Create new Ireland forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would you like to see a separate Ireland forum?

• Yes

Votes: 23 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
M

Miklos

It seems that lately over 90% of the posts are purely about Irish schools.

Due to the very high interest in Irish schools, might that not justify a separate Ireland forum?

Vote away.

Members don't see this ad.

Miklos said:
It seems that lately over 90% of the posts are purely about Irish schools.

Due to the very high interest in Irish schools, might that not justify a separate Ireland forum?

Vote away.

We should tell Mr. Keenan and the Respective faculties to inform the students to assist in answering any questions we might have. If they have time...
ha!

There seems to be a high interest in asking the same questions over and over again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, i just noticed. Tell you what. When I have time in about a week or so, I'll create a sticky to post at the top of the forum, pretty much detailing everything anyone would want to know about applying to Irish and UK schools. How's that?

I've never liked the way the forums were (re)organized. It's just not logical. A US undergrad looking for a foreign school to attend really has very little in common with a European doctor/med student. There should be USIMG sub-forums and probably just one FMG forum.

When I look at the Europe forum, It's often questions about Ireland, which other USIMGs (from Caribbean schools or elsewhere) could answer. Likewise, I have more in common with FMGs from India or Australia and would like to hear their perspective.

Maybe we should go back to one big IMG forum, which I think people liked better anyway.

It was subdivided because the one forum was starting to get too big and confusing. However, it is a good suggestion to have a US-IMG forum, but the idea is to get a mixing of people and therefore a mixing of ideas and exposure to other ideas/systems instead of keep classifying everything. At the moment it's going a bit nuts with the Ireland threads, which I agree, is really annoying. I hope a sticky will direct people where they need and inform people of the more general aspects that are common to all US-IMGs. Also, the Irish applications seem to have exploded in the last few years, so this may be contributing to the load of questions.