Current applicant - When to worry of lack of interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salmonellaisafish

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all applying in this current cycle. Thought I was a pretty decent candidate and advisors said so as well. I know its early so I'm not sure if its time to panic. 250s, almost all clinical honors, decent number of publications, no obvious red flags. Only have 1 interview so far with around 1/3 of programs I've applied to released interviews so far.

Should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am worried too. I am applying to neurology and have only gotten two interviews so far. Is it still early in the season or should I be concerned? I am an IMG, with average USMLE steps scores, but have worked in the neurology field before.

Hey all applying in this current cycle. Thought I was a pretty decent candidate and advisors said so as well. I know its early so I'm not sure if its time to panic. 250s, almost all clinical honors, decent number of publications, no obvious red flags. Only have 1 interview so far with around 1/3 of programs I've applied to released interviews so far.

Should I be concerned?
How do you know if the programs you applied to have released interview invites?