Employment & Professional Networking Current OT's-- Lack of full-time hospital job openings in major cities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scarpito

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw an older thread expressing similar woes about the Bay Area job market, so I thought I'd rehash this issue to see if the scarcity of decent hospital job offerings is a more widespread problem.

Here's my deal: I'm licensed in CA, WA, and OR with just under one year of travel therapy experience, and I'm ready to take on a more permanent position. I've been scouring job-finding websites for full or part-time hospital positions (acute, IRF, LTAC) in larger cities and found that offerings are few and far between. However, PRN offers are relatively more common. So these are my questions:

1) Is gambling on these PRN hospital offers the best way for a newer grad to get their foot in the door in hopes of working up to a better hourly guarantee?
2) Is anyone out there currently juggling multiple PRN's that can offer advice?
3) Is this just a West Coast issue? Anyone having better luck in different regions of the country?

Thanks, friends.

Members don't see this ad.