Current Students at UofSt.Aug- Note-taking Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reganpt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just accepted to the University of St. Augustine's Residential PT program in Austin, Tx. I was wondering if any current students would share their input on note-taking at this program. Is the program heavily dependant on online resources/school work? I plan to buy a new MacBook for school, but do you feel the use of an iPad might be something to look into/beneficial for note-taking at this school?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

I was just accepted to the University of St. Augustine's Residential PT program in Austin, Tx. I was wondering if any current students would share their input on note-taking at this program. Is the program heavily dependant on online resources/school work? I plan to buy a new MacBook for school, but do you feel the use of an iPad might be something to look into/beneficial for note-taking at this school?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, I am about to start my final term at the Calfornia campus. I originally took paper and pen notes. First I would print out any power points, jot notes down on them in class, then rewrite my notes on lined paper before exams. During my 3rd term I switched to taking digital notes on the power points using a PDF annotator and then would re-type my notes on a blank word doc for the class and that was a million times better for me, and I could type faster so I was able to review information much more quickly. I also recorded the audio from the classes and would re-listen to it when I retyped my notes onto the word doc. I wish I would have done it since my first term, but I thought I hated computer notes. What made me switch to digital is that I didn't want to have to keep searching through several huge binders of paper for information - I wanted to be able to locate information quickly when studying for each class, for exit exams, and for boards. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, I am about to start my final term at the Calfornia campus. I originally took paper and pen notes. First I would print out any power points, jot notes down on them in class, then rewrite my notes on lined paper before exams. During my 3rd term I switched to taking digital notes on the power points using a PDF annotator and then would re-type my notes on a blank word doc for the class and that was a million times better for me, and I could type faster so I was able to review information much more quickly. I also recorded the audio from the classes and would re-listen to it when I retyped my notes onto the word doc. I wish I would have done it since my first term, but I thought I hated computer notes. What made me switch to digital is that I didn't want to have to keep searching through several huge binders of paper for information - I wanted to be able to locate information quickly when studying for each class, for exit exams, and for boards. Hope this helps!
This does! Thank you so much for reaching out :) are there many situations when you wish or think that an iPad would be better for school? I’m going to use my computer but willing to try an iPad or something else if you think it would be useful!

Members don't see this ad :)
This does! Thank you so much for reaching out :) are there many situations when you wish or think that an iPad would be better for school? I’m going to use my computer but willing to try an iPad or something else if you think it would be useful!

Either is great but you don't need both. I would opt for whichever you see yourself using more in the future either for home or work use. Seceral friends had a tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard and it was perfect for them. I had a hand me down tablet for the first 2 terms but missed having a larger screen so I got a laptop and I'm so much happier.

Reactions: 1 user
Either is great but you don't need both. I would opt for whichever you see yourself using more in the future either for home or work use. Seceral friends had a tablet with a Bluetooth keyboard and it was perfect for them. I had a hand me down tablet for the first 2 terms but missed having a larger screen so I got a laptop and I'm so much happier.
Thanks again for reaching out! Good luck on your final term!