CVS/pharmacy and Coram - conflict of interest?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hajenkin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if working full-time retail pharmacist (CVS) and part-time home infusion (Coram) is considered a conflict of interest or if it's frowned upon? I'm thinking about applying for the part-time gig, but didn't want to jeopardize anything with my current position. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Isn't Coram owned by CVS? So I would think the conflict of interest wouldn't be a problem - but can imagine it would be super confusing from an HR perspective being that you may already be in their system as a full time employee.

Isn't Coram owned by CVS? So I would think the conflict of interest wouldn't be a problem - but can imagine it would be super confusing from an HR perspective being that you may already be in their system as a full time employee.
It is owned by CVS! I haven't really heard of anyone doing that, so I didn't know if it would be a conflict/issue or frowned upon to work in two different areas of the company.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I worked part time for accredo, I expressed my interest in applying for another job with express scripts. Both owned by Cigna. I asked my boss if i could do both. He was fine with it but he wasn’t sure HR/upper management would allow it since it’s under the same company. Anything over 40hrs would’ve been considered overtime. And of course no one wants to pay that every week. I never got an interview for any full time internal jobs I applied for. So I left when I got an offer with another company.

Reactions: 1 user
When I worked part time for accredo, I expressed my interest in applying for another job with express scripts. Both owned by Cigna. I asked my boss if i could do both. He was fine with it but he wasn’t sure HR/upper management would allow it since it’s under the same company. Anything over 40hrs would’ve been considered overtime. And of course no one wants to pay that every week. I never got an interview for any full time internal jobs I applied for. So I left when I got an offer with another company.
That makes a lot of sense and honestly I can see CVS having the same issue with pay/overtime and everything. Hopefully I can find a way to get into home infusion/specialty somehow, even with a different company.