General Admissions & OTCAS Creighton OTD 2020 Cohort

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krkasper

Reaction score
Hello!! Starting this thread for those applying to / accepted to Creighton University's OTD program to BEGIN in fall 2020!! I interviewed September 20th and was accepted October 3rd. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all I also was accepted on the 3rd!! What a great school!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello!! I also interviewed on September 20th and was accepted on the 3rd of October! Such a great school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I paid my deposit and will be attending! I loved the program. Do you think you will be attending?
Yes! I paid my deposit too and think it's such an amazing program. I plan on it!

Hi! I am interviewing next month and am so excited! Is there anything I should know?

Hi! I am interviewing next month and am so excited! Is there anything I should know?
Just relax, they really want to get to know you and see if you will be a good fit and if it's a good fit for you. Mine was more of a conversation and they do a good job before hand of going over the program. I would definitely spend some time learning some specifics about Creighton that helped me.

Hey everyone! I interview with Creighton this month! Any tips or words of wisdom?

Don't over-prepare but know some things about the program and school that you can ask them about, get familiar with some of the professors as it will give you an extra topic to talk about, but most of all just relax and be yourself!! That's really what they want.

Would anyone who has been accepted be willing to share stats?

Last edited:
Would anyone who was been accepted be willing to share stats?

School: Fort Hays State University
Major: General Science (Biology) and certificate in healthy aging
GPA: 3.94
Pre-Req GPA: about 3.86 - 3.90
GRE: 152V 146Q 4.0AW

Shadow hours: this area is low for me. I have struggled being able to find a lot of time to shadow as i am a college athlete, work, and am in honor society. I have 30 hours shadowing between inpatient and outpatient at the local hospital. One thing that helps me is having 120 hours of performing ADL's with a nonverbal 8-year-old with Trisomy 4p. I was able to shadow about 5 hours with her OT at school and learn activities to perform at home with her in the summer to help learning and overall cognition.

Extracurriculars: College basketball, Honor Society, Volunteer at campus Neuromuscular Wellness Center (exercise programs for elderly participants)

Volunteer: I have several volunteer events through my extracurriculars. Probably about 40 hours worth i would say.

Certifications: Basic Life Support/CPR

Applied to: Creighton, KUMC, Rockhurst

Would anyone who was been accepted be willing to share stats?
School: Barry University
GPA: 3.88
GRE 146Q, 154V, 4W
Hours 100+ in hands, SNF, aquatics, pediatrics

Leadership: captain football team, college basketball team. Manager of admission for USC DPT hybrid track, Diversity leadership committee.

Volunteer: 2 years of AmeriCorps and over 200 hours of other volunteer events.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have those of you who were accepted on October 3rd heard about scholarships yet?

Yes, I heard about two weeks later but i know some people that interviewed on the 22nd of November that just got accepted Tuesday and also found out about their scholarships already.

It seemed liked a great school and they have a lot of experience and support. I would have chosen there, but recently got into the #1 ranked program and it feels like a better fit for me. But Creighton to me was pretty impressive as well.

Hello!
I have an interview for the Creighton OTD distance/hybrid program at Regis in Denver in February 2020! Can anyone respond who are planning on attending this cohort, and/or that have applied?

Also, for those who have been accepted to any Creighton pathway and found out they have gotten in- what does the timeline look like following the interview and finding out you were accepted?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!
I have an interview for the Creighton OTD distance/hybrid program at Regis in Denver in February 2020! Can anyone respond who are planning on attending this cohort, and/or that have applied?

Also, for those who have been accepted to any Creighton pathway and found out they have gotten in- what does the timeline look like following the interview and finding out you were accepted?

Thanks in advance!

I am also going to an interview on the 21th. This is my #1 choice so I hope I get in.

Hello!

Thanks in advance!

I found out 2 weeks after the interview and that seems to be the same for people at other interviews, but it could be different since you will be interviewing at a different pathway than I did.

Hello!

Thanks in advance!
Hi! I also went for the interview on the 21st and it is my top choice. They said sometime in the next two weeks during their information session of the interview. Hope we all hear great things ASAP :)

Hello all! Is anyone here applying to the Alaskan Pathway in Anchorage Alaska? If so, have you interviewed for the program? I would love to hear any feedback on what the interview was like.

Hello,

Has anyone that was selected as an alternate for Creighton OTD heard back?