Create Evaluation Request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coolee20

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI EVERYONE, WHAT DO WE WRITE IN "Personal Message to Your Evaluator" BOX? MY ADVISER HAS ALL MY RECOMMENDATION LETTERS. PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO WRITE.

Members don't see this ad.

It sends in an email to whoever you request it from.
From my understanding ERAS wants it straight from the source, but if that isn’t happening I’d just put your adviser’s email each time and just write whatever you feel is necessary.

From my understanding ERAS wants it straight from the source, but if that isn’t happening I’d just put your adviser’s email each time and just write whatever you feel is necessary.
I just dont know what to say in that box? how to think them though. my adviser isnt writing any letters for me. she just going to upload my letters

Members don't see this ad :)
I just dont know what to say in that box? how to think them though. my adviser isnt writing any letters for me. she just going to upload my letters
It doesn’t matter what goes in that box. That just goes to your adviser. You could put “stick it here yo” and it would mean nothing.

It doesn’t matter what goes in that box. That just goes to your adviser. You could put “stick it here yo” and it would mean nothing.
gotchya thanks!

Is that person is talking about med school apps? ERAS does indeed want it straight from the source.

Is that person is talking about med school apps? ERAS does indeed want it straight from the source.
They do want it from the source, but you put in the email of whoever has it. If it’s not at the source it’ll have to be whoever has it.

Also, according to my school (take it as what you will) the doc can designate whoever they want it to go to and you put that persons email in the box. Not the doc

They do want it from the source, but you put in the email of whoever has it. If it’s not at the source it’ll have to be whoever has it.

Also, according to my school (take it as what you will) the doc can designate whoever they want it to go to and you put that persons email in the box. Not the doc

Yeah the person can designate someone like their secretary, but as far as I understand it, that person shouldn't be a school adviser/official. That was the whole point of removing the school from the equation for LORs on ERAS.