CT appearance of pleural invasion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakblack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI everyone, I'm conducting a research regarding CT appearances of pleural invasion. There are many books concerning CT images of lung cancer, whereas it's tough to find some about my particular topic. Would you please give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

HI everyone, I'm conducting a research regarding CT appearances of pleural invasion. There are many books concerning CT images of lung cancer, whereas it's tough to find some about my particular topic. Would you please give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Not quite sure what you are asking. If it's invading visceral pleura, the tumor extends out to the periphery --- simple enough. Whether it's invading parietal pleura is a clinical judgment, aided by patient reporting chest wall pain. (which you won't get from CT)

There are many books concerning CT images of lung cancer, whereas it's tough to find some about my particular topic. Would you please give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance.

This may be your problem. A google scholar search for "pleural invasion" turns up 46,400 articles, many of which mention CT and/or prognosis.