current business/healthcare news

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this forums kind of dead right now, anything interesting to discuss? healthcare or non healthcare related, but definitely biz related (or eco since i love eco)

ill see if i can start with something:
ok i dont know. any good websites or hot issues to check?

Members don't see this ad.

I am starting a blog on internet business models and how to be an entrepreneur using the power of the internet. It'll be a step-by-step guide and discussion on the many ways to make money. It'll be on MedRounds, so I'll post a link here when I start writing tonight.

Members don't see this ad :)
sweet, looks great, im looking forward to it. thanks once again. geez, this forum needs some action

Andy, that looks like a great book. I cant wait to read the chapters. Are you planning on having it published or keep it an an internet open source?

Everything we publish is open source... from our peer-reviewed journals to books. I'll post the introduction soon.

If the book is good enough, then I'll offer it as a print-on-demand book for those who don't like to read on the Internet.

I have many exciting things happening in the company. We're launching a huge thing next week, and I recommend that you all get involved! Stay tuned!

Andrew_Doan said:
Everything we publish is open source... from our peer-reviewed journals to books. I'll post the introduction soon.

If the book is good enough, then I'll offer it as a print-on-demand book for those who don't like to read on the Internet.

I have many exciting things happening in the company. We're launching a huge thing next week, and I recommend that you all get involved! Stay tuned!
Dr. Doan,
Could you elaborate on the possibilities for involvement in Med Rounds. In what capacity would one participate?

Brett,

I have have several ways for people to participate.

One way is to be an author.
Another way is to recruit authors for the cause.

The BEST way is to be involved with this spin off: http://www.myfundrazor.org (site is still under construction)

We are launching e-commerce portals and individualizing them for the organizations this week. For EVERY local organization: school, church, youth group, and non-profit that you recruit for us to build their own FREE e-commerce portal, I will pay you 5% of the total revenue. 70% of the revenue will be paid back to the organization. This is my vision of social responsibility that is funded by shopping for every day goods. Peeople will purchase from the store that benefits their local communities.

I anticipate that sale reps can easily sustain a nice income from being a 'cheer leader' to help their local schools and non-profits by getting rid of fund raising junk like popcorn, wrapping paper, and candy. Instead, buy all things from your own e-commerce stores year round!

oh i see now, yes the fundraising operation seems much more viable for an undergrad than the publications. ill keep an eye on the progress of the site--any expected timeline?

Shredder said:
oh i see now, yes the fundraising operation seems much more viable for an undergrad than the publications. ill keep an eye on the progress of the site--any expected timeline?

MONDAY! ! ! We've signed up 100,000 patrons to date. Yes Shredder, as an undergrad, you can make six figures. Check out this PowerPoint: http://www.myfundrazor.org/myfundrazor-v2.ppt

This is a website for a 3500 member church in Washington: http://livingwater.myfundrazor.org/default2.php

and this is a website for the Macular for Degeneration at the University of Iowa: http://c4md.myfundrazor.org/default2.php

and

Our web team will offer:

1) FREE IT SERVICE

2) FREE customization of the site which includes a fully functional Amazon.com Store AND a Virtual Shopping Mall that includes over 300 merchants including, Buy.com, Sony.com, and other brand names.

3) We give to the non-profit organizations the LION SHARE of the profit consisting of 70% (our motto is POWERED BY PHILANTHROPY)

4) We give to the sales rep (YOU) 5%. This means if you recruit your university of 30,000 to sign-up... and this generates 5000 transactions a month at an average of $50 per sale = $250,000 sales monthly = $3,000,000 sales yearly

At the average commission rate of 10%-20% of the total sale, this will generate $300,000 to $600,000 GROSS REVENUES.

MyFundRazor.org then pays out:

1) $210,000 to $420,000 to the organization in one year

2) $15,000 to $30,000 to YOU, the sales rep in one year... AND you'll get this as long as your organization keeps using their e-commerce portals. Good sales rep will MOTIVATE, ENCOURAGE, and BE OF SERVICE to their community. You can generate a stable salary just going to schools, churches, and non-profit organizations.

3) The benefit of working with Myfundrazor.org is that the collective purchasing power of our current 100,000 customers is that we often demand higher commissions from merchants (up towards 50%); thus, this means more commission to YOU and to your organizations.

Our customer base is growing daily because this is such an attractive deal for organizations. We encourage organizations to make their own e-commerce portal as their "home page for e-commerce".

My goal is to be the premiere shopping portal for e-commerce to support local communities world wide!

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted this in the moderator forum. I want to explain why MyFundRazor was launched and how this will benefit you.

I am more of a moderate when it comes to social issues. With finances, I am a right wing republican with a conscious to give back most of my earnings to society. My ultimate dream is to build FREE medical clinics, churches, schools, and libraries around the world, benefiting citizens here as well as abroad. I may be pie-in-the-sky, but everything starts with a dream.

A company like Microsoft could change the world if they just set up $1 billion dollar endowments that payout $50-100 million in interest. The interest alone could easily fund the projects I listed above in many third world countries.

I would love to provide scholarships (full ride + stipends) to Christian medical students so they graduate debt free, earn almost a six figure salary during residency, and then they can serve in one of the missions abroad at the rate of 1 year for each year of support provided. How much does it cost to send a student to medical school + hefty stipend + books. Only $2 million in the bank which will fund at least one student forever on the interest. Corporate America wipes their noses with millions of dollars daily.

I want to see a decentralization of wealth by redistributing it to organizations that effect change. This leads to why FEP International launched MyFundRazor. MyFundRazor means $$$ at 70% commission to the organization AND $$$ for the mods who accepts the challenge to recruit their favorite organizations for a 5% return. 5% return is for the entire time the organization continues to use their e-commerce portals.

As a service representative, you can recruit all the high schools in a local area for example: School A, B, C, and D.

Then you can launch a local high school "fund razing" event where each school contributes to the pot 10-20% of the total raised from their efforts. The best school takes the prize and uses it to throw a special event for their students. Doing this yearly amongst 4 high schools can easily raise tons of cash.

Each school will have at least 1000 students. These students will recruit their friends, family, and neighbors to purchase from their OWN e-commerce portal. Let's say each student recruits 5 people to purchase an average of $50 per purchase. That's a total revenue of $250,000. At a commission ROI of about 10% (some of the merchants in our online store offer 50% commissions depending on the volume), that is $25,000 profit from commissions. MyFundRazor pays out to the school $17,500 ($1750 goes into the prize pot) and to the sales rep, you, $1,250.

With four schools:
-total raised for the district in one fund razing drive is: $63,000
-total prize for the winning school is: $7000 for a kick-ass party
-total payout to the sales rep: $5000 for being a cheer-leader

Do this 2 times a year, and the schools raised $126,000 and the sales rep receives $10,000.

Suppose the 5 people recruited continue to purchase online at $50/month each. That's $600/year each or $3000 for all 5. This is multiplied by the 1000 students who recruited these individuals with a simple business card. This pulls in purchases totalling: $3,000,000 x 4 schools = $12,000,000 x 0.10 commission from merchants = $1,200,000/year for all 4 schools.

With year-round purchasing because the supporters use this as their e-commerce portal:
-total raised for the schools - $840,000 (70% return)
-total payout to the sales rep - $60,000 (5% return)

For those who can't follow the logic, we're basically siphoning the Billions of dollars made by companies like Yahoo!, eBay, and Amazon and giving it back to schools, churches, and non-profits. We are launching a similar service in the UK and Europe in 1 year.

If anyone has an interest in being a sales rep, then please contact me: [email protected]

MyFundRazor is POWERED BY PHILANTHROPY and we're Shopping our favorite brands and lending a helping hand... This is shopping with social responsibility!

www.myfundrazor.org

theres tons of good info and opportunity here, im surely looking into it as soon as my interview wave is over in a couple of weeks

http://www.myfundrazor.org/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=3

We have featured on the first page Safeway.com [link: http://www.tkqlhce.com/click-1820016-10296924] which also operates Vons.com. Safeway.com allows ordering of everyday groceries, produce, meat, etc... and delivery of these items. This chain of grocers currently deliver to cities in: Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington

Many of the Service Reps are in these locations or know friends and family living in these states. I encourage you all to emphasize and teach your organizations to use these online grocers via their e-commerce portal. Currently, the revenue generated from this is $4/order and $7/new customer. This may not seem much, but remember that Johnson & Johnson and Gillette became Billion Dollar companies by selling consumables costing a few dollars.

The time saved from online ordering will allow more time for work, professional development, church, family, fun, rest, and sleep. Currently, this company is offering FREE delivery for orders of $50 or more. Encourage your organization to bookmark their e-commerce portals and go to Safeway.com or Vons.com links via their online stores.

Now, how much can this earn for your organizations and you? Let's say you recruit a 2000 member high school to get on board. 25% of the families start using this service. That's 500 members ordering weekly groceries.

500 x $4 = $2000/week x 4 = $8000/month

This means: $5600/month for your organization and $400/month for the service rep.

Go and signup all the high schools in your area. My alma matter has ~6 high schools with 2000 students each. This means one service rep in a medium size town/city can generate:

$5600/month x 6 = $33,600/month for the 6 high schools and $400/month x 6 = $2,400/month for the service rep.

This is ONLY from people being encouraged to switch to the convenience of ordering their groceries and consumables online! Remember, teach your organizations how to make their e-commerce portals their homepage and the links to receive credit for their purchases.

I was shopping for more Life Insurance yesterday (no I don't anticipate anything happening)... After "shopping online", I've added a new featured merchant on the first page of our Virtual Mall called American Life Insurance Direct
http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1820016-10362518

It takes less than 10 minutes to get a quote. If individuals in your organizations purchase a policy, then the commission is $125/policy. However, this merchant will also give $20 for people to fill out the application for an online quote without obligations. I tried it, and opted-out at the credit card page because my current life insurance policy is a better deal.

Other companies that offer money for registrations are: Discover Cards for $40/sign-up: http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-1820016-8777206 and eBay at $12/registration: http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1820016-10366505

I'm all about selling it to the massess. Thus, even in a SMALL group of only 100 people, the acquisition of a new credit card, eBay ID, and Life Insurance quote totals: $7200 x 70% = $5040 donated back to the organization. Thus, in an organization with 1000 individuals, then that's $50,400 donated back. When was the last time a small church, school, or non-profit raised $5000 without upfront costs and hundreds of hours???

This is the power of e-commerce and the Internet. Please encourage and teach your organizations about these online products and services. If people ask how these companies can afford this "advertising" cost, then tell them that virtual merchants do not pay expensive leases.

Merchants who invest in this type of advertising do better than merchants depending solely on TV commercials. When was the last time you signed up for a credit card because you saw a TV commercial?

Andrew_Doan said:
:laugh: what a cheap post :p

interesting free market perspective on the state of medicine
How Medical Boards Nationalized Health Care

thoughts? sigh...special interests really mess with markets. so true how all regulatory red tape, from the AMA->FDA->FCC->FTC->SEC is justified as "protecting consumers", as if they will perish if left unprotected in the jungle of free enterprise, where they actually have to make choices and take some individual responsibility. its really like grounding all of the kids in the nursery/famliy because some are unruly

i never like to be all talk, so--any ideas on how we might be able to change this situation? if not now then in the future. true selflessness would be finding a way to trustbust the medical cartel for the good of society

Shredder said:
:laugh: what a cheap post :p

interesting free market perspective on the state of medicine
How Medical Boards Nationalized Health Care

thoughts? sigh...special interests really mess with markets. so true how all regulatory red tape, from the AMA->FDA->FCC->FTC->SEC is justified as "protecting consumers", as if they will perish if left unprotected in the jungle of free enterprise, where they actually have to make choices and take some individual responsibility. its really like grounding all of the kids in the nursery/famliy because some are unruly

i never like to be all talk, so--any ideas on how we might be able to change this situation? if not now then in the future. true selflessness would be finding a way to trustbust the medical cartel for the good of society

These medical boards do very little except give false security. For instance, the Board of Ophthalmology cannot keep me from practicing. I can still get hospital privileges to practice without being Board Certified. My fellowship director made a good point that the Board of Ophthalmology has NO authority to keep me from practicing in a court of law. My Medical License is all I need to practice. It is completely voluntary. The Board also FAILS to test and confirm surgical competence. Instead, it requires its members to memorize little facts that equate little to medical competence. I will take the Boards however, because the Navy pays me extra for "board certification". Aside from that, I could still practice medicine without my ophthalmology boards with the current rules and laws.

Why do we need these Boards? Because "someone" said we needed them. For instance, if all the ophthalmologists today decided as a whole NOT to take the Board, life would continue. The Board would stop making: $1500 x 1000 = $1.5 million a year. I run a business. I understand costs. It does not require $1.5 million a year to run this thing when academic professors write the questions for FREE. Someone is making a lot of money for a test that is administered once a year!

I agree with the article. I think we have too much regulation in this country for what we get.

Seeing is believing (in the free market)

Everywhere we look it seems that health care is more expensive: prescription drug prices are increasing, costs to visit the doctor are up, the price of health insurance is rising. But look closer, even closer, closer still. Don't see it yet? Perhaps you should have your eyes corrected at a Lasik vision center.

Laser eye surgery has the highest patient satisfaction ratings of any surgery, it has been performed more than 3 million times in the past decade, it is new, it is high-tech, it has gotten better over time and... laser eye surgery has fallen in price. In 1998 the average price of laser eye surgery was about $2200 per eye. Today the average price is $1350, that's a decline of 38 percent in nominal terms and slightly more than that after taking into account inflation.

Why the price decline in this market and not others? Could it have something to do with the fact that laser eye surgery is not covered by insurance, not covered by Medicaid or Medicare, and not heavily regulated? Laser eye surgery is one of the few health procedures sold in a free market with price advertising, competition and consumer driven purchases. I'm seeing things more clearly already.
http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2004/11/seeing_is_belie.html

so true, at least on the surface. this must be near and dear to you dr. doan, any thoughts? hmm this thread is just us two back and forth--well dont feel compelled to respond to anything here, its not really anything too important. well, it is very important in the big picture, but not in the small picture

Shredder said:
http://www.marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2004/11/seeing_is_belie.html

so true, at least on the surface. this must be near and dear to you dr. doan, any thoughts? hmm this thread is just us two back and forth--well dont feel compelled to respond to anything here, its not really anything too important. well, it is very important in the big picture, but not in the small picture

I believe medicine should be more of a "free market" where there are true market forces of supply and demand driving costs. In medicine, we basically have a pseudo-monopoly where costs are determined in large part by legislation.

Interesting article! :thumbup: