Ten locks themselves into a dying content delivery model with two very average programs who happen to be in big media markets. They may add UNC and GT, too. The SEC will gobble up VPI and NC State. The Big 12 can get their choice of FSU, Clem, Pitt, and Louisville.

Unfortunately today isn't 20 years from now.
All that streaming is only as good as ESPN will allow. Just ask Longhorns fans who's only watched 5 games this season...:smuggrin:

PAGE 100 BIATCHES
:smuggrin:

All that streaming is only as good as ESPN will allow. Just ask Longhorns fans who's only watched 5 games this season...:smuggrin:

Damn you...I wanted page 100!

It won't even be 20 years. Probably 7-10. And this isn't just sports. There is a seismic shift occurring right now in media content delivery. Netflix, Hulu, etc. Some day soon, ESPN will offer their family of networks via an internet stream subscription. And when that happens, cable subscriptions will drop precipitously. If I could get ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU on internet stream with the ability to add a la carte some channels like AMC and FX and regional sports channels on a service like Netflix, I would cancel my cable. Throw an HD antennae on my roof and get the broadcast channels for free. And the technology is there. Netflix streams in perfect 1080p. With internet TVs and devices like Roku out there making this content delivery seamless ans intuitive, is very easy to see where things are going.

The end of a distinct "cable" and "internet" service. Cable is an duplicative and unneeded service. It will die soon. Old people will cling to their cable boxes, sure, but everyone else under the age of 50? It's clear where the future lies.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_win-loss_records

#24 and #25.

TAMU I believe went to the tournament 5 straight years...last 6 years.

Let's revisit this when WVU is a full fledge member of the Big12... Has WVU gotten a pay out of the LHN? Oh wait...:smuggrin:

I said wins, dummy, learn to read. Hit that "wins" arrow and WVU is #14.

WVU is getting more money than they did in the Big East, even with the buyout and buyin factored in. No idea what he issue with the Longhorn Network is you are rambling about. It's their tier 3 network. WVU has nothing to do with it. WVU has one, too, actually. They get like 6 million a year from some company and that company lets Root Sports Pittsburgh broadcasts all of their tier 3 games. Its available nationally on DirecTV. So far the move has been great. I have no complaints. I know your team used to be in the Big 12 and they have some weird ex girlfriend hatred of the conference. That's fine, I guess. I personally don't really care. TAMU is in the SEC. WVU is in the Big 12. Whatever.

It won't even be 20 years. Probably 7-10. And this isn't just sports. There is a seismic shift occurring right now in media content delivery. Netflix, Hulu, etc. Some day soon, ESPN will offer their family of networks via an internet stream subscription. And when that happens, cable subscriptions will drop precipitously. If I could get ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU on internet stream with the ability to add a la carte some channels like AMC and FX and regional sports channels on a service like Netflix, I would cancel my cable. Throw an HD antennae on my roof and get the broadcast channels for free. And the technology is there. Netflix streams in perfect 1080p. With internet TVs and devices like Roku out there making this content delivery seamless ans intuitive, is very easy to see where things are going.

The end of a distinct "cable" and "internet" service. Cable is an duplicative and unneeded service. It will die soon. Old people will cling to their cable boxes, sure, but everyone else under the age of 50? It's clear where the future lies.

In broadcast utopia maybe.

But where there is money, the biggest and the powerful will dictate how we access entertainment.

Unfortunately those 50 year olds with cable boxes will be around 30 more years with 95inch flat screens. And they're a big media market.

To face palm them would be mistake in thinking.

I said wins, dummy, learn to read. Hit that "wins" arrow and WVU is #14.

WVU is getting more money than they did in the Big East, even with the buyout and buyin factored in. No idea what he issue with the Longhorn Network is you are rambling about. It's their tier 3 network. WVU has nothing to do with it. WVU has one, too, actually. They get like 6 million a year from some company and that company lets Root Sports Pittsburgh broadcasts all of their tier 3 games. Its available nationally on DirecTV. So far the move has been great. I have no complaints. I know your team used to be in the Big 12 and they have some weird ex girlfriend hatred of the conference. That's fine, I guess. I personally don't really care. TAMU is in the SEC. WVU is in the Big 12. Whatever.

Dood, and WVU has 20 more wins with 24 more games played through 2011.... Wow.. huge difference.
And TAMU was an all male small military school until 1968.

In broadcast utopia maybe.

But where there is money, the biggest and the powerful will dictate how we access entertainment.

Unfortunately those 50 year olds with cable boxes will be around 30 more years with 95inch flat screens. And they're a big media market.

To face palm them would be mistake in thinking.

They will just be paying more money. This is going to be like the transition to HD. My grandma clinged to her old Zenith set from 1987. That's more the "old people" I'm talking about. The demo people want are the 25-49 demographic. Keep that in mind.

The future is the internet stream. Write it down, bookmark it, whatever. To deny to logical evolution that will occur is silly.

Dood, and WVU has 20 more wins with 24 more games played through 2011.... Wow.. huge difference.
And TAMU was an all male small military school until 1968.

...and more importantly...they just ain't WVU.

We could talk basketball, though. Har har. I can throw down **** in the last 6 or so years like Big East Champs, Final Four, 2 Elite 8s, like 4 sweet 16s. TAMU made the tourney? That's nice, kid. I'll pat you on the head.

Bottom line, in recent history, 3 BCS wins vs 0 BCS wins. Final four vs "what the hell is a final four?" There's talk and there's what you actually did.

You could talk baseball smack, but nobody cares. Take that to the wing of discussion where they care about Womens' volleyball or whatever. I don't even know if WVU has a baseball team. I think they started one now that they are in this weird Texas league. Whatever.

They will just be paying more money. This is going to be like the transition to HD. My grandma clinged to her old Zenith set from 1987. That's more the "old people" I'm talking about. The demo people want are the 25-49 demographic. Keep that in mind.

The future is the internet stream. Write it down, bookmark it, whatever. To deny to logical evolution that will occur is silly.

And you think Internet Stream is free?

No denying it's the wave of future. Try streaming ESPN3... right now it has to be tied to a "Cable" account to do so..

ESPN will dictate how you stream and they'll make their money.

...and more importantly...they just ain't WVU.

We could talk basketball, though. Har har. I can throw down **** in the last 6 or so years like Big East Champs, Final Four, 2 Elite 8s, like 4 sweet 16s. TAMU made the tourney? That's nice, kid. I'll pat you on the head.

Bottom line, in recent history, 3 BCS wins vs 0 BCS wins. Final four vs "what the hell is a final four?" There's talk and there's what you actually did.

You could talk baseball smack, but nobody cares. Take that to the wing of discussion where they care about Womens' volleyball or whatever. I don't even know if WVU has a baseball team. I think they started one now that they are in this weird Texas league. Whatever.

don't make fun of our NCAA Bass tourny championship from 5 years ago.

You want to talk recent history?

Good game last night.:smuggrin:

And you think Internet Stream is free?

No denying it's the wave of future. Try streaming ESPN3... right now it has to be tied to a "Cable" account to do so..

ESPN will dictate how you stream and they'll make their money.

It isn't. But you seem to be missing the point. Right now, all of these conference moves by some conferences (ACC, Big 10) are made in order to secure markets. I'm saying that this shift in how content will be delivered will take away the per-subscriber fee that cable providers pass onto their customers.