Crack the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ns96

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! Has anybody tired the Crack the PCAT to study? I took one of the practice exams and I felt the Chemistry and Biology were much harder than the Dr. Collins. If you have used the Crack the PCAT, how similar is it to the actual PCAT? Any opinions or advice? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello! Has anybody tired the Crack the PCAT to study? I took one of the practice exams and I felt the Chemistry and Biology were much harder than the Dr. Collins. If you have used the Crack the PCAT, how similar is it to the actual PCAT? Any opinions or advice? Thank you!
I enjoyed using it. If you have the extra cash, it's definitely worth just for the simulation of test day. There were some glitches with parts of it, like being asked to answer a question based on a diagram that wasn't provided, for example. One other example includes that some of the explanation videos/paragraphs aren't matched properly to the correct question. The questions are tougher than the actual PCAT. Your score on Crack the PCAT exams are not truly reflective of what your actual score will be. Get the Pearson exams to take as real indicators of what to expect in terms of performance on test day.

I enjoyed using it. If you have the extra cash, it's definitely worth just for the simulation of test day. There were some glitches with parts of it, like being asked to answer a question based on a diagram that wasn't provided, for example. One other example includes that some of the explanation videos/paragraphs aren't matched properly to the correct question. The questions are tougher than the actual PCAT. Your score on Crack the PCAT exams are not truly reflective of what your actual score will be. Get the Pearson exams to take as real indicators of what to expect in terms of performance on test day.
Thank you!!

I used Crack the PCAT before and the questions and answers were not reflective at all compared to the real PCAT. Crack the PCAT makers also made "Crack the DAT" and "Crack the MCAT" so their materials aren't really specified towards the PCAT in terms of difficulty and topics. It was way harder in general than the real PCAT. The real PCAT itself was fairly simple. Its not as critical thinking compared to the DAT.

I would also say that about the Kaplan PCAT book as well. If you ever compared a DAT Kaplan book to a PCAT Kaplan they're practically the same so alot of the materials were reused and again the materials and difficulty were not reflective of the real PCAT.

I found Dr. Collins to be extremely dependable in terms of study reviews andtons of questions that were pretty close to the PCAT. They don't make any other guides like the mcat/dat. Only for the PCAT. So their material is 100% geared towards the PCAT which is why I found it very reliable. The set came with many practice questions and answers and the reviews were great refreshers without any fluff. Pearson is basically the real PCAT if you're not needing any extra study guides/reviews or tons of extra questions to practice with. Only two I highly recommend.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I used Crack the PCAT before and the questions and answers were not reflective at all compared to the real PCAT. Crack the PCAT makers also made "Crack the DAT" and "Crack the MCAT" so their materials aren't really specified towards the PCAT in terms of difficulty and topics. It was way harder in general than the real PCAT. The real PCAT itself was fairly simple. Its not as critical thinking compared to the DAT.

I would also say that about the Kaplan PCAT book as well. If you ever compared a DAT Kaplan book to a PCAT Kaplan they're practically the same so alot of the materials were reused and again the materials and difficulty were not reflective of the real PCAT.

I found Dr. Collins to be extremely dependable in terms of study reviews andtons of questions that were pretty close to the PCAT. They don't make any other guides like the mcat/dat. Only for the PCAT. So their material is 100% geared towards the PCAT which is why I found it very reliable. The set came with many practice questions and answers and the reviews were great refreshers without any fluff. Pearson is basically the real PCAT if you're not needing any extra study guides/reviews or tons of extra questions to practice with. Only two I highly recommend.
Thank you so much!

Many of the Dr. Collins questions are found to be on the actual PCAT.
I found Dr. Collins to be extremely dependable in terms of study reviews andtons of questions that were pretty close to the PCAT. They don't make any other guides like the mcat/dat. Only for the PCAT. So their material is 100% geared towards the PCAT which is why I found it very reliable. The set came with many practice questions and answers and the reviews were great refreshers without any fluff.