Covid endures (for now)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bingbongbink

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Critical Care Doctors Are in Crisis

Unfortunately, despite all the inadequacies that were exacerbated in our broken medical system due to COVID, I fear we will return to an even more broken and divided system once we return to ‘normalcy’. Do you see any change on the horizon?

Members don't see this ad.

dunno, just recalibrate your expectations. Pre-COVID, the ICU was already where people went to die and most of it was lifestyle choices (etoh, drugs, donuts, smoking, etc). As a resident, I suspect the ratio of people I helped vs harmed was like 30/70 in the ICU.

COVID is a time to cash out and get paid. I just moonlight as a hospitalist, but I negiotated my gigs from 150/hr pre-COVID to 250/hr. If some idiot anti-vaxxer wants to **** around and find out, I'm perfectly fine with that. Keep the hospital full and my wallet fat.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
dunno, just recalibrate your expectations. Pre-COVID, the ICU was already where people went to die and most of it was lifestyle choices (etoh, drugs, donuts, smoking, etc). As a resident, I suspect the ratio of people I helped vs harmed was like 30/70 in the ICU.

COVID is a time to cash out and get paid. I just moonlight as a hospitalist, but I negiotated my gigs from 150/hr pre-COVID to 250/hr. If some idiot anti-vaxxer wants to **** around and find out, I'm perfectly fine with that. Keep the hospital full and my wallet fat.
250 Hr/ for hospitalist shifts?
What geographic region?