Current DNP Students Thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't me that use the "lowmidelevel" line.

I'm just saying NPs are not equivalent to physicians and shouldn't be independent. You said....

....and it's not true. The study you linked relies on NPs who are supervised by physicians. That means it doesn't work as evidence for, and once again your words here, "NP outcomes are comparable to MD".

Again, no one is talking about independent practice NP's except you. You bring it up as a way to evade an argument you have objectively lost.

Under your theory PA's, who are also supervised, don't provide care for patients either, their supervisory physician does.

So let's clear this up; In cases where both have collaboratative agreements with MD's, NP care is equal to PA care. End of story.

Members don't see this ad.

Again, no one is talking about independent practice NP's except you. You bring it up as a way to evade an argument you have objectively lost.

Under your theory PA's, who are also supervised, don't provide care for patients either, their supervisory physician does.

So let's clear this up; In cases where both have collaboratative agreements with MD's, NP care is equal to PA care. End of story.
My entire premise is that midlevels should be supervised. if you disagree with the NP lobbyists on NP independence then you agree with me and we don't have an argument

Reactions: 1 user
I agree with you. They could implement advanced certification after 5 years of supervised practice to allow for independent practice, but without a doubt not right out of school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with you. They could implement advanced certification after 5 years of supervised practice to allow for independent practice, but without a doubt not right out of school.

no...if they want to be independent, they should go to medical school

Reactions: 3 users
Again, I respect your opinion, but I would accept your opinion if you provided evidence.

you are the one advocating a position that after "x" years of supervision NPs can provide equivalent-to-physciain-care without supervision....it's up to you to prove that

Reactions: 1 user
Proves you didn't read the research. The way logical arguments work is one person posts evidence and the other person provides stronger evidence. What your proposing is I provide evidence, you provide none, and simply attack what I provide. I won't engage in sonething intellectually dishonest like that. Have finals to study for.

Proves you didn't read the research. The way logical arguments work is one person posts evidence and the other person provides stronger evidence. What your proposing is I provide evidence, you provide none, and simply attack what I provide. I won't engage in sonething intellectually dishonest like that. Have finals to study for.
you link one metastudy with 5 of 37 sources using independent NPs....I actually went and read the metastudy. I'm not going back to sift through which 5 sources were using independent NPs. If you want to advocate that people believe your premise, cite the proof

you link one metastudy with 5 of 37 sources using independent NPs....I actually went and read the metastudy. I'm not going back to sift through which 5 sources were using independent NPs. If you want to advocate that people believe your premise, cite the proof

If all studies met inclusion criteria with physician scientists skilled in systematic reviews verifying validity do you think a medical student like yourself is a more trustworthy source?

If all studies met inclusion criteria with physician scientists skilled in systematic reviews verifying validity do you think a medical student like yourself is a more trustworthy source?

If it's so rock solid, link it and we'll see...

If it's so rock solid, link it and we'll see...

You aren't qualified to judge that. Again, I've already provided evidence. I've asked you many times to provide your own. You evade every time.

You aren't qualified to judge that. Again, I've already provided evidence. I've asked you many times to provide your own. You evade every time.

NP's practice independently in 20 something states and have for years. Plenty of time for med students like yourself to provide mountains of evidence proving our safety issues. Find some and argue with evidence.

PAs, who have far more actual medical training both didactic and clinical than NPs, strongly agree that a physician-lead team is the ideal model for success and have no interest in changing that dynamic. NPs, who have far less actual medical training, don't know what they don't know and this is a recipe for disaster.

You've repeated your opinion ad nauseum. I've proven my point with a evidence based peer reviewed research. Now prove yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.