Current attending work survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pointless

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This idea came up in a separate thread but i figured since some may not be monitoring that particular threads we may get more visibility by starting a new thread.

Essentially, the idea is for current working radiation oncologists to anonymously submit their employment type, total salary, and work hours to evilbooya so that they can be compiled and reported. There has been a lot of discussion about salaries, hours, etc without a lot of reference to actual real world data and this would be an interesting way to contribute to that discussion. If we get enough responses, we could consider repeating year by year to see how things change.

I suggest submitting as follows:
Employment type (academic, private, hospital employed)
Total salary (excluding things like health care, 401k contributions but INCLUDING bonus)
Average hours worked per week.

Members don't see this ad.

Can I suggest the results of this get moved to the private forum?

Reactions: 14 users
I agree with @BobbyHeenan , @Pointless let me know if you agree. I have received a couple of data points but would prefer this to be discussed in the private forum.

An additional data point that I feel would be valuable is 'Years out from residency', or alternatively 'Years in the current position'.

Additional comments on whether you are partner (if in a PP), and if so, whether your group has a stipend or otherwise share of technical reimbursements would be beneficial.

Members don't see this ad :)
So by transparency, we actually mean not transparent at all :)

I thought the point of this was to provide anonymous data that we could actually use, rather than anecdotal donkey doo that is usually posted.

I'm just, personally, not a fan of prying eyes seeing what attendings are making, even when anonymized. Discussion points like this are why we created the business of radiation oncology forum in the first place. This is similar in line to the Anesthesiology forum, for example, on SDN.

I'll leave this open in the current forum until tomorrow, at which point I will go with majority rules.

If you like BobbyHeenan's proposal, like his post or post agree.
If you like ROFallingDown's proposal, like hist post or post agree.

Liking from duplicate accounts (I know some of you have some) will lead to bans of duplicate accounts. Choose wisely.

Reactions: 3 users
Confirmed physicians being transparent with confirmed physicians is how this should work.

Reactions: 2 users
I guess I have no objection to moving to the private forum except that I have no desire to disclose my identity to anyone on this board. So, I guess I will be excluded from viewing the results but that's not a big deal. Maybe evil can PM me the results when we have them.

On a side note, I have received some suggestions to also include region/location and years out in training. In my mind, both of those start to narrow down anonymity but not enough that one should be able to reasonably conclude an identity, so I have no objection.

I guess I have no objection to moving to the private forum except that I have no desire to disclose my identity to anyone on this board. So, I guess I will be excluded from viewing the results but that's not a big deal. Maybe evil can PM me the results when we have them.

On a side note, I have received some suggestions to also include region/location and years out in training. In my mind, both of those start to narrow down anonymity but not enough that one should be able to reasonably conclude an identity, so I have no objection.

To clarify the bolded, verification only means Neuronix (or some other SDN staff member) needs to know your e-mail. If you would like, we can arrange for a non-Rad Onc Admin to confirm your identity as an alternative to Neuronix.

*EDIT* - This has been edited into the access to the private forum aspect as well to offer this option to all SDN Rad Onc users.

Last edited:
So, will be like MGMA with even lower n and only select people can see ... sounds like it will really help clarify misinformation ;)

Reactions: 1 user
So, will be like MGMA with even lower n and only select people can see ... sounds like it will really help clarify misinformation ;)
Making it accessible only to a few does sort of defeat the purpose of making a resource for students and residents to gauge the market. Are they also able to join the business forum or is that only for practicing docs?

Making it accessible only to a few does sort of defeat the purpose of making a resource for students and residents to gauge the market. Are they also able to join the business forum or is that only for practicing docs?

Residents are allowed to join. Medical students (at least currently) are not.

Reactions: 1 user
To clarify the bolded, verification only means Neuronix (or some other SDN staff member) needs to know your e-mail. If you would like, we can arrange for a non-Rad Onc Admin to confirm your identity as an alternative to Neuronix.

*EDIT* - This has been edited into the access to the private forum aspect as well to offer this option to all SDN Rad Onc users.

This option is open to all SDN members, not just OP, and the sticky has been updated accordingly.

Based on wishes of the community, will create a similar thread in the private forum on this topic. If you see this and would like access, please PM Neuronix for access.

Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.