CVS Hub Pharmacist template

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not complaining, it's made for an entertaining thread!

Its nice to see the varied opinions even if I/you/we vehemently disagree with some of them.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any popular threads about pharmacists going on Covid19 leave for an extended time. There's been a few in my area who've been on leave since the early summer that magically aren't afraid anymore starting this February (you know while the infection rate is at its highest). The leave certainly is not because they wanted to have summer vacation and the holidays off while missing flu season and insurance hell.

You could go on leave but are you gonna get paid? Only weirdos that work to avoid being "bored" and don't need the money but still want to keep their job would go on such indefinite leave

There are limits to COVID-19-specific paid sick leave mandated by FFCRA or at the state or local level. Both in the amount and in the conditions that allow you to invoke that leave.

That leaves your regular PTO banks, though CVS allegedly has "unlimited sick time" there is no way in hell CVS is letting techs or pharmacists invoke that for months due to fake COVID-19 excuses (?)

Members don't see this ad.

Wait. You are telling other people what's important and what's not. That is great but why should your kids be important to them. Their priorities are their priorities. If you are on the clock, if you are on schedule, do the work instead of checking videos of your kids or planning other things.

Maternity or paternity leave is a law. Need or want stuff is their business.

I do work while on the schedule, what do I have to do with anything? My partner has no kids and is slow and lazy. My coworkers tell me my weeks are noticably better. It's the person that matters, not whether they have kids or no kids!

Reactions: 3 users
Isn't it what others have said? That some people are using their kids as an excuse not to pull their weight.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You could go on leave but are you gonna get paid? Only weirdos that work to avoid being "bored" and don't need the money but still want to keep their job would go on such indefinite leave

There are limits to COVID-19-specific paid sick leave mandated by FFCRA or at the state or local level. Both in the amount and in the conditions that allow you to invoke that leave.

That leaves your regular PTO banks, though CVS allegedly has "unlimited sick time" there is no way in hell CVS is letting techs or pharmacists invoke that for months due to fake COVID-19 excuses (?)

In my case, the staff at my store was a super long tenured employee. They had more frozen sick time than my PTO max is, so i assume they got paid for most of their leave between PTO and frozen sick/vacation.

The pharmacist I know who has been off since Covid started is kind of like the pharmacist who this thread was started for. Shes taken max length disability/maternity/fmla for each one of her 3 children across the past 5 years. Which is fine, but she's also pissed and moaned about every PIC shes worked with. You cant turn down every PIC promotion offer you receive, take leave for 70% of the past half decade and still expect anyone to give a damn about your opinion on anything.

Nope sorry. What's so important that you need to do when you get home? Work out, play video games, watch Netflix? These are wants, not needs.

One of you blames other people's kids because you chose to work unpaid overtime, LMAO! Talk about grasping for straws! Don't blame other people for something you chose to do on your own. Is it even legal to work off the clock? I don't think it is!

I love how you guys keep saying "you you you" to me as if I have anything to do with your coworkers too. I don't even work in retail and I work overnight so my schedule never changes because of my kids! I'm working Thanksgiving and Christmas for the next 6 years or so, I'm not complaining or trying to blame others! LoL.
Why are you assuming that non breeders play video games, watch netflix, and work out during time off? Again just highlights how entitled you are; not everyone gives a **** about having a family. People have different priorities.

Again all high and mighty breeder, your time is not more valuable than us "lowly, peon" non breeders

Everyone at my store was a parent just like you wished for.

You guys are so funny! You have no one to blame but yourselves for becoming pharmacists. If you didn't want to work in a store with other co-workers then you should've gotten an office job where you work alone!
So...that’s good? You guys can all deal with each other’s call off bull. And I am fine working in a store with other people but let’s act like adults not the kids you are raising.

So...that’s good? You guys can all deal with each other’s call off bull. And I am fine working in a store with other people but let’s act like adults not the kids you are raising.

There was nothing to deal with LoL. You sound so naive if you think there are no stores staffed with all parents already. You certainly don't sound fine working in a store with other people! You've been complaining for 3 pages now LoL.

Nope sorry. What's so important that you need to do when you get home? Work out, play video games, watch Netflix? These are wants, not needs.

One of you blames other people's kids because you chose to work unpaid overtime, LMAO! Talk about grasping for straws! Don't blame other people for something you chose to do on your own. Is it even legal to work off the clock? I don't think it is!

I love how you guys keep saying "you you you" to me as if I have anything to do with your coworkers too. I don't even work in retail and I work overnight so my schedule never changes because of my kids! I'm working Thanksgiving and Christmas for the next 6 years or so, I'm not complaining or trying to blame others! LoL.
How is that relevant? I could sit at home and pick feces out of my ass and that still doesn’t make my time any less valuable than yours. You having kids is also a “want”, buddy.

Being a parent doesn't make you a bad staff/manager, it's being selfish about your situation that makes you bad.

I worked in a store as the only one without kids and both the other RPH were amazing and we always were flexible with each other.

My first store as PM my staff RPH had a younger child and a stay at home significant other. I let them choose their weekend off in the rotation and they still constantly asked me to cover their weekends, but always had weird stipulations on paying me back for it. I shut that down within a few months, but it just shows that some people are terrible with or without kids.
I don’t think it’s as simple as parent = bad, non parent = good. But in general parents are less flexible and have a lot more demands. Certainly I don’t bemoan all parents but if I had the choice I would always work with a non parent.

How is that relevant? I could sit at home and pick feces out of my ass and that still doesn’t make my time any less valuable than yours. You having kids is also a “want”, buddy.

I recommend you start a movement against parents then!

I'm not complaining, it's made for an entertaining thread!

Its nice to see the varied opinions even if I/you/we vehemently disagree with some of them.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been any popular threads about pharmacists going on Covid19 leave for an extended time. There's been a few in my area who've been on leave since the early summer that magically aren't afraid anymore starting this February (you know while the infection rate is at its highest). The leave certainly is not because they wanted to have summer vacation and the holidays off while missing flu season and insurance hell.
One of my friends timed getting pregnant so she would miss flu season. And no, I’m not actually making this up. She told me she wanted to get pregnant sometime between November and January so she would be off until January. She got pregnant in December.

And yes, covid leave is its own beast that could probably use another thread.

There was nothing to deal with LoL. You sound so naive if you think there are no stores staffed with all parents already. You certainly don't sound fine working in a store with other people! You've been complaining for 3 pages now LoL.
I never said there’s no stores staffed with just parents...? I’m saying I wish that all stores were staffed with either just parents or just not parents so I would not have to deal with bull**** call offs or complaints about not being able to sleep and therefore being unable to work or whatever other garbage excuses I hear from pregnant pharmacists or parents. To your other point, which I’ve already addressed before — you literally attacked me and other non parents saying we are not important so yeah, I’m going to respond to that. I have no issue working with other RPh in one store but I prefer to work with adults not children.

I recommend you start a movement against parents then!

I honestly assumed this existed but a quick google search didn’t turn any up. Shocking. I mean there is a flat earth society but nothing against having children? Wow.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of my friends timed getting pregnant so she would miss flu season. And no, I’m not actually making this up. She told me she wanted to get pregnant sometime between November and January so she would be off until January. She got pregnant in December.

And yes, covid leave is its own beast that could probably use another thread.

So? Some people want to give birth in the spring so they're not stuck inside all winter. I assure you, she is not having a baby for the sole purpose of missing one flu season haha.

An old Rph in our district took the first 3 weeks off each January cause he didn't want to deal with the insurance changes.

Alright let stop this argument and be considerate to our partner wherever we work. I'm a parent too, but I don't bother my partner every time my kids have recital, game, or competition. If I can find coverage or scheduler can find coverage for me then I will go, if not they understand mommy can't be there all the time. I worked with my partner for 4 years and I only asked my partner once to cover 1 shift because I was hospitalized. Other times, it's up to her whether she wants extra money to cover my vacation otherwise scheduler will put a floater in. The same with me, I can pick up extra shift covering some of her vacation or we can have floater. I do know a few pharmacists and have covered shifts for them in the past so I can find coverage easily. Try not to burden your partner, plan your call out with coverage if you can.

Alright let stop this argument and be considerate to our partner wherever we work. I'm a parent too, but I don't bother my partner every time my kids have recital, game, or competition. If I can find coverage or scheduler can find coverage for me then I will go, if not they understand mommy can't be there all the time. I worked with my partner for 4 years and I only asked my partner once to cover 1 shift because I was hospitalized. Other times, it's up to her whether she wants extra money to cover my vacation otherwise scheduler will put a floater in. The same with me, I can pick up extra shift covering some of her vacation or we can have floater. I do know a few pharmacists and have covered shifts for them in the past so I can find coverage easily. Try not to burden your partner, plan your call out with coverage if you can.

I've never asked to switch a shift in the 2.5 years I've worked at my current job. Only call out sick once a year because I'm sick, not cause of my kid.

Reactions: 1 users
1608987760557.png

My God, as your internet psychiatrist, I think we've finally made some progress.

In my case, the staff at my store was a super long tenured employee. They had more frozen sick time than my PTO max is, so i assume they got paid for most of their leave between PTO and frozen sick/vacation.

The pharmacist I know who has been off since Covid started is kind of like the pharmacist who this thread was started for. Shes taken max length disability/maternity/fmla for each one of her 3 children across the past 5 years. Which is fine, but she's also pissed and moaned about every PIC shes worked with. You cant turn down every PIC promotion offer you receive, take leave for 70% of the past half decade and still expect anyone to give a damn about your opinion on anything.

If one were FTE @ 40 hrs a week, to collect 100% income replacement from March 1 to now one would need 1,720 hours of company-provided paid leave. It'd take a while to bank all that time (if even allowed). If you can manage on 50%, then 860 hrs.

If I had that many hrs from the beginning I'd consider invoking self-quarantine (Walmart allows it and it's job protected lol) but I don't have that much so thus keep working.

Preggos like you describe should be banished to the floater pool

I once had a pharmacy manager who- in a 24 month period- worked 4 months but was paid for all 24. Strategically based pregnancies alternating with assorted medical "crises". And it is correct that NO ONE who does that should ever be manager of anything. This manager was also female. And a minority. With this particular company, those things virtually gave her a license to steal. And she knew it.
What does being a minority have to do with it??? Smart Aleck.

Last edited:
not sure if you are trolling or blind lol

Did you see my screenshot? There is no signature. The only thing below the post is report, like, quote, reply buttons.

What does being a minority have to do with it??? Smart Aleck.
Nothing smart involved. My employer was incredibly afraid of both minorities and women due to past lawsuits for discrimination. If you fell into either category- or even better, both- management pretty much considered you untouchable. This is simply a fact.

Some of you people need to read this article:

here

Just because someone is single, no kids, doesn't mean their time is any less important.

Okay I read it, and it's not applicable to this situation. Here are the 4 issues the author goes over:

1. Boss tells employee to do more work cause they're single - they don't.

2. Coworker asks single employee if they can leave early - just say no.

3. Single workers get paid less - they don't. CVS has the same starting pay for all pharmacists regardless of maritial status, kids, race or whatever stereotype you're trying to convey

4. Single person should be able to opt out during pandemic - not applicable as all pharmacists are working.

So I'm not sure what this article has to do with this thread.

• Okay...
Did you see my screenshot? There is no signature. The only thing below the post is report, like, quote, reply buttons.

your screenshot seems to be the same as android so i don't get what you are trying to say

your screenshot seems to be the same as android so i don't get what you are trying to say

I'm saying I don't see anyone's signature. There's no screenshot in my screenshot.

Nothing smart involved. My employer was incredibly afraid of both minorities and women due to past lawsuits for discrimination. If you fell into either category- or even better, both- management pretty much considered you untouchable. This is simply a fact.

That's funny cause it's the complete opposite where I work. White people get away with everything, but minorities get written up and fired for every little thing.

• Okay...
That's funny cause it's the complete opposite where I work. White people get away with everything, but minorities get written up and fired for every little thing.

Walgreens has gotten in trouble multiple times for not having enough diversity in its management structure. Now with their corrective actions it's a big boon to be anything but a straight white male if you are looking at promotions above the store level.

At the store level its totally based on your SM/RXM and their proclivities.

This particular small grocery chain was well known for sexual harassment claims and had some really costly discrimination lawsuits as well. A fear of god was put into management because of this...

It is also possible for huwhites to claim racism too as race is a protected status, not race except huwhite

None of you have signatures.

Assuming this is XenForo (I don't see vBulletin listed anywhere), signatures will not show up on smartphone web browsers unless you view in "desktop mode" and you are logged in

Assuming this is XenForo (I don't see vBulletin listed anywhere), signatures will not show up on smartphone web browsers unless you view in "desktop mode" and you are logged in

I'm on desktop mode. Do you want a screenshot for proof?

After I posted the attached SS, I played around with responsive design mode in Firefox on desktop and user signatures are removed from the mobile UI display after "display width" falls below a certain threshold (I just made those terms up; don't know the actual technical description for effective display width).

This will not occur if the web site is displayed in "desktop" mode

Attachments

• wat_dis.png
    wat_dis.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I responded to this on Leddit

I mean if I could find a way to be on LOA for 41 weeks and get paid 100% for it, I would too

I responded to this on Leddit

I mean if I could find a way to be on LOA for 41 weeks and get paid 100% for it, I would too

It says the first 25 weeks is unpaid?

The OP made an edit that it's ok with the first 25 weeks being unpaid

how many weeks of maternity leave is paid? Is it standard or depends on company ?

Walmart offers 10 weeks of maternity leave (7 day lockout before you are eligible for 100% income replacement from week 2 to 10) and another 6 weeks of "parental pay" at 100% income replacement. You don't have to stack them either (doesn't have to be back-to-back)