CurveSetter/mcatprep528

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrPatrickStar

Reaction score
I have not seen a lot of posts about using CurveSetter/Mcatprep528 which I thought was a great foundation for those who want to review content fresh so I'll do a review here.

My first method of studying was reading Kaplan books, doing UWorld questions, and as many practice tests I can. I got a 494 the first time I wrote the test which told me I needed more content review.

Pros

Pacing: The first thing I loved about the course is that it is self-paced and they do give you a schedule of how you should be studying which includes backtracking and reviewing old videos/notes for continuous review. I actually doubled down on the pace they recommended because I wanted to take the MCAT again as quickly as possible before applying.

Content: Kaplan/Princeton will give you practically double the content you actually need to know to take the MCAT which can overwhelm test takers and make them believe there is never enough time to review everything. This course gives you what you need to know and that's it. They highlight what the AAMC expect you to know and will go over all the content that is expected in a detailed but simplified manner.

Price: I think I paid $499 but it is now $399 which is SO MUCH CHEAPER than any other company will give you. Some people require more which I understand but when it comes down to simple content review this is by far the best bang for your buck.

Cons

1. This did not help me with CARS whatsoever. I was always poor in CARS and stayed poor unfortunately and if you choose to buy this course understand that you will probably need another supplement for CARS.

2. For the cheapest package, you don't get any practice material which is understandable but you can upgrade and get Uworld and AAMC content for $799 which is not bad if you are going to buy those already.

3. Some of the physics material was really difficult for me to follow from this so I had to use AAMC practice material to really get it down but it could have been because I prefer a different way to study physics.

Overall

If you buy this course and review all the material you will break 500 easily (which I know was a problem for me and many others) and if you buy practice material and CARS supplements then you should get a high score in what I think would be the fastest time. It took me less than a month to finish the course and leave me with enough time to practice all the AAMC material and even some NextStep exams (which I only recommend the first few).

I had over 90% score in C/P and 85% in B/B (huge jumps), decent P/S but my CARS score was laughable. My practice tests were at least 80% scores but this could have been from test-day experiences.

All in all, if you need a baseline for content in the fastest time I would recommend this course especially for its price. Not recommend to people who are not good at self-pacing, want more comprehensive material in all subjects, and need someone to help them on an individual basis.

Members don't see this ad.