CV for ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lefty

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly that we do not turn in a Curriculum Vitae to ERAS? I thought that was required by them previously but I don't see a place to enter it. Do some programs request a copy of your CV separately? Am I blind here? :confused: :confused: :confused:

A little help please... :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Lefty said:
Am I understanding correctly that we do not turn in a Curriculum Vitae to ERAS? I thought that was required by them previously but I don't see a place to enter it. Do some programs request a copy of your CV separately? Am I blind here? :confused: :confused: :confused:

A little help please... :oops:

You're correct -- the profile info you fill out on the ERAS form is pretty much what would be on your CV anyway. By doing it this way they can standardize the way the information is presented to the programs.
I don't think programs will request copies of your CV since the information is already in ERAS, but I'm not certain.

Thanks for the info. I'll quit panicking now. :cool:

If you are on the "Application" menu, you can look left at the Blue buttons...one of them allows you to see your app as a "CV".

Yup...just know that you can't enter hard carriage returns on your CV. You'll see what I mean...just try listing honors/interests/etc. one after another, then look at the CV format.

It's meant to be standardized, but just takes a little while getting used to.

I wonder which format the programs actually look at. To me the plain application looks better than the CV format - the application at least separates each one of the research experiences, publications, etc.

i'd also like to know whether programs see the "my cv" or the "my application" style. all the stuff runs together in the my cv style for me. does anyone know whether the CAF takes HTML formatting? That would be awesome.

They see their own format, which is neither of the ones we get to see, as I understand it. (It's geared more for making comparisons between students, is my understanding.)

You definitely can not use HTML formatting in the CAF, because it will screw up one of these program displays (that you can't see and check!).

It's not ideal, but it's better than paper. :)

I've got the same issues with stuff running together on the CV. Anyone figure out how to prevent the "ERAS Run-Ons"?

Thanks!