CUSOM v. PCOM Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

physgal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Time is a ticking and I need to make some decisions about schools. I interviewed at my in state MD school and would love to go there but the chances of me hearing anytime soon are low. I have received acceptances at CUSOM and PCOM Georgia thus far this cycle.

CUSOM
Pros: Close to home, beautiful facilities, comprehensive board prep, faculty seem extremely invested.
Cons: New school, rural area, mandatory attendance. TBH students seemed a little pretentious.

PCOM Georgia:
Pros: Better Match List, attendance not required, closer to large metropolitan area, students were down to earth.
Cons: Board prep unclear, facilities not as nice,

Is it worth putting down the deposits on both to be considered for scholarships? What are everyones' thoughts on these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I was in the same boat last year deciding between CUSOM and PCOM-GA. I had a similar division of pros and cons and ultimately went with CUSOM. I also factored inslighty cheaper tuition at CUSOM and lower cost of living. After a little over one block of my first year at CUSOM, I love it. The mandatory attendance can get annoying, but the overall atmosphere is unbeatable. The staff and environment are conducive to academic success. The layout of the blocks makes it efficient to learn, prep, and succeed with such a high course load. In hindsight, I truly believe I made the right decision. Hopefully, this can be somewhat helpful in your decision making.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Time is a ticking and I need to make some decisions about schools. I interviewed at my in state MD school and would love to go there but the chances of me hearing anytime soon are low. I have received acceptances at CUSOM and PCOM Georgia thus far this cycle.

CUSOM
Pros: Close to home, beautiful facilities, comprehensive board prep, faculty seem extremely invested.
Cons: New school, rural area, mandatory attendance. TBH students seemed a little pretentious.

PCOM Georgia:
Pros: Better Match List, attendance not required, closer to large metropolitan area, students were down to earth.
Cons: Board prep unclear, facilities not as nice,

Is it worth putting down the deposits on both to be considered for scholarships? What are everyones' thoughts on these schools?
TBH?

Hello, I was in the same boat last year deciding between CUSOM and PCOM-GA. I had a similar division of pros and cons and ultimately went with CUSOM. I also factored inslighty cheaper tuition at CUSOM and lower cost of living. After a little over one block of my first year at CUSOM, I love it. The mandatory attendance can get annoying, but the overall atmosphere is unbeatable. The staff and environment are conducive to academic success. The layout of the blocks makes it efficient to learn, prep, and succeed with such a high course load. In hindsight, I truly believe I made the right decision. Hopefully, this can be somewhat helpful in your decision making.

Yes I'm leaning towards CUSOM if I don't get into Brody

Reactions: 1 user